Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early 2016 - what are you streaming on netflix, amazon etc?

Oh and Bones! (Netflix, 10 seasons, think it's still airing). A forensic anthropologist and her lab team up with an FBI agent to catch bad guys.

Nurse Jackie!

@@CowgirlJane, @@Babbs - So I just spent 10 hours of my life over the past 3 days watching Making a Murderer... lol. Wow, I don't know if anyone else followed the West Memphis 3, but it's an eerily similar case. With the WM3, essentially a young, mentally questionable teen confessed after hours of interrogation after being handfeed details by the interrogators when the details he offered did not match the evidence. I followed the WM3 case after seeing the HBO documentaries years ago. The WM3 eventually were released after 20 years or so via an alford plea (pled guilty, but maintained their innocence) when the case was going to be retried due to DNA evidence.

After spending quite a bit of time watching the WM3 documentaries and reading through some of the case files on the internet, I still don't know what happened. The three guys convicted might have done it. What I do know is the police screwed up the case so badly, the three never should have been convicted.

Likewise in this case... Steve and Brendan may very well have done it. My mind is naturally scientific, and I'm a believer in Occams Razor... the simplest explanation is often the correct one. In this case the simpliest explanation is likely Steve did it, but that doesn't mean it is correct. The preponderance of evidence has to prove it, and thanks to way the case was handled from the beginning, you essentially have small town police letting their egos trump common sense, thereby tainting all of the evidence presented. It blows my mind that state officials would let those local county law enforcement officers be so heavily involved in the investigation when so many of them were just deposed in a major civil suit and had played such an important role in the unjust conviction of the man that was their primary suspect. I'm baffled by all of that.

Lets say Steve did do it... what drove him to commit such a heinous act? I would think spending 18 years falsely imprisoned would drive even the sanest person to the brink of insanity... never mind someone who was already shown to be a little off and intellectually slow. The saddest part of all of this was that no official ever answered for that false conviction that very well could have been the start that led to this murder. I have many friends and family members in law enforcement, so I'm not anti-police by any means... and Steve definitely is responsible for his own actions if he committed this murder... however, I do believe the county law enforcement is partially responsible for the pain and suffering inflicted on the two families, the Halbach's and the Avery's.

Thanks so much Cowgirl Jane for bringing this thread to my attention!

I loved Californication on Netflix. It's about an author and his gf/wife and their daughter. He's kind of a manwhore.

I also loved Parenthood which is about a family of 4 adult children, their parents and their kids.

I loved Nurse Jackie too.

Meet the Patels is a very funny movie. It's even funnier if you have friends born in India or have parents born there. I have a friend who is married to an Indian and they go to India twice a year, and her inlaws come from India and stay 6 weeks once a year. I could really relate to the move from knowing these people.

I just heard that the Stephen King book 11/22/63 is a new tv show on Hulu. I highly recommend the book and am really curious about the show. I think it starts in February.

@@goblue9280 I am familiar with the WM 3 and as i recall the evidence was very sketchy.

I think there are two really important things here. A woman was murdered and her assailants should be punished. And presumably other lives are saved in the future with the bad guys locked up. Steven Avery MIGHT very well be guilty and his nephew Brandon was just gullible enough he might have been manipulated into helping. The problem is, when the investigation is conducted the way it was you really don't know. SA struck me as someone capable of doing this,, but fans, why didn't he crush her car - he had plenty of time.

. I don't believe Brendon is guilty, much of my belief is because of the phone calls with his mother that neither knew was recorded. She punched holes in his story that he couldn't explain except by saying stuff like "I dunno, you know I am dumb" because he couldn't make sense of his own story/timeline either. I fear that actual murderers are still free.

The second issue is all of us have a right to a fair trial. Even if the investigators were right, the fact that Brendon s council didn't mount an effective defense but was essentially conspiring with the prosecution makes me feel he didn't get a fair trial.I think the prosecution did many inappropriate things, and essentially convicted them both via the media before their trials so the jury pool was quite tainted. It frightens me that this could happen in modeen America and we should all be upset even if we think SA is guilty.

what are you streaming on netflix, Amazon etc?

@@CowgirlJane et al

i have trouble navigating on netflix, finding all the shows they have

i have a few in my favorites

then they suggest a few more i might like

i will find an actor (Al Pacino)

or drama, action, comedy

put in name of person - they will show his movies

but what if i want to see someone that i can't think of his name

i would still be interested in the movie

i know it shows/says drama, comedy etc

but again if i don't know a name how can i look it up?? :wacko:

but i don't know all that's out there

i don't know what i want them to look up since i don't know a movie or tv show i want to watch

its like going to the dictionary to look up spelling of a word

sometimes you can't find it since you don't know how to spell it

the suggestion of Jackie as a show that i would/could watch, along with parenthood

haven't watch season 3 of orange is the new black yet

some of the shows that have been mentioned i will look into watching

if you want to help a fellow sleever out

raise your left hand

if you don't want to help :(

raise your right hand

if you are not sure

raise both hands!!

thanx buds

you are allll aces

but you knew that!! :rolleyes:

kathy

@@proudgrammy everybody has trouble navigating netflix!

Sometimes I Google "best netflix comedy " and sites come of people who seem to know how to dig around. The lists are updated constantly since netflix rotates it's streaming stock.

I am totally caught up on Nurse Jackie and Orange is the New Black, both very good. There is a British version (probably the original! )of Orange but it was too depressing somehow.

I am watching the pilot episode of "100" and not sure I am getting into it. I used to be a big Sci fi and distophia fan, but for some reason I don't gravitate to them. Man in The High Castle is a very good distophia tale (allies lose WWII, how different the world is) but I can only take small doses. ...

everybody has trouble navigating netflix!

@@CowgirlJane

wow - i'm soooo relieved that i'm not the only one

accidentally took a dummy pill instead of my Vitamins :wacko:

that's why i sometimes don't understand life in general

i'll keep working on finding different shows

i only have netflex - do you have/anyone else have other stuff like showtime, hulu etc

too much for me to handle, different places to go, shows to watch

i would then have to live in front of the tv!!! pillow and all!!

plus, sit in front of the tube is a BIG trigger for me!!

luv luv Law and Order Special Victims Unit

they only have 4 seasons though

i think the show has been on 20 seasons!!!!

i also tape old episodes on our channel 31 and 4

kindof addicted!!! reallllly

gonna go check netflex out now

kidding

thanx for the info

kathy

I love FRINGE. I had some intense dental surgery Friday afternoon (eight tooth extractions, four implants, two bone graphs, 55 stitches) and finished the last two seasons this weekend while taking it easy on my couch. It's funny that I never had one second of regret after my sleeve surgery, but am filled with regret about this dental surgical procedure.

BLACK MIRROR also has a new season out on Netflix. If you like X-Files or Twilight Zone, don't miss this show.

I love Royal Pains on Netflix. It is a very nice show with very likable characters.

Netflix - I just watched a mini-series called North and South this weekend. It's a Jane Austen-like story about England in the Industrial Revolution but also a GREAT love story. I could not stop watching it. The lead guy is the same guy that plays Thorin in the Hobbit movies and he is hot, hot hot in this!! Very smoldering and intense :D

On that same note, they have also added the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice, which is one of my favorite movies- I watch whenever I see it's on.

On the not-historical-drama/romance side, I tried out Jane the Virgn and it's great! Quite funny and tongue in cheek. Oh, I also like watching New Girl re-runs just because I love the show.

Edited by Eric@@ash

I am more than a little of an Anglophile so I have been watching my share of BBC murder mysteries and then movies/shows with people with British accents!

Amazon Prime - Luther (Idris Elba)

Fortitude (Stanely Tucci)

Vikings

Northmen

STARZ - Black Sails

Outlander

Then for some reason I have been watching lots of ROMCOMs. I usually prefer action movies, but lately the eye candy has been winning. Of course, that applies to almost all the shows I've been watching lately! :)

pam

@@mngreeneyes romcom=romantic comedy?

I watch alot of British originated shows. There was only one season of a detective show called River I liked. Last Tanto in Halifax about the lovers reunited as seniors, although I got bored with it.

Thanks for this thread!

On Amazon - rewatching Big Love from the beginning, Schitts Creek, VEEP and Hung.

On Netfix. - how to get away with murder and still watching making of a murderer.

I try to only watch these when I workout.