Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello to all,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Omar I'm 34 years old from NY. I was sleeved on 10/26/2015 and so far it's been a very interesting journey. When I first started the process in January I was 175lbs with with Diabetes and hypertension. With the help of my PCP and surgeon after initial visit I lost around 10lbs and after starting the pre-surgery diet I lost around an extra 19-20lbs, my surgeon put me on the pre-surgery diet a month in advance.

I'm now 6 weeks post-op and doing amazing, currently I'm 224lbs went from a size 44 to a 38 and already fitting me loose. My PCP already took me off one the meds for diabetes and probably next week taking me another. Blood pressure is very well controlled, lately it's been not more than 110/68 and glucose levels range between 94 and 104.

I wish I had known about this forum earlier that way I wouldn't have to figure things out on my own though I always asked my PCP or surgeon but it's not the same hearing it from them than people that actually went through it.

Congratulations on the surgery and seems like you have found the right place. Lots of good people here with plenty of advice and experience.

Welcome and Enjoy :)

Welcome aboard. Just keep in mind that opinions and tact will vary, but we mean well.

@@omerbasa2807 Welcome! This is a wonderful group of compassionate, funny, and often brutally honest individuals. I love checking in here each day to see how others are doing and offer help if I can.

Sounds like you are off to a great start ... Best of luck for continued success!!!

Hello my name is Kevin. I am one week post off from the gastric sleeve. When I started the program at Swedish hospital in Seattle Washington, I was 350 pounds. On January 26th I had my surgery and I was 290 pounds pre surgery. My insurance required me to not lose any weight, I just follow their regiment on how to eat. Right now I'm on a two week all liquid diet, on February 11th, I'll start the next phase of how to eat. So far, this is been the best experience of my life... In just the first three days I was taken off buy insulin for diabetes.

I've always been the type of person to try diets and not everything but have always fallen off the wagon so to speak. And in doing that got diabetes, also it started destroying my kidney... Which I only have one. Going through this 8 month process or however long it was my diabetes is totally improved and my kidney function has improved massively.

If I hadn't gone to Swedish for this process I don't think I would a live more than two more years cuz of my kidney. All I can say in closing is this is best the best thing I've ever done.

I found this forum all scanning on Google, nm just looking for ideas for Protein Drink recipes and stuff like that. Also I am interested in places to get Protein Bars and I Protein foods. Any help would be appreciated. Don't get me wrong I have done my research and found some places.

Hello my name is Kevin. I am one week post off from the gastric sleeve. When I started the program at Swedish hospital in Seattle Washington, I was 350 pounds. On January 26th I had my surgery and I was 290 pounds pre surgery. My insurance required me to not lose any weight, I just follow their regiment on how to eat. Right now I'm on a two week all liquid diet, on February 11th, I'll start the next phase of how to eat. So far, this is been the best experience of my life... In just the first three days I was taken off buy insulin for diabetes.

I've always been the type of person to try diets and not everything but have always fallen off the wagon so to speak. And in doing that got diabetes, also it started destroying my kidney... Which I only have one. Going through this 8 month process or however long it was my diabetes is totally improved and my kidney function has improved massively.

If I hadn't gone to Swedish for this process I don't think I would a live more than two more years cuz of my kidney. All I can say in closing is this is best the best thing I've ever done.

I found this forum all scanning on Google, nm just looking for ideas for Protein drink recipes and stuff like that. Also I am interested in places to get Protein bars and I protein foods. Any help would be appreciated. Don't get me wrong I have done my research and found some places.

Welcome. Congratulations on your surgery and your success so far.

You will probably get more answers if you start a new thread with your specific questions. Also, there are lots of existing threads with the information you are looking for.

As to places to get protein supplements, I get a lot of mine online.

I have been able to get good prices on Quest bars directly from Quest, from Drugstore.com, and from Amazon. I get my bariatric Calcium chews and other supplements (like bariatric puddings, hot chocolates, Kay's Naturals Snacks, etc.) from Bariatric Choice and more lately from the Bariatric Pal Store. I get my GNC shakes from drugstore.com.

I get my Premiere protein from Walmart, Sam's club, and costco. Watch for sales.

You can also find many products at GNC and/or Vitamin Shoppe stores.

In addition to the Quest products, premiere protein, Kay's Naturals, I really like some of the ProtiDiet products. I really like the ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrates, Tomato basil and creamy chicken Soups, and hot chocolate. I like the BariWise oatmeal and the WonderSlim puddings.< /p>

Welcome!! Congrats on your success so far! It's a huge accomplishment to be able to come off meds, and your glucose ranges look good!!! Keep up the great work! This surgery changed my life, and it is already changing yours too!! ????