Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This diet seems like BS and I am pouting

Thank you all, for what has become one of the most entertaining threads ever. Thanks to you (especially @Dub), I nearly sprayed coffee all over my keyboard. At the office. Where I'm supposed to be, you know, working. Carry on.

Done/ here to support each other not pick sides male or female!

@@Babbs ... you did it again, you straight shooter b***h!

Thank you all, for what has become one of the most entertaining threads ever. Thanks to you (especially @Dub), I nearly sprayed coffee all over my keyboard. At the office. Where I'm supposed to be, you know, working. Carry on.

Feeling the same way. Been bored out of my mind today and this thread was very very entertaining. I know I should be ashamed of myself but I just can't help it..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feeling the same way. Been bored out of my mind today and this thread was very very entertaining. I know I should be ashamed of myself but I just can't help it..

You are right.......we've been bad and should be punished.

I'm down with that sorta stuff.

Oops.

Forgot about folks at work......sorry.

I'll be heading back to the grindstone later this week, too. Looking forward to it.

It's gonna be easier to get around.....getting lighter every day.........more change in my pocket from avoiding the overpriced cafeteria at work..........less meds to worry about remembering to take......

Our work PC firewalls block most of the hunting and fishing webpages I sometimes want to look at while on break. I'm glad that Bariatric Pal is "allowed" by the powers that be.

Hope your workday is going well.

Ever notice when a guy tells it like it is, he's a "straight shooter" and applauded.

When us women do it, we are b*****s, bullies, mean girls......

Just an observation.

I never consider a woman who does that a bully or a mean girl.

;)

I read through this thread (as I have many other's). I'm in my third month pre-op so I have no experience with what it's like immediately after surgery. Five years ago I was in the hospital for 8 days with pancreatitis and had my gallbladder removed which was painful (I was in the hospital for such a long time because of my weight).

As a lifelong dieter I have been on an all liquid diet (650 calories) which I admit was difficult and had me dreaming of trays of food. I'm excited that I am finally taking this life changing step and finally doing what I was advised to do 16 years ago up until present day. I always feared the bypass procedures and avoided WLS so when the sleeve started to become mainstream it seemed like a great option for me personally.

I don't believe anyone should apologize to the OP (I probably would have too if I posted a reply with a response like that). My take on it was that the only answer that would have been acceptable would have been, "yes you are right, eat all the Pasta you can, as soon as you can, and no need to do this crazy liquid thing just after surgery if your friend didn't have to do it." and "your doctor sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to the post op diet".

Responders to the OP - please keep posting your replies - they are extremely helpful and appreciated!

Edited by onturf

I have seen today by the "cutting down" on anyone for posting something is the reason so many at my Drs office warned me abt this'l sight. Been on here for almost a year now and never seen such disrespect for someone's thoughts. I made a nice remark to someone today and because they were of the opposite sex, was ridiculed. Not at all what this forum is for! No need on being so disrespectful on a help forum...

My doctor prescribes appetite suppressants to his patients to get us through the Liquid Phase. Perhaps you can ask your Doc for one of those.

Thanks! Something like that could help.
>

>Boy, you are feeling pissy!

;)

I do understand what you're saying. So cross-examine the surgeon tomorrow. Get the answers you need.

BTW, pre-op I took Ranitidine 150 mg. twice a day for GERD. But after surgery, my surgeon prescribed a much stronger antacid -- a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) called Protonix, which I took for about 4 months. It made a LOT of difference in terms of how much hunger I felt during those early months. So also ask the surgeon about giving you a PPI Rx.

Now, go out there try not to hurt anyone before you see the doctor.

>

Yes, I am. I'm also pissy when people are rude and don't read what's written before writing a condescending response. Horrible experience on this forum so far. Thanks for your input, I really do appreciate it.

Clearly your bad experience is the result of everyone but you. Funny that, I have never had one bad conversation here. I guess its all in your perspective.

I read through this thread (as I have many other's). I'm in my third month pre-op so I have no experience with what it's like immediately after surgery. Five years ago I was in the hospital for 8 days with pancreatitis and had my gallbladder removed which was painful (I was in the hospital for such a long time because of my weight).

As a lifelong dieter I have been on an all liquid diet (650 calories) which I admit was difficult and had me dreaming of trays of food. I'm excited that I am finally taking this life changing step and finally doing what I was advised to do 16 years ago up until present day. I always feared the bypass procedures and avoided WLS so when the sleeve started to become mainstream it seemed like a great option for me personally.

I don't believe anyone should apologize to the OP (I probably would have too if I posted a reply with a response like that). My take on it was that the only answer that would have been acceptable would have been, "yes you are right, eat all the Pasta you can, as soon as you can, and no need to do this crazy liquid thing just after surgery if your friend didn't have to do it." and "your doctor sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to the post op diet".

Responders to the OP - please keep posting your replies - they are extremely helpful and appreciated!

Congratulations on taking the decision to have the surgery! I am only 2 weeks out so I am feeling the effects in full force but here I am plodding on. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions, concerns or hesitations. I was very against VSG when it was first suggested to me because I was very scared. I was quickly convinced otherwise and made the decision and had it done in the span of 2 weeks! As such, I might relate to any feelings you are going through and can tell you how I dealt with them.

Also everyone here is pretty helpful and pretty great so ask away if you ever need to.

Edited by Ray92

Congratulations on taking the decision to have the surgery! I am only 2 weeks out so I am feeling the effects in full force but here I am plodding on. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions, concerns or hesitations. I was very against VSG when it was first suggested to me because I was very scared. I was quickly convinced otherwise and made the decision and had it done in the span of 2 weeks! As such, I might relate to any feelings you are going through and can tell you how I dealt with them.

Also everyone here is pretty helpful and pretty great so ask away if you ever need to.

Thank you and congratulations on being sleeved 2 weeks ago - I appreciate your reply and support and look forward to participating in the forum!

i had Pasta and bread and potatoes at like three weeks and you know what? i don't even really want it anymore. you can't get enough Protein if you fill up on Pasta and bread and the like! the only thing i do miss and sometimes try to eat is rice. i'm puerto rican so that's kinda a given but i don't eat it very much at all. follow the instructions no matter how annoying.

for now just worry about your next few weeks! not 6 months from now. :) good luck

i had Pasta and bread and potatoes at like three weeks and you know what? i don't even really want it anymore. you can't get enough Protein if you fill up on Pasta and bread and the like! the only thing i do miss and sometimes try to eat is rice. i'm puerto rican so that's kinda a given but i don't eat it very much at all. follow the instructions no matter how annoying.

for now just worry about your next few weeks! not 6 months from now. :) good luck

Omg your not lying I'm Jamaican and Puerto Rican my family had arroz con pollo last night I was mad as hell since I'm only hitting 4 weeks out today.

Omg your not lying I'm Jamaican and Puerto Rican my family had arroz con pollo last night I was mad as hell since I'm only hitting 4 weeks out today.

haha i woulda had a bite or two just to say i did :P

Major respect for your knocking down that weight pre-op. Damn powerful effort right there. Much respect !!!!!!!

Really looking forward to your seeing your progress.

You must made my day !!!!!

I have seen today by the "cutting down" on anyone for posting something is the reason so many at my Drs office warned me abt this'l sight. Been on here for almost a year now and never seen such disrespect for someone's thoughts. I made a nice remark to someone today and because they were of the opposite sex, was ridiculed. Not at all what this forum is for! No need on being so disrespectful on a help forum...

I know I'm a dimwitted knuckle dragger.......slow on the uptake at times......but I missed where you were ridiculed.

I read your nice comments.

I read a few other postings.

Then I read where you asked if someone was in grammar school or something like that. I never really understood what you meant.

Could it be possible that you misread someone's comment ?

We go full throttle around here sometimes and stuff gets said.....but maybe not said clearly.....and is misunderstood. I truly hope you don't feel as if you were ridiculed in here.

Yes....there was a lot of fun being poked at the OP's rant.....but I missed where any was directed towards you.

Like I said....I'm slow witted at times and fail to pick up on subtleties and such. I sure hope you don't let this thread deter you from posting.

i had Pasta and bread and potatoes at like three weeks and you know what? i don't even really want it anymore. you can't get enough Protein if you fill up on pasta and bread and the like! the only thing i do miss and sometimes try to eat is rice. i'm puerto rican so that's kinda a given but i don't eat it very much at all. follow the instructions no matter how annoying.

Damn......I was doing good 'til I read these replies. I am now hungry. Rice is a part of so many of our family cultures that it's almost gotta get a free pass, right ?????

You ladies have gone and flung a craving on me, now.

What made it worse is I just made another run to Chic-fil-A and picked up a gallon of their diet lemonade. I had to look away at their Tortilla Soup ads.......that stuff looked killer. I will be enjoying some of that when the time comes.

haha i woulda had a bite or two just to say i did :P

I hear ya'. It did sound pretty damn tasty.

Middle Eastern person here. Almost all our food has some sort of rice with it. You know how in thanksgiving, people stuff the turkey with well, stuffing? We have a similar dish that is a chicken literally stuffed with rice and minced lamb. Even roasted chicken has rice with it. The most famous food of my home country? Big a** rice dish with lamb and laban. Want to eat a squash? It's stuffed with rice.

The struggle is real

EDIT: OH also we have these Tomato sauce stews with some sort of vegetable that we eat with rice. People pile the rice, sauce and veg onto a piece of pita like they are going to town on some hummus!!!!

Edited by Ray92