Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't think just move and you will done before you know it!

I am super excited for you my friend!???? I can't want to get your text tomorrow!!! Wonder if we will be spending half the night texting again to keep away your gitters! Lol. You so got this!!!????????????????. Let's Do This!!!

Haha! Thank you!!! I'm going to sleep early tonight! Have to hit the road early to San Francisco at 4:30am. I'll definitely keep you posted!

Don't think just move and you will done before you know it!

Thanks MsDiggs!!! Yeah I'm doing so many things today to keep busy!!!! I don't want to obsess over it anymore than I have lol!

So how did everything go ...?

Everything went well. Here's an update:

Day 1 - got to hospital at 7:30 and got registered and changed. Was provided a hanging garment bag for my fancy clothes (hoodie and jeans lol). Then was walked over to talk to the anesthesiologist who asked some questions. After about 10 minutes I said goodbye to my husband and I went into surgery.

About 5 minutes before it was about to happen I was told I would be intubated. I didn't realize I had to be so yeah...

I woke up, went to recovery and was there for a couple of hours. When my room was assigned hubby was there setting up my iPhone and tablet chargers. He was upset with them for not letting me come back from recovery sooner but they didn't have rooms. It was cool to see him standing up for me while I was so out of it.

I needed to use the restroom immediately so I did and they had this "hat" thing that is in the toilet to measure your output. I guess it's really important because apparently my neighbor wasn't going at all so they had to insert a catheter in the middle of the night for her.

Anyways, I couldn't talk for real because when I was intubated my throat was scraped really bad so I just wanted my meds and wanted to sleep. Hubby left and the nurses took really good care of me. I had pain meds consistently. No tablets - they were all shot through my IV. The one tablet they did give me was Levsin which is for spasms in the abdomen and it dissolves under your tongue. It really helps so ask for it! :)

Day 2

Doc came in early with his assistant Julie and he asked if I wanted to stay a day longer and I said yeah. He said good because his patients who stay two nights at least never wind up in the ER. I was on IV the entire time except for when I wanted to walk; I had them disconnect it. He ordered a throat lozenge for my throat and had them up my pain meds. He also clarified that I was having a little discomfort swallowing because he had to put two stitches in my diaphragm because he had found a hiatal hernia. He said it would be better once it wasn't swollen anymore. He left. The nurses were great. They had ordered my clear bariatric Breakfast tray and gave me shot cups for the Protein shake. The Protein drinks used were by health wise and had 15g of Protein in one. They were so fruity and good - not chalky at all so my hubby ordered some for me for home. (Since they're not going to get here till Tuesday he went to a local medical weight loss clinic and got me 8 of them to tide me over). Anyway, I had to sip the protein and Water and that's all I did for the most part. I slept and walked. Hubby came back by and brought my house shoes, my Fitbit and two comfy pillows off my bed. He hung around for a while. I passed out a couple of times. Dr. Jossart came back and gave me the script for my meds (Ativan and Percocet) and told me not to worry if i was 15lbs heavier when I got home because I had been on the IV the whole time and with that I might gain Water weight staying another night. He left, after a while hubby left and then it was just me. As soon as I got my second shake down I was ready to go to bed. That's 30g of protein. Maybe 20 ounces of water. Thank God for the IV.

Day 3

Woke up. Feeling the best I ever have. Was actually awake when they brought my tray and the broth was still hot so I ate half of that - went down faster than water had been. Also drank half a cup of black orange pekoe tea. That went down well too! So now I know hot things go down well for me!

Julie came in and discharged me. Hubby texted he was on his way. I cleaned up, did my hair and packed up all my stuff. I had requested a fan bc my room was a little hot so when I left I had it sent over to my neighbor Mary. She was really happy to get it bc she had been warm too. I sat in the wheelchair and asked for the last pain meds for the road - they shot Toradol, meds to settle my stomach and the last of my Vitamins in my IV. I mixed up an orange pineapple shake for the road and then we left.

Made it home. Immediately weighed myself for a baseline. I was 1 lb less than when I left the house. So much for gaining 15 lbs lol!

Hubby helped me get in bed, he brought me water and was ready with shakes and Popsicles but I was good. I did drink a 30g protein premier chocolate shake that evening though. So I had a total of 45g and about 35 or so oz of Fluid. Almost at goal. Best I could do.

Went to bed and slept like an angel.

Day 4

Woke up. Feeling fine. No more bad soreness. Throat is still sore though. Got on the scale. Down another 3.6lbs! I had acquired one of those fruity shakes from the hospital so I immediately had it for Breakfast.

lunch - 4oz chicken broth and a sf Popsicle.

dinner - premier Protein Shake.

Water. Right now I'm at 16oz of water for a total of 44oz of Fluid. Trying to drink maybe 4 more.

Overall, I feel fine. No pain at all in my incisions. Haven't tried lifting anything and won't be trying to until I'm cleared. Hernia repair is there - can feel when I drink like its funneling things through but it lasts for like 2 seconds. The Levsin helps reduce those spasms though.

All is well! Tomorrow I will try harder to actually hit my protein and liquid goals.

Edited by prettyCali916

Day 5. Finally have the strength to shower. Feeling really good. Hopped on the scale. Down 7lbs from day of surgery weight!

Feeling great.

Got more Water in yesterday. I'll try to hit my targets all around. I'm supposed to get 32 - 60 ounces of Fluid and I'm hitting that each day but on the low side; I want to be closer to 60. And 50 to 70g of Protein - which I'm not getting since I only drink a 15g drink and a 30g drink, but I'm close! Once my throat heals better I'm sure I'll be better able to get it in.

Thanks Mz. W!

Today for lunch I actually drank 6oz of broth. It was over the span of about 15 minutes. My dietician called to check in afterwards and I mentioned it and she said the fluids can't stretch. She said not to worry - fluids can't wreck my sleeve. :) well unless they're being consumed with food or carbonated. So excited to know that!!! I love having her on my speed dial! :)

Congratulation on everything your doing a great job

Ioving your updates!!! Glad all is going well.