Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Favorite Meal!

Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/158968/spinach-and-feta-turkey-burgers/?internalSource=search%20result&referringContentType=search%20results

I add half a chopped sweet onion and use about two cups of fresh spinach instead of frozen. Sometimes I substitute goat cheese for the feta. I like the burgers with no bun, dipped in low sugar ketchup.< /p>

One of my favorite things is fresh salmon ceviche

you need very fresh salmon, diced into small pieces (give your fish a good sniff, there should be no smell to it)

some diced red onion

fresh lime juice

salt

when I make it I use half a pound of salmon, half a large red onion, the juice of two limes, and a few pinches of salt. I like to keep mine simple because I love the salmon, but you could also add some diced tomatoes, avocados, capers, peppers...really anything you want

let it "cook" in the lime juice for two hours and enjoy

Just made this Saturday but definitely in the rotation now...Thai coconut chicken soup!

1. In sauce pan saute in 1/2t olive oil, 4 cloves minced garlic and a 2 inch piece of ginger chopped fine until soft...about 3 minutes.

2. Add two carrots chopped, 1 red bell pepper sliced thin, 1cup shiitake mushrooms sliced and cook for 3-5 minutes.

3. Add 4 cups chicken stock, 1can coconut milk (I use the full fat kind), 1Tablespoon fish sauce, and one pound boneless skinless chicken breast, bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. While chicken is cooking, zest 2 limes.

4. Remove chicken, let it rest for 10 minutes then shred and return to pot along with the zest.

5. Serve topped with fresh Thai basil cut into thin strips.

Ok...can't do just one! Awesome refrigerator oatmeal. Mix the following: 1 Premier Protein vanilla drink, 1 container fat free Greek yogurt and 3 Tablespoons Chia seeds. Refrigerator at least overnight and up to 3 days. My favorite toppings are fresh blueberries, a few walnuts and a bit of honey but you can put anything on it!

@@BLERDgirl, have you ever tried the steel cut oatmeal made with apple juice instead of Water, in the crockpot? I heard it's delicious.

@@Kathy812 - not in the crock pot but I've had it made with apple juice. We ate it like that as kids. I also make a Breakfast quinoa using apple juice with fruit & nuts.

This is not necessarily a recipe, more of an option. I've used spaghetti squash as my "spaghetti" or I use shiratke noodles (no carbs) and added my spaghetti sauce to it. It's a really good option.

Sounds delish! How much greek yogurt and how many servings does it make?

Ok...can't do just one! Awesome refrigerator oatmeal. Mix the following: 1 premier Protein vanilla drink, 1 container fat free Greek yogurt and 3 Tablespoons Chia seeds. Refrigerator at least overnight and up to 3 days. My favorite toppings are fresh blueberries, a few walnuts and a bit of honey but you can put anything on it!

When I make my family spaghetti with meat sauce, I save about 1/3 cup of the browned/seasoned meat to the side for myself, add just a bit of sauce and top with mozzarella. I bake it and eat it without the pahhsta.

When I have more time, I make these:

http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/10/slow-cooker-mozzarella-stuffed-meatballs.html

The family gets bread and pahhsta and salad, I just enjoy with salad.< br />

chicken cacciatore

chicken breast - boneless skinless cut into pieces

Olive oil

Green pepper

Onions

Garlic

Favorite marinara sauce

Parmesean cheese

Brown chicken on both sides using a small amount of olive oil and remove from pan.

Sauté chopped onion in peppers until tender. Add chopped garlic and sauté for a minute or two stirring constantly so that the garlic does not burn but softens.

Add marinara sauce and bring to simmer.

Add chicken back in and simmer until chicken is cooked through.

Top with grated parmesean

chicken tortilla Soup

Boneless skinless chicken breast poached and shredded or a rotisserie chicken shredded

Olive oil

Onion - chopped

Poblano pepper chopped

Carrot - diced

Celery- diced

Frozen corn - or if u like Beans swap them out

Large can of enchilada sauce - I use mild but you can kick this up

Large can of whole tomatoes - smash with your fingers

8 cups chicken stock

1 can of green chiles

1 t. Cumin

2 t. Chili powder

Toppers : avocado, limes, tortilla strips that you buy for salad

Brown onion, poblano, carrot, celery in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large heavy bottomed pot.

Season with salt and pepper.

Add stock, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chiles, chicken, corn and spices.

Simmer until carrots are tender.

If you like your tortilla Soup thinner, add more stock. If you like it thicker reduce stock by half and keep adding until you have your desired thickness. I like mine thinner.

Top with your favorite toppings. I use a tablespoon or fewer tortilla strips in a cup of soup.

I make a big batch of turkey chili that lasts me forever. At this point I don't mind eating the same things over and over. I basically get 2 lbs of ground turkey, mix with the seasoning packet and put in the crockpot. I drain the Beans and throw everything else on top. How is that for easy!

post-257646-0-65036300-1447432703_thumb.jpg

Broccoli Cornbread

6 beaten eggs

1 12-oz container cottage cheese (lg. or sm. curd)

2 pkgs. chopped broccoli, thawed

1 sm. onion (chopped)

1/4 tsp. salt

1 1/2 sticks margarine or butter melted

2 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix

Mix in the order listed. Grease with Pam a 9" x 13" pan, and pour mixture in. Bake at 400* for 30 Minutes, or until center is set.

LipStickLady,

Good question! And a lot of good answers. Thanks for not making us differentiate between Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. To each her own, and no reason to filter any great answers just because they’re traditionally one meal or the other!

Vegetarian chili is a hit at our house. It’s super easy, you can make it ahead of time, it makes a huge recipe, and it’s so healthy. If you want, you can just have the chili. Otherwise, you can top it with shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced avocados, or plain fat-free Greek yogurt.

For the diners who aren’t watching their weight, they can mop it up with bread or serve it over rice. For the diners who require meat at every meal, you can add ground beef or turkey.

It has cans of Beans (chickpea, kidney, black, whatever you want), diced celery, onion, and bell peppers, and chili seasoning. Pretty simple!

But if I’m too lazy to do even that, eggs with spinach can do the trick easily for a one-person, quick meal.

Great ideas here – thanks to everyone for sharing!