Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

I hope you don't mind me sneaking in???? I need advice from my older sleevers!! I was sleeved on 2/18 and doing ok almost getting in all my liquids a day and averaging 80-85grms Protein but I have ZERO energy. I see everyone else walking and starting to do light exercise and I ran to the store for 30mins then slept 5hrs! What the heck!! I feel like I'm tired all the time I sleep about 6-7hrs each night but then also take about a 4hr nap during the day. Should I be worried? I really want to start walking but my body says no way! I had a ton of energy before surgery and would hike with my dogs about 2x a week and so exercise videos I feel like I went backwards instead of forwards.

Are you taking your Vitamins daily? I still find it difficult to get that much Protein in and all my liquids. I notice if I haven't drank enough and get extremely tired.
yes I do

I hope you don't mind me sneaking in???? I need advice from my older sleevers!! I was sleeved on 2/18 and doing ok almost getting in all my liquids a day and averaging 80-85grms Protein but I have ZERO energy. I see everyone else walking and starting to do light exercise and I ran to the store for 30mins then slept 5hrs! What the heck!! I feel like I'm tired all the time I sleep about 6-7hrs each night but then also take about a 4hr nap during the day. Should I be worried? I really want to start walking but my body says no way! I had a ton of energy before surgery and would hike with my dogs about 2x a week and so exercise videos I feel like I went backwards instead of forwards.

Are you taking your Vitamins daily? I still find it difficult to get that much Protein in and all my liquids. I notice if I haven't drank enough and get extremely tired.
yes I do
I believe its totally normal. Im still tired. I went back to work week 3 while fighting upper resp infection. But my energy is still not 100%. Remember you had major surgery. Though our incisions are minor we had a portion of a major organ removed. It wasnt a walk in the park. I am going to assume that by week 6-8, I will start to return to my normal workout routine. Hang in there, each day gets better and you will get stronger.

iamsafe69 surgery 2/8/2016

Happy Sunday 2/9ers hoping everyone had a fabulous weekend. So I had my first hang out night since surgery and I survived. I wasn't tempted to try any food that's not on plan or alcohol I survived and no one payed attention to me not eating much. How's everyone doing? I decided to start weighing on Mondays only because the scale is starting to give me anxiety. My wife asked if I'm looking to lose 50 pounds a day or something lol - that's not it, I'm just impatient (slightly) and want all the weight to melt off as I sleep hahahahha

Slimtrimshel- I am going to look for those Protein shots. It's a great idea and shouldn't be tooooo filling on those days when short on Protein

SuzzyQ- you are definitely getting in more protein than I am but I also take b-12 and my multi Vitamin everyday, which seems to help with energy. I think we all are really tired initially, your body just went through a major shock but I would definitely suggest trying to do some minor walking (even if you don't want to)

TxJP - acid reflux has been an issue for me since starting puréed, it actually has made me do more Protein shakes because of the fear of that feeling. When I called my surgeon they told me to take nexium twice per day in addition to my Protonix and I will pop a few gas x strips. The nexium does take a few days to kick in but it has helped some. I never had acid reflux either but did have a hernia repair so this was definitely not expected. Surgeon says it should go away within a month and the pills will no longer be needed, hopeful

Iamsafe69- congrats on the weight loss and sorry about the respiratory infection. Take it easy and don't over push yourself, you will get back to running sooner than later.

Hello all...I had my surgery on 2/8. It went well. Had to stay in hospital extra day as my bp was really high and nausea and dry heaves was off the chart. By 2/10, i felt great no pain, able to drink about 8ozs. I am now starting week 4 and am down 11lbs. I had lost 50lbs before surgery so Im pretty happy with 61lbs since ive started my journey. I caught an upper resp infection week 2 after surgery, that has slowed me down quite a bit. I cant wait to have the energy to run again. I registered to run my first 5k. Pretty excited about that as well.

I signed up for my first 5k also. It's the color vibe, so not a real (timed) race but a great way to get more active. I'm so excited to start doing the things that barriers (real or perceived) had prevented me from doing for so long. The Mud Run is on my list and zip lining also. Life well lived... Here I come!

Sent from my 6045O using the BariatricPal App

Hello all...I had my surgery on 2/8. It went well. Had to stay in hospital extra day as my bp was really high and nausea and dry heaves was off the chart. By 2/10, i felt great no pain, able to drink about 8ozs. I am now starting week 4 and am down 11lbs. I had lost 50lbs before surgery so Im pretty happy with 61lbs since ive started my journey. I caught an upper resp infection week 2 after surgery, that has slowed me down quite a bit. I cant wait to have the energy to run again. I registered to run my first 5k. Pretty excited about that as well.

I signed up for my first 5k also. It's the color vibe, so not a real (timed) race but a great way to get more active. I'm so excited to start doing the things that barriers (real or perceived) had prevented me from doing for so long. The Mud Run is on my list and zip lining also. Life well lived... Here I come!

I also signed up for a Color Run in May! And mud run and zip lining are also on my to do! Add in adult Disney World and indoor rock climbing! Hope I will be able to check these off my list one by one! Where do you live? I'm in Nashville, TN.

Good Sunday Morning! Feeling good this morning except for the in and out discomfort if my large incision side (left). I called the nurse and was reminded if my side is hurting the first thing to consider is gas and to think if I've had a poop lately. She also suggested hot tea to get things moving in my system. To think of it I have not pooped in several days... I'm now taking Miralax and hot tea to help with both.

I'm also spooked by the thought of sagging skin. I spoke with the nurse about that too and she reminded me of weight lifting versus cardio. She said fast weight loss will result in sagging skin as the skin does not have time to adjust. Weight lifting will help. She said light weights 4 reps of 12 for arms, legs, back. No abs, planks, or push ups as it uses the core too much.

All the info helped me today. Hope it helps others who need it too! Wishing everyone much success as we get closer to week 4. Weight check in on Tuesday Morning for us!!!

Edited by Positive44

I also signed up for a Color Run in May! And mud run and zip lining are also on my to do! Add in adult Disney World and indoor rock climbing! Hope I will be able to check these off my list one by one! Where do you live? I'm in Nashville, TN.
Very cool! *adds rock climbing to my list.

I'm in sunny Daytona Beach, Florida.

Hi everyone. I'm wrapping up week 3 soon and this week I just started experiencing acid reflux which I have never before. I find myself popping tums several times per day. Anyone experiencing the same? I knew this was anticipated. I bought nexium before surgery but didn't realize it was time released. I thought I was lucky since I hadn't experienced any acid reflux... :(

Also, since I sleep with a cpap machine I just started having trouble sleeping since the back of my throat is not closing like it should. My mouth gets extremely dry.

Had the same issue with the cpap bought attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1456651340.132311.jpg and they work!
Thanks!

Eating lunch At Work...

So I never told anyone I had surgery at work, which I'm still happy about. My secretary goes to get lunch. I begin to sip my Soup and of course that lasted for 30 seconds and lunch was over for me. I tried to compensate by nibbling, but of course I was way too full. I took breaks, sipped Water and all that and nothing worked to eat more food.

One of my co-workers noticed and said, "I'm so proud of u for pushing the plate back." She saved the day!!! Focus totally off of me and my day is back on tract.

I must figure out something to do during lunch rather than eat. That is going NOWHERE fast. Any suggestions???

Eating lunch At Work...

So I never told anyone I had surgery at work, which I'm still happy about. My secretary goes to get lunch. I begin to sip my Soup and of course that lasted for 30 seconds and lunch was over for me. I tried to compensate by nibbling, but of course I was way too full. I took breaks, sipped Water and all that and nothing worked to eat more food.

One of my co-workers noticed and said, "I'm so proud of u for pushing the plate back." She saved the day!!! Focus totally off of me and my day is back on tract.

I must figure out something to do during lunch rather than eat. That is going NOWHERE fast. Any suggestions???

Does your job have fitness center? Or u can go for walk.

Iamsafe69 yes for both. Thanks for the ideas. Tomorrow I will walk, but no way I will be able to truly eat with my team like I have in the past. I think it all just hit me that I will never finish a burger again or eat all of anything from a restaurant. It's real and I see that now. Still no regrets!

I was sleeved on 2/8, so exactly 2 weeks ago. I am pretty much on a regular diet, with the exception of lettuce. I am a little scared to try roughage just yet. Is anyone else on a regular diet this soon? I am tolerating everything just fine. The only thing that upset my tummy a little was the fairlife chocolate milk I tried and some sirachi (however you spell it...lol) that was on some sushi I ate.

i can't wait to to have salad again. I am on soft diet.

Positive - I usually try to have a shake or a Greek yogurt. No one questions it because it just seems like I am watching what I'm eating. I think you will be able to eat with your team in the future. Once we have our food and Protein under control, I think it will become easier.

New day - I am missing salads also. I miss making my yummy homemade salad dressings but sooner than later we will be on salads again

I have not been on the forum much since surgery. Glad to see so many doing geeat! I had my surgery on 2/8 and I am down 31 pds! My struggle right now is I want a salad, I miss chewing! I just started on soft spot. Ricotta bake is my best friend for the last 2 days..lol I went back to work at 2 weeks. I am still tired alot. The Vitamins are yuck, yuck yuck - but needed , so consumed.

Iamsafe69 yes for both. Thanks for the ideas. Tomorrow I will walk, but no way I will be able to truly eat with my team like I have in the past. I think it all just hit me that I will never finish a burger again or eat all of anything from a restaurant. It's real and I see that now. Still no regrets!

I am going to order from kids menu when im ready to venture to restaurants. Went to movies for first time since surgery. Nothing to snack on.. but then realized i could have a hot herbal tea and that brought comfort. I'm starting to realize that the choices I made before werent the best, but this is now my opportunity to live the best life ever.