Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank y'all so much! I hope it's motivating and it helps to share - keeps me accountable! :)

A little nausea this evening - I think I just got too hot under my heated blanket. I had been prescribed reglan for nausea so I took one and it went away. Other than that, doing great! Still at 45g of Protein for now. liquids totaled 50 oz across the board with 23 coming from Water. I love my water bottle - it is a godsend now that I have to legit keep up with my Water intake!attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1454740516.314403.jpg

About to call it a night and get some sleep!

Thanks again for all your support!!! :-)

Thank-you for sharing your experience. Your updates are great and I'm so happy you are feeling well!!! I absolutely love your water bottle...do you know where your husband purchased it?

Aw thanks! Glad to share!

Yes, it's by Thermos called the Thermos Smart Lid and he purchased it from Amazon. It's probably carried at large sporting food stores that carry Thermos products as well!!! :)

Thanks so much...I'm definitely ordering one!!!

@@prettyCali916 thank you so so much for the info on your own experience I will be sleeved February 24th 2016 and I have enjoyed reading you journey I hope you keep progressing well like you are and how I hope and wish I have a similar experience since it sounds like you've had a pretty smooth recovery ????

@@prettyCali916 thank you so so much for the info on your own experience I will be sleeved February 24th 2016 and I have enjoyed reading you journey I hope you keep progressing well like you are and how I hope and wish I have a similar experience since it sounds like you've had a pretty smooth recovery ????

Aw! Thanks newMe!!!! Good luck on your surgery and I hope your journey is super successful!!!! Thanks for the kind words! I'm happy to share and provide whatever insight I can to anyone who needs it!!! I'll look out for your updates which should be coming real soon, the 24th is right around the corner!!! Congratulations!!

Update for today:

I woke up and the pain from the intubation tube in my throat from surgery has pretty much gone away. On a scale of 1 to10, I'd say the pain is 0.5 which is good! It's almost more like an annoying irritated throat than anything. So that took about 7 days to heal.

On another note, got on the scale at the same time I do each day and down to 271.6. I might hit the 260's tomorrow! I was 266 when I found out I was pregnant with my sweet little girl so that would be amazing if I could hit that goal during this week!!!!

Just a running log of my weigh-ins so far:

2/1 (day of surgery) - 283.6

2/2 at hospital, didn't weigh

2/3 home from hospital - 282.6 (big shock)

2/4 - 279.2

2/5 - 276.6

2/6 - 274.6

2/7 - 271.6

Just looking at it like this is shocking! Praying I keep doing what I need to do to keep being successful!

Plan for today:

*Drink 15g Protein drink for Breakfast

*Drink broth (4-6oz) for lunch

*Drink Premier Protein 30g for dinner

*Potentially work in a sf Jello cup again. It didn't go down too well last night so I'll try again.

*Also, I have this Syntrax nectar tasteless Protein powder that I might experiment with in my broth. Idk. I'll let you know how that goes!

I need to stay rested since I go back to work tomorrow. All the achiness in my legs and arms is gone, no gas pains at all (thanks to gasX strips and laying on my left side - i remembered that from my Csection). I have a doctors note that has me out till the 12th but I will only use it if necessary. As far as my employer knows, I asked for 5 days off and it was approved. That's all I wanted them to know. I feel like if I had gone the medical route then everyone would know my personal business which is not what I want. So hoping for a smooth day back at work mañana! I'm actually looking forward to it! :)

And how about something random - I'm craving lumpia!!!! I just wrote it on the running list of things to try when I make goal! :)

Edited by prettyCali916

You are doing phenomenal!!! I pray my journey is as smooth as yours, thus far. I am still waiting for insurance approval.. but in the meantime, my nurse already scheduled my sleeve care class. That is bright and early tomorrow. ????

:-) thanks for the kind words and support! I hope yours is successful too!!!! Have fun in your sleeve care class! You should get a wealth of information! I hope to hear you have an approval and a date really soon!!!!! :)

Edited by prettyCali916

:-) thanks for the kind words and support! I hope yours issuer successful too!!!! Have fun in your sleeve care class! You should get a wealth of information! I hope to hear you have an approval and a date really soon!!!!! :)[/quote

Thanks! I started my first Chanel on YouTube to document my journey if you like to join me search me as "Esmi C" or "My Own VDG experience 2016" thanks

Day 7!!!! Woo hoo! Update:

Well, I went to work today! It was a little hard getting there (I got really tired and lightheaded) but as soon as I started sipping one of the health wise Protein drinks and I got to my desk, I was all good. Had a really great day!

Went to see my surgeon for my follow up because he's about to be out of town for two weeks. All my incisions look great! He's very pleased! Additionally, on his scale I'm down 20 pounds since my consult on 1/7/16 which is awesome!!!! He said I should expect to lose 21lbs in my first 21 days so I'm expecting more!!!!!

Weigh-in this morning had me at 270.2 so I'm sure I'll be in the 260's tomorrow!!!! Shaooooo!!!! Lol!

Anyways, 15g Protein Drink for Breakfast, 15g Protein Drink for lunch and 30g Protein drink for dinner so I hit all my protein today!!!!! First time ever!!!! That's 27oz of Fluid right there so I just need to finish off my 20oz bottle before I go to sleep and I'll be at 47oz of Fluid and that's fine by me!

I'm so excited to be going through this journey and I appreciate all the support I have on here from everyone who comments on this thread to my feb 1st sisters to others who have kept in touch all the way! Just really happy and feeling the love!

Praying that everyone who has an upcoming surgery has a successful one. May God bless your surgeon's hands and your bodies so that you have a smooth procedure and a speedy recovery! Amen.

Awesome work!! I'm mentally prepping myself for this pre-op diet that begins Thursday. 2 weeks (eek) but I know I can do it. Going to rack up on Protein Drinks tomorrow and have my food funeral ????. Thanks for all of the wonderful updates!

Awesome work!! I'm mentally prepping myself for this pre-op diet that begins Thursday. 2 weeks (eek) but I know I can do it. Going to rack up on Protein drinks tomorrow and have my food funeral ????. Thanks for all of the wonderful updates!

No problem and thanks for reading them!!! :)

You got this! Just think about how amazing you will feel on the other side. It's almost here, you have to do your part then pass the ball to the surgeon and then it's back to you. You have prepared for this. You have invested your time and money into this. You will be awesome! :)

And at anytime you feel like there's a food you will miss, write it down on a piece of paper - make it the "Foods I'm Gonna Try When I Get to Goal" list. Chances are, you won't even want them but for me, just seeing them on the list makes me realize they're not gone forever just until they can no longer hurt me lol. Excited for you!

Looks like everything is going very good for you... Exciting!! My pre.op diet starts Monday... I'm so looking forward to this journey.., keep your updates coming I look forward to them daily!!

@@bsanders thanks! Good luck!!!! I hope everything goes well for you. You ready for the diet?

Oh my gosh... I'm think the pre op diet is gonna kick my butt!! I'll do it tho..