Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early 2016 - what are you streaming on netflix, amazon etc?

I ask that you mention which service you watched it on and say a sentence or two about it!

Ripper Street - Netflix, set in White Chapel right after the reign of terror of Jack the Ripper. the central characters are detectives working in a fairly troubled police station where the people don't really trust them. And the women from a Brothel are major supporting characters, but in ways you wouldn't entirely predict.

Grizzly Man - Amazon prime. Documentary about Tim Treadwell who was obsessed with grizzlies.

Making of a Murderer - netflix documentary 8 part series about alot of bad behaving people that everyone has heard about. By the end you don't know what to believe but I feel very strongly that the low IQ 16 year old boy with the crooked attorney did NOT get a fair trial. I actually have a theory about what happened. .but not sure the truth will ever come out.

Jessica Jones- netflix, super-powered PI on a mission to take down a super-powered villian (played so evilly by the dashing David Tennant). Excellent series!

Daredevil- netflix (I'm not watching now, eagerly awaiting season 2). Blind, super-powered attorney who fights evil both in and out of the courts. I was not a fan of the comics or movie but this series is fantastic- well written, well acted, engaging story for superhero fans and non-superhero fans.

I've watched Jessica Jones....I havent scarfed up all the episodes yet!

I have also been watching the Following on Netflix. It's hard to recommend because you must really suspend disbelief that a serial killer organizes a very highly skilled team of...serial killers (who are typically loners)...into basically a cult. They all like killing people, but the leader convinces them that dying is good too. He basically destroys everyone around him, so you would think his followers would realize how disposable they all are. The hero is an ex FBI agent played by Kevin Bacon that I cant help but like....but it seems strange that he NEVER gets in trouble for assassinating all these bad guys, given that he isn't even a cop anymore. But, if you can "jump the shark"about 20 times an episode ,it is action packed and full of twists.

Making a Murderer. Binge watched the first week of January. Grrrrr! Made me ANGRY!

If you were raised in the 70's* and like adult cartoon type shows, then check out Bill Burr's "F is for Family". My hubby and I accidently came upon it on Netflix, and watched all 10 (?) episodes of season 1. Hilarious! Can't wait for season 2!

* I say raised in the 70's because I think those of us who were can only truly appreciate the references about growing up in that decade.

@@CowgirlJane

Oooo I wanna hear your theory about Making a Murderer!

If you haven't watched Sense8 on Netflix yet, I would strongly suggest you give it a try! It's a visually beautiful show about 8 strangers who are mysteriously connected to each other - they can feel and see anything that the other can see. It's a really profound story all about how disconnected we humans have become from one another and how much would change if we could feel the pains and joys of others. Amazing show.

Recently watched Master of None... it's a netflix original series that just recently came out. Created/written by and starring Aziz Ansari (Indian guy from Parks and Rec.) It's hilarious and smart. I've heard it described as Louie for millennials, and that's pretty accurate... so if you like Louie, Seinfeld or Aziz, I think you'll love the show.

SPOILER ALERT

I watched it several weeks ago and went through many scenarios. What I do know is the evidence does not match the confession they coerced out of that boy (Brendon?). It is possible that Steven Avery did murder her, but so much evidence was"suspect" that it is hard to really know. What I think is more likely that happened is that the cops believed he did it so planted evidence to ensure a conviction. I think the real murderers took advantage of the police bias against SA and the mentally slow kid and essentially helped with the "framing" by providing each other with an alibi. Remember Brendons older brother (can't remember his name!) and some other relative named Scott, gave each other an alibi by "driving past each other" both of them going hunting? I think they were involved. I think they did it.

The only person I thought was believable regarding the timeline was that school bus driver who saw the victim there at a very specific timeframe, but it didn't match the police timeline. None of Brendan s story made sense..like he helped torture and rape this poor woman, came home for awhile and played video games (several witnesses knew he was home) and then just wandered back to finish the murder? You could tell he was just trying to figure out what they wanted him to say so he could get back to 6th period.

There are lots of crazy ideas floating around, and I am not one that would sign a petition to release SA, because he MIGHT have been involved, but it didn't happen the way the case laid it out. How could they have stabbed her in the stomach and cut her throat in that mobile home and there not be a drop of blood evidence? That was NOT a clean bedroom.

The part that made my blood boil was the way that kid Brendon (and his mother who was also poorly educated and didn't strike me as super bright) were completely railroaded and taken advantage of and his attorney was in kahoots with it all!! That portion of the story made me lose some faith in our justice system. Essentially if you are poor, uneducated and have a lousy attorney, you are up shit creek without a paddle.

@@CowgirlJaneOooo I wanna hear your theory about Making a Murderer!

That one is on my watch list, I will check it out!

If you haven't watched Sense8 on Netflix yet, I would strongly suggest you give it a try! It's a visually beautiful show about 8 strangers who are mysteriously connected to each other - they can feel and see anything that the other can see. It's a really profound story all about how disconnected we humans have become from one another and how much would change if we could feel the pains and joys of others. Amazing show.

Making of a Murderer - netflix documentary 8 part series about alot of bad behaving people that everyone has heard about. By the end you don't know what to believe but I feel very strongly that the low IQ 16 year old boy with the crooked attorney did NOT get a fair trial. I actually have a theory about what happened. .but not sure the truth will ever come out.

I think that poor boy got shafted... I actually watched this while recovering from surgery. I say in the recliner with my ipad and watched away...

The part that made my blood boil was the way that kid Brendon (and his mother who was also poorly educated and didn't strike me as super bright) were completely railroaded and taken advantage of and his attorney was in kahoots with it all!! That portion of the story made me lose some faith in our justice system. Essentially if you are poor, uneducated and have a lousy attorney, you are up **** creek without a paddle.

@@CowgirlJaneOooo I wanna hear your theory about Making a Murderer!

I have to agree with you here... This really irked me. He got screwed in so many ways...

@@Oregondaisy I know you are sometimes looking for netflix recommendationa.

An unfinished life -Amazon. This is a Robert Redford movie about an old man who suddenly has his DIL reappear - the woman he blamed for his sons death. It's a good movie.

The man in the High castle - Amazon - imagine what our country would be like if the allies had list WWII and the USA was occupied.

Just finished the first season of the 100 on Netflix. I didn't realize they only had the first season!! ???????? I was ready to complete my binge ????

But it's really good, not sure why I waited so long to watch it. I

Just finished the first season of the 100 on Netflix. I didn't realize they only had the first season!! ???????? I was ready to complete my binge ????

But it's really good, not sure why I waited so long to watch it. I

Season 2 is available on Netflix streaming... Love that show

Nurse Jackie (7 seasons - complete series) is on Netflix. It's about an ER nurse in NYC who is addicted to pills and leads a kind of double life.

New Girl (4 seasons - still airing) is also on Netflix. Sitcom about 3 guys and a girl sharing an apartment. Very funny and quirky.