Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This diet seems like BS and I am pouting

Also, calling the diet BS and unfair is why you are getting some of these responses.

It not like you don't get to see the diet before surgery and make an educated decision. You made this choice, now you have to live with it.

Once you get on soft foods everything is better.

I'm leaving this place anyway. I couldn't even have a decent conversation about something tongue-in-cheek because people wouldn't even read what I wrote and responded to their ASSUMPTIONS. Good luck to all of you. I know what I've gotten in to here. I did plenty of research before and my own husband has had bypass. I'm labeled as a "newbie," try not to be so rude to new people in the future. We don't know how you talk here. I was hoping to have more people to talk to who have had the surgery, but a conversation goes two ways- you have to read what I say before responding otherwise we are not communicating. Best of luck to you all.

My doctor prescribes appetite suppressants to his patients to get us through the liquid Phase. Perhaps you can ask your Doc for one of those.

Thanks! Something like that could help.

>Boy, you are feeling pissy!

;)

I do understand what you're saying. So cross-examine the surgeon tomorrow. Get the answers you need.

BTW, pre-op I took Ranitidine 150 mg. twice a day for GERD. But after surgery, my surgeon prescribed a much stronger antacid -- a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) called Protonix, which I took for about 4 months. It made a LOT of difference in terms of how much hunger I felt during those early months. So also ask the surgeon about giving you a PPI Rx.

Now, go out there try not to hurt anyone before you see the doctor.

Yes, I am. I'm also pissy when people are rude and don't read what's written before writing a condescending response. Horrible experience on this forum so far. Thanks for your input, I really do appreciate it.

Clearly your bad experience is the result of everyone but you. Funny that, I have never had one bad conversation here. I guess its all in your perspective.

Keep up the good work, it is very hard. I am on my liquid diet before surgery and i am hungry. Our sleeve surgery should help and make this better. I am thinking once we have surgery then since we wont be hungry we should have no problem craving Pasta, rice, ect. Wish you luck!

post-262753-14464934228308_thumb.jpg

Was he a troll? I think he was a troll.

OMG VSGAnn2014

I nearly choked on my yogurt when I saw that picture of Scarlett O'Hara. HILL-AIR-EE-OUS!!!

@@forgetit - I'm sorry that's not what I meant to say. My point is your conversations & meeting with your surgeon or nutritionist need to be a give and take, an actual conversation or discussion about what works for you and your body specifically. My program gave us a manual to follow. Yes it had general guidelines for all bariatric pts, but when I meet with the nutritionist I then discussed with her what would work for me. I am vegetarian and have several food allergies. I can't have artificial food dyes or most artificial sweeteners. My food plan took that into account. On a message board such as this you will a million different answers based on the wide variety of programs out there. When I recommend someone ask their doctor or nutritionist, I mean take the same questions you are posing here and ask them. Let the professional explain their reasoning.

The all liquids phase is tough for most of us. Not much to do there but grin and bear it. I did find that using unflavored Protein powder helped. I did 2 shakes and the had vegetable broth with unflavored Protein Powder in the evenings. I hit my Protein goals but having that savory broth in the evenings made things a little bearable. Lastly if you are already on a PPI you may need to increase the dosage. It's not unusual. I started at 20 mgs and had to go up to 40 mgs to get relief.

pastas, rice and breads? A year out I don't eat them much and honestly, I don't want them. On the occasion I do have Pasta unless it's in vegetable Soup or something, it's bean base Pasta. When I have rice, it's black, or brown.

Hang in there. The early days are a challenge but worth the struggle.

I can give the answer my nutritionist gave. These foods are empty carbs. They will fill you temporarily, and then you will be starving again, with the additional disadvantage of a ton of carbs. In addition, with the tiny tummy, soft breads do not work so well - they tend to gum up the works, so to speak. Then sit heavy in the tummy or even get stuck - I read recently where a surgeon had to go in and remove a 'bread ball.'

I can give the answer my nutritionist gave. These foods are empty carbs. They will fill you temporarily, and then you will be starving again, with the additional disadvantage of a ton of carbs. In addition, with the tiny tummy, soft breads do not work so well - they tend to gum up the works, so to speak. Then sit heavy in the tummy or even get stuck - I read recently where a surgeon had to go in and remove a 'bread ball.'

Thank you! I enjoyed your response... Very helpful !!!!

One other word of advice. Change your language. It's a mental thing. A diet is temporary. While the various phases you go through as you resume regular eating may change this is NOT a diet. This is relearning to eat in a healthier manner.

Also I can add is that those early weeks are NO FUN! Try to think as positively as you can and keep your eye on the prize.

Your body should eat itself, you've got enough fat to feed it.

What does your plan say? Are you Clear Liquids or all liquids. How long? How long for purees & soft foods. The liquid phase is challenging for us all. Hang in there. Make sure you aren't experiencing head hunger or acid which can often mask as hunger pains? Do not compare programs. You signed up for this one. If you have questions or concerns talk it over with your nutritionist and try to come up with reasonable workarounds or compromises.

Thanks for actually trying to acknowledge what I was asking. I am on the all liquids diet now until next Thursday when I go to purees. The liquids are driving me absolutely crazy. I don't believe I'm experience acidity because I'm on a regular antacid already. It is almost definitely partially head hunger, but my abdomen is rumbling and grumbling and my stomach is doing that squeezing thing it does when you're super hungry, which then also makes me feel nauseous. I just don't feel like I'm getting enough in and all I'm eating is Protein. I figure if I have to eat something, it may as well be Protein. If I'm going to drink Water, it may as well be Isopure, for example. I AM following the program, and I want to kill everyone. I just want to know when the real light at the end of the tunnel is, because I do not believe this piece of paper I have is it. I believe that when I talk to my doctor and dietician I will get confirmation of that based on everything I've read and the other patient I talked to, but I was wondering what the forum thought and I'm mostly just getting "shut up and listen to your doctor"...

You are definitely reading something into my post if you heard "shut up".

By the way, are you taking a PPI?