Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As we go into the New Year, a lot of us are making resolutions for 2016. We have hopes and dreams, and a few expectations based on reality, too! So, what do you see for yourself in the coming year of 2016? Do you see yourself getting weight loss surgery? Maybe hitting goal weight? Maybe accomplishing a few fitness goals?

And in the non-weight loss and non-health arena, what do you see in 2016? Maybe some new career opportunities? Family relationships growing stronger?

In my year, I see a few pounds coming off to get back to goal weight, and maybe increasing my running once winter ends and it’s a lot more pleasant to get back on the streets. I see leading a busy year for BariatricPal and following a lot of your successes!

What’s in your future in 2016?

Hmmm.. Can't say I've given this much thought.

I'm 8 months post op RNY. My only hope for 2016 is to forge forward with the same zeal and enthusiasm as I did in 2015. I have mini goals set, but no specific timelines to meet them in.

Fitness wise, I want to increase my workouts by 15 minutes. I'll continue doing the routine I've grown to love, but would like to add a warm weather activity. (Biking?)

In life, I am working on exercising a bit more patience with my younger son. He wants instant gratification in everything he does, and it drives me crazy he won't listen when we say ' practice, keep at and you'll get there'.

Also, still waiting with baited breath for my hubby to choose to work on his health.

For the first time in my life, I don't feel a forboding sense of urgency about my health and weight. I'm still significantly overweight but 2015 saw such huge improvements to my health, both physically and mentally, that my only goals as of now are to keep moving forward, and keep up this new trend of actually taking care of myself. Everything else can just come as it will. :D

Hitting goal, arm lift (hopefully) and a new job (God willing since I got laid off last week). I agree with @@Cervidae that it is interesting going in to this new year without the constant old promises of weight loss that I would break.

I plan to have lost at least the first 100 lbs of my goal during 2016. Other than that I plan to move on to the next phase of my professional career and finalize a professional certification I've been putting off for....a multitude of reasons.

My weight has held me back from so many things; no more. Time to actually move forward and get things done I've been putting off for too long.

@@jj7481 I am in the same boat it is time for me to forge ahead as this is going to be my Sweet '16 year. I have not made a new years resolution in years and feel this is the year for me to begin again with 2015 allowing me to have a new lease on life physically. My plan is to start with a new weight training success STOP WITH PROCRASTINATION!

Also I have been now looking to start with a new career and getting my resume out so that I can go back to work,(laid off since winter of 2013). And looking to get involved in other business aspects.

I no longer have weight as a crutch Thank God, anymore.

I do feel life again :D

Taking care of myself sometimes ahead of other people for the first time in my life.

Stressing myself out over other people's actions (or lack of) only helps contribute to my stress eating (which I am getting better at not doing; old habits die slowly).

I am not talking about being self-centered or a narcissist, but I don't always have to be the one who's efforts goes well above and beyond when others are doing what is most convenient for them, don't want to inconvenience themselves, don't put in their fair effort share, or their lack of planning.

Taking care of myself sometimes ahead of other people for the first time in my life.

Stressing myself out over other people's actions (or lack of) only helps contribute to my stress eating (which I am getting better at not doing; old habits die slowly).

I am not talking about being self-centered or a narcissist, but I don't always have to be the one who's efforts goes well above and beyond when others are doing what is most convenient for them, don't want to inconvenience themselves, don't put in their fair effort share, or their lack of planning.

This is me to a T too.

I'm only 22 pounds from goal so my resolve is first to reach that as my number one goal. Then around my first surgiversary (07/29/16), I hope to start the process towards breast surgery (either a reduction or lift, or some sort of combo, not sure which). I've been large breasted since puberty and I've dreamed all my life of having normal sized ones. They are killer on the back and at nearly 55 I'm ready to trade them in for a new lighter pair.

I'll finally be in sync with my two older sisters who are both thin and small in the chest. I used to pretend I was adopted as a child, trying to understand why I was always so different.

I love these!

There are so many things here that I love! I love that so many of you see GOAL WEIGHT in your 2016 future! What I think I love most of all is that so many of you see yourself doing things that wouldn’t be possible before WLS – that now weight is not such a barrier to life. You can look for a job and plan to do things without worrying about weight holding you back, or about developing horrible health problems, for that matter!

Thanks for sharing your goals, and good luck achieving them! I hope you keep sharing throughout the year as great things happen to you.

To laugh a lot, to let go of the petty, and praise the small victories.

With being just two months out from surgery this very day, my goal is to maximize my weight loss by continued focus on increasing exercise and activity. To track and get all the recommended Protein and liquid everyday, and to accept that if I don't there is always tomorrow.

Oh and in 2016, I plan to show a little skin. I am the founding member of messy hair don't care and sweat pants club. But I vow to put on a little make up every now and then, get pedicures, and eyebrows threaded, put on a nice outfit that does not cover up my entire body and commence to strut. Hell I may even throw in the heels. ;-)

@ My feelings exactly (for myself) lol

I would like to hit goal weight, but I'm not going to decide success or failure based on that number.

Goal - More time being present, less time hiding in my bedroom reading. I have missed enough of my 9-year-old's life due to selfish behaviors. Also my step-son is graduating HS this year so we have to get ready for graduation.

Goal - Physical fitness: Just started a 10-week kickboxing boot camp. Two days down :)

I have many want-to-do goals, but I want to focus on these two for now.

Happy 2016!

My goals for 2016 is to get to onderland by new years and to start a physical fitness routine