Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

Sleeved on the 9th. Doing great! Still a little pain especially when i cough but other than that recovering well. Honestly I was in shock for the first few days, couldn't believe it was done! ???? From the time I first talked to the surgeon to the surgery was three weeks. Self pay puts you on the Fast track for sure! Now is healing and re-learning how to eat. How is everyone else doing?

Yum! Hot coco! I've got those Proteins, guess what I'm having later today? ???? glad I found this 2/9-for life!!! ???? I'll always remember this day as the day I finally took control of my life. ????

So I went to work today ???? walked like a 1000 year old turtle but I made it ???????? I was able to get in a good amount of fluids and should meet my goal again today. I have my follow-up tomorrow and I can't wait to ask about this awful pain in my side sighh

Tomatoe Soup is actually on my full liquid list and I pray that it settles because I am so looking forward to something different. I will dilute it to avoid the acid ????

I don't think you can stretch your pouch with liquids but in the words of my doc, if your full STOP

I don't start puréed for 1 more week and I'm ready ????

How's everyone's weight loss coming? I'm down 32 pounds since the pre-op diet woohoooo

So glad everyone seems to be doing well. Is anyone still taking pain meds? I have only taken them the last few evenings to help me sleep. I'm feeling good. On a side note (since it was mentioned in the hot choc recipe), you can find PB2 at Big Lots (I'm in California- not sure if Big Lots are outside of CA). All I know is that I am getting pretty stir crazy. Haven't left the house at all. Uggggg.

So I went to work today ???? walked like a 1000 year old turtle but I made it ???????? I was able to get in a good amount of fluids and should meet my goal again today. I have my follow-up tomorrow and I can't wait to ask about this awful pain in my side sighh

Tomatoe Soup is actually on my full liquid list and I pray that it settles because I am so looking forward to something different. I will dilute it to avoid the acid ????

I don't think you can stretch your pouch with liquids but in the words of my doc, if your full STOP

I don't start puréed for 1 more week and I'm ready ????

How's everyone's weight loss coming? I'm down 32 pounds since the pre-op diet woohoooo

Thank you for saying that! I needed to read or hear someone say, when you are full stop eating! I'm thinking oh it's just broth and I need to drink all 6 oz. I have to forget the past of clearing my plate and stop when I'm full or feeling bloated. Thank you again!!!

Had my 1 week follow up appt today, all went well. Also met my primary care physician to get her up to speed on my progress and to thank her for encouraging down this path..it was pretty emotional

One week post op appointment tomorrow. Can't wait to see what the scale shows. I also went back to work today. I was quite tired at first but then realized (duh) I needed to have a Protein Shake. After that i pepped up a bit. The last time I took meds was after walking a mile because i just HAD to get out of the house. Once I got back I could tell I overdid it. So back to the half mile.

Back to work day 1

Great day back to work. Only walked 1200 steps and took it easy. 8 oz Water with sugar free crystal light, 6 oz Protein Shake, and 6 oz chicken broth. It was hard to watch everyone else eat, but I focused on my goal. One day at a time... I can do this!!

Yes, one day at a time - you have this and congrats on getting through your first day ????????????????

So glad to hear that everyone is doing well

I had my follow up today as well and although I wasn't pleased with the appointment, he was pleased with my progress. I also started full liquids today and had creamed tomatoe Soup, which was so yummy and necessary- couldn't get it all down but it was awesome not eating broth ????

Has anyone started putting anything on their incisions yet or have an idea when we should start?

So glad to hear that everyone is doing well

I had my follow up today as well and although I wasn't pleased with the appointment, he was pleased with my progress. I also started full liquids today and had creamed tomatoe Soup, which was so yummy and necessary- couldn't get it all down but it was awesome not eating broth ????

Has anyone started putting anything on their incisions yet or have an idea when we should start?

So now you have me curious as to what happened at your 1 week check up? Please let us know if you feel comfortable.

We are on day 8 post surgery and I've only lost 12 pounds. scale has not moved in last 3 days, which means I really must move more and get more steps in. So I have a new plan today:

* Take all Vitamins

* Drink 3 16oz bottles of Water

* Walk 10,000 steps today

If I do that with only eating less than 300 calories, the scale should move this week. That's the plan????

How is everyone else doing?

So I was sleeved on 2/9. I have yet to be hungry. My liquid diet was mostly Water. I tried some soft soft sweet potato yesterday. About a spoonful. And by Monday my dr wants me on soft meats. How will I be hungry enough!?

Interesting. I'm on liquids only for 21 days before I can have soft diet. I love that we can all share info!!

Not sure about ur question though.