Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else having Gastric Bypass this month?

I am new to the forum and am Post-op day 6 and doing much better than I anticipated! For the most part feel very good. The first couple of days I was VERY dry and had a difficult time getting enough fluids in. Today - I am much improved - still some pain but that has improved as well. I was 9 lbs up from my pre-op weight at discharge from the hospital because they really loaded me with lots of fluids so I wouldn't be dehydrated. So I'm trying not to pay much attention to the scales at this point! I just wanted to wish everyone LOTS of luck and a speedy recovery! I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this community!

@@Sajijoma I'm 3 days days post-opt now. I know all Doctors are different, but have you tried unsweetened Almond Milk? I mix it with my Unjury Protein Shake. It's pretty good and have no issues keeping it down as it is soy and lactose free. I can't wait to get my drain out. It's so gross! It's hard for me not to weigh myself to see how much I am losing too.

@@Rdy4ANewLife Thank you. I think I am doing good. I was discharged the day after my surgery. Just sipping my fluids and walking a lot. The most pain I feel is when I get up or lay down, but not for too long. Good luck with your surgery! I'm sure you're counting down the days!

Edited by fordgirlalways

@@countrygirl That's awful! What surgery did you have in 2013 if you don't mind my asking?

@@Janie80 Good luck with your surgery! 8 more days!

@@Maraki I think I'm doing good so far. Just being really adamant about getting my fluids in and walking. I'm supposed to get 64 ounces in a day, which takes me about 16 hours. It's crazy! The pain also isn't too bad and I've been fortunate not to have too much gas pain so far. I mostly just feel pain for a short time when I stand up or lay down. I hear that'll feel better once my drain is out. Really looking forward to that. Most people only have theirs in a week, but since Thanksgiving is a week from when I had my surgery I'm stuck with it for a bit longer!

@@turbomom22 Hope it goes well for you. Good luck!

@ I'm 3 days post opt now. I think I'm doing better than I thought I would too. Getting all your fluids in is hard as it is an all day thing. It's crazy how much weight we gain in the hospital from all the fluids. I gained 13, but I've lost 8 since I've been home. Good luck with your recovery as well! We're well on our way to healthier, better lives!

I'm a few days out and it was worse than I anticipated. I had to get blood and spend 3 nights in. Feeling very discouraged

@@fordgirlalways thank you! I cannot believe it is only 8 more days. My nerves have subsided and I am really looking forward to it. Just keeping myself busy with last minute planning for my family and ensuring I have some things done so I won't have to worry if I am not up to it.

How have you found it since your surgery?

Janie80

My nerves came and went throughout the 14 day diet, tomorrow is my surgery I feel like I'm meeting, I've prepared meals for the family, I've cleaned the entire house and have taken care of things that I had procrastinated, the good part is that it helped me to not overthink about tomorrow.

I am super excited more than nervous though and am soo looking forward to a new life, a new me!!

@@Janie80 So far, so good. Today was better than yesterday. Hoping each day will improve. I feel the most pain when I get up or lay down. The pain is starting to last less. I haven't taken any pain meds today. I have the pesky drain too and hear things get better once it's removed. I'm courting down to the 30th as well to get it taken out. I'm also required to drink 64 ounces of liquids a day using a medicine cup to measure things out and that takes 16 hours to do. I've had no nausea at all while drinking because I'm really taking my time. I also make sure to walk every hour. I think I over did it a little from getting up a lot because my legs are somewhat sore like how you feel the first time after you go to the gym and it's been a long time. I took a shower for the first time today and washed what I could without hurting. It was nice to just clean myself up. Made me feel better. It's also a little hard getting pants on right now. I've read people saying that they stop hurting after a week, which would be nice because I'm a side sleeper and can't really do that right now because of the pain it causes. I'm sure that will get easier as will everything else as the days pass.

@@fordgirlalways

Glad to hear today was a little better :)

I am sure it will get easier everyday although I am not sure because I haven't gone through it yet. Take it slow and keep positive. We are all here to support you. I am excited to hear about your progress and look forward to your updates! My thoughts are with you!