Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

MxKitty - I can't even imagine getting in 75 grams of Protein, you are doing awesome. What's a typical food day like for you? That tartar sauce sounds yumm, I may have to borrow your recipe

I'm with you the scale is lucifer, I was so sad this morning when I went to step on it and my wife had hidden it and refused to bring it out before Monday grrrr - well I asked so I guess it's my fault. Hopefully the weekly weigh in will make me more appreciative of my progress

Hey @It's Time - a day in my pouch is basically like this....

• Breakfast - a Protein Shake in the morning using lactose free skim milk, scoop of GNC Pro Performance whey Protein (currently Cookie N Cream) sometimes a splash of sugar free flavor Syrup and other times 2T of PB2 so my protein shake is usually 32-37g of protein. (Takes me about an hour to finish it though)
  • Lunch - flavored tuna pouch mixed with a little plain Greek yogurt or a portion of Shelly's Ricotta Bake Mexican Style so lunch is 14-16g protein
  • Dinner - this one really varies as I try to have something very similar to what I fix for my family mine just gets dumped into my NutraBullet first and I skip the carb heavy stuff like mashed potatoes so dinner is around 16-26g protein. Example last night I made Shepard's pie from Friday's leftover crockpot roast with potatoes & carrots. I shredded the roast, drained the carrots and potatoes then skinned the potatoes tossed both in the food processor with Greek yogurt & seasoning to make the "mash" for the top. I added the roast to the juices I drained from the veggies, added a splash of Worcestershire, 1c shelled edamame (they don't like peas) and some salt & pepper. I filled individual ramekins with the meat filling (tossed mine in the NutraBullet with a little beef broth first) then topped theirs with the mash, mine with some fresh parmesan! In the oven and BLAMO awesome dinner for everyone and no one even realized it was reinvented leftovers. ;) My portion had 26g protein!
  • Snack - this one is my favorite. PROTEIN ICE CREAM!!!! I have 1/2c-1c of this awesome yumminess depending on what my protein was for he rest of the day. I try to get 90ish grams a day. 1/2c of my protein ice cream is right at 20-21g of protein per serving and it goes down really easy. I even invested in a new ice cream maker just for this daily dish of awesome - I got it free using my credit card points (from being self pay) on Amazon.com heehee
  • Last but not least I usually have 1 piece of Russell Stover plain dark chocolate - it even has 1g protein so I savor it!

Today is my birthday so I'm going to try playing around with making a 5 minute microwave high protein cake and see how that turns out :P and how many grams of protein I can squeeze into it!

So everyone - please tell me how its going! Are there any food type things I can help you with or experiment with to help you get to a better you? Let me know!!! B)

Ummmm WOW! Can I move in? I am not even close to being that creative! How do you make the ice cream?

Hi Everyone!

So after surgery I became extremely lactose intolerant ???? I can no longer drink Premier Protein or use gene pro whey Protein. I can't eat cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese of any kind...so basically getting in Protein is getting very difficult because I'm not much of a meat eater. Do you guys have any suggestions? This morning I had one scrambled egg white filled me up but that's only 6 grans of protein. On average, I get maybe 30-40 g of protein a day.

@SuzzyQ_delli You'll need an ice cream maker but here's the basic recipe I started with:

Shelly's chocolate Caramel Protein Ice Cream

2 cup vanilla Soy Milk (I used Fairflife Lactose Free 2% milk)
4 scoops chocolate Protein Powder
3 Tablespoon sugar free Torani Syrup (I used Archer Farms SF Caramel from Target)

Mix together milk, protein, SF syrup & sauce. Shelly uses a milk frother I used my blender It makes it airy and lump free (and practically doubles in volume). Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. Makes about 1 pint.

So 1/2c of this awesome stuff was right @ 20g protein -I also add about 1/4 of splenda to mine.

Hi Everyone!

So after surgery I became extremely lactose intolerant I can no longer drink Premier Protein or use gene pro whey Protein. I can't eat cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese of any kind...so basically getting in Protein is getting very difficult because I'm not much of a meat eater. Do you guys have any suggestions? This morning I had one scrambled egg white filled me up but that's only 6 grans of protein. On average, I get maybe 30-40 g of protein a day.

@elsalvador7 I also became very lactose intolerant after my original surgery in 2002 and it totally sucks. I did finally find a brand of Lactose free milk I can manage. It's called Fairlife and I can usually find the little 11oz bottles in the milk section if you want to try it without getting a bigger carton. The bonus is it actually has more protein than regular milk 13g per cup instead of 8g. post-284868-0-31567300-1456941763_thumb.jpg post-284868-0-30598400-1456941761_thumb.jpg

Are there any powdered protein powders you can tolerate? I can manage the GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey. There are a dozen or so flavors too. I've also used Bob's Red Mill unflavored Whey protein I found at my local grocery store. If you can tolerate one or the other maybe you could add unflavored to your eggs? Or make a warm Protein Drink (or tea using unflavored) to sip on (see Hot Protein Drink How To.doc attached). Oh and I just remembered GNC also carries Isopure Zero Carb usually in the cold cooler that's a clear lactose free drink. Also many flavors, 1 20oz bottle has 40g protein but they are about $5 a bottle here in St. Louis. If you could drink one bottle a day you'd definitely be ahead of the game.

Let me know how it goes.

~K

edited to add pictures!

Hot Protein Drink How To.docx

Edited by MxKitty

Oh and at chic fil a the kids meal is almost perfect! 4 piece grilled nugget 70 calories and 11 grams of Protein, unsweet tea or skim milk, and fresh fruit. Delicious! Even if I don't have the whole fruit cup to be conscious of carbs.

Sent from my 6045O using the BariatricPal App

Love chic fil a! Thanks so much! I can't imagine eating 4 nuggets right now. That would take all day LOL!

Oh and at chic fil a the kids meal is almost perfect! 4 piece grilled nugget 70 calories and 11 grams of Protein, unsweet tea or skim milk, and fresh fruit. Delicious! Even if I don't have the whole fruit cup to be conscious of carbs.

Sent from my 6045O using the BariatricPal App

Love chic fil a! Thanks so much! I can't imagine eating 4 nuggets right now. That would take all day LOL!
Haha. I can only get down two myself. Then have the other two as a snack later.

MxKitty - thanks for sharing a day in your tummy [emoji16] and HAPPY DAY OF BIRTH [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322] I hope that you did something fantastic

Slimtrimshel- congrats on the 27 pound loss that is fantastic

Elsavador - have you tried the Syntrax matrix Protein Powder? I think they are 23 or 25 grams of Protein and you mix with Water ( they are fruity flavors)

What food phase is everyone on? And is everyone feeling normal again? I am a purée and move to soft on Monday. Have been scared to try much because of the acid reflux so I still drink about 2 shakes a day. I am starting to feel like myself again, still some discomfort in my side but only when I over due it [emoji16]

Just a quick post to share a picture of my chocolate Protein cake with Cookies & cream protein ice cream birthday surprise [emoji322]post-284868-14569672782136_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone!

So after surgery I became extremely lactose intolerant ???? I can no longer drink Premier Protein or use gene pro whey Protein. I can't eat cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese of any kind...so basically getting in Protein is getting very difficult because I'm not much of a meat eater. Do you guys have any suggestions? This morning I had one scrambled egg white filled me up but that's only 6 grans of protein. On average, I get maybe 30-40 g of protein a day.

Syntrax fuzzy navel, lemonade. Various flavors...23g of protein...taste like juice.

iamsafe69 surgery 2/8/2016

Just a quick post to share a picture of my chocolate Protein cake with Cookies & cream protein ice cream birthday surprise [emoji322]attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1456967277.054499.jpg

Oh.My.Gosh. *heads off to store for ice cream maker*

Just a quick post to share a picture of my chocolate Protein cake with Cookies & cream Protein ice cream birthday surprise attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1456967277.054499.jpg

Oh.My.Gosh. *heads off to store for ice cream maker*
It was a happy birthday with extra protein!!!

Travel for Work

I left home for a business trip on Thursday and will return home on Sunday. I didn't think of Breakfast, lunch, and dinner with conference settings before hand, which made it very difficult for me.

Meals all 5 course at a table of 10. Water, tea, coffee, salad, dessert, and gourmet main course is NOT all on my "can eat list" 3 weeks post surgery!!!

I sipped on the liquids and took small bites of mashed potatoes, asparagus, carrots, and grilled chicken over the past 4 days. People were okay with me not eating and didn't really comment much, but it was very hard for me to just sit there and play with my phone instead of eating. Mind you I'm not hungry either.

My saving grace was packing 4 Premier Protein shakes I kept in my hotel room fridge. The other thing that was new... No scale to weigh everyday!! I have no clue what all of this did to my body until I get home today... Can't wait!!!

Hi 2/9ers Happy Monday [emoji16] I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.

MXKitty that cake and ice cream looks great, how did you enjoy the Protein Mug Cake?

Positive - congrats on successfully making it through your work trip. It's great that you were able to stick to your plan with all of the temptations that were in front of you. I'm glad that you're excited about your weigh in, I wasn't so happy about mine. I haven't touched a scale in a week and I'm down a whole 3 pounds. I'm glad the scale is moving but I expected more. A friend suggested doing a once per month weigh in so that I don't get so discouraged but I don't think I can do that.

So how's everyone's weight loss and has anyone incorporated exercise that is more than walking? What food stage is everyone on?