Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This diet seems like BS and I am pouting

WTH? Did I miss something? I thought I read through but someone seems pissed and I can't figure out why? What happened with the men and women divide? It's all funny until someone kills the thread with a butt hurt! What exactly caused the hurting of the butt? Is this an emergency situation? Is it a butt cut or are we amputating a cheek? Should we alert the closet family member?

post-237766-0-89364500-1446582779_thumb.png

WTH? Did I miss something? I thought I read through but someone seems pissed and I can't figure out why? What happened with the men and women divide? It's all funny until someone kills the thread with a butt hurt! What exactly caused the hurting of the butt? Is this an emergency situation? Is it a butt cut or are we amputating a cheek? Should we alert the closet family member?

I'm not usually one to speculate, butt, it must have been serious. What with all this blatant disrespect being strewn about.

I know what I've gotten in to here. I did plenty of research before and my own husband has had bypass.

I find it very hard to believe that you'd did "plenty of research," when in your OP you were shocked at not being allowed bread or Pasta for 6 months, because you "haven't seen that anywhere!" Every plan I've seen includes restrictions on these types of carbs for 6 months or longer. Every book I've read stresses that this type of food is off limits for a very long time if you want to be successful in the long term. This information is EVERYWHERE.

Maybe you only absorbed what you wanted to hear (similar to how you are taking the responses to your post, which were actually been pretty nice, honest and helpful until you got your panties in a wad). If you expect to be able to eat whatever you want post-op, then you can expect to have similar results to what you had pre-op after the honeymoon phase is over.

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

NAILED it!!!!

@@dlappjr Well I think someone should alert the president ASAP! This is not a time to play around!

@@dlappjr Well I think someone should alert the president ASAP! This is not a time to play around!

#HelpObama

Sheeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt.

He doesn't give a damn about the downtrodden and butthurt.

J4lgziY.png

Damnit. Now I want to know if he went and told that doctor off.

I can only imagine how that went down........two Iron wills colliding.......forgedtits and the doctor (I'm seeing Arnold Swartzenaeger in this role for some reason....)

"I want a sammich dambit !!!"

"NO...just Soup for you".

"It's not fair......I should have cupcakes".

"No......Protein Powda only......now, get to the choppa".

"I want oodles of noodles and bread bowls"

"STOP with your whining"

I almost feel sorry for the surgeons.......I mean, they have the ability to change lives in a way that patients can only dream of......yet their results are held hostage by those that want to fight them every step of the way.

I simply don't understand how people make it to the surgery and have so damn little understanding of basic calories and nutrition. This stuff is taught in elementary schools. Hell, I grew up in the boonies.....where the teachers main challenge was keeping us from breeding our cousins.....yet somehow.....someway....they taught us the basic concepts of how to eat.

Sure....many, like me, turn their back on that knowledge and develop weight problems as adults. Thankfully I stayed off my cousin, though.

There is normally so much education that goes into a bariatric program that you'd expect good comprehension of the surgery and the demands that follow.

Add to the fact that she's lived through this with her husbands wls.....although a different procedure.

OP is right. It's not fair. It's not fair to the surgeon. That poor surgeon will never get the time back that she's going to spend arguing with the OP in this visit. OP already knows everything and won't be satisfied until the surgeon yields and admits that cupcakes, Cookies and pizza are in fact, great foods that will yield to a slim, trim and sexy new you.

Poor surgeon. She could be spending that time with patients that actually are receptive and willing to listen and follow.

Omg I laughed so hard! I even spoke in Arnolds voice.

And the cousin thing... bahahaha Haha -- good for you for your self control for staying off your cousin!

Also great response too!! You always do!

6FIMXFK.png

So much trouble!!!

post-237766-0-64075200-1446584354_thumb.jpeg

Damnit. Now I want to know if he went and told that doctor off.

I can only imagine how that went down........two Iron wills colliding.......forgedtits and the doctor (I'm seeing Arnold Swartzenaeger in this role for some reason....)

"I want a sammich dambit !!!"

"NO...just Soup for you".

"It's not fair......I should have cupcakes".

"No......Protein Powda only......now, get to the choppa".

"I want oodles of noodles and bread bowls"

"STOP with your whining"

I almost feel sorry for the surgeons.......I mean, they have the ability to change lives in a way that patients can only dream of......yet their results are held hostage by those that want to fight them every step of the way.

I simply don't understand how people make it to the surgery and have so damn little understanding of basic calories and nutrition. This stuff is taught in elementary schools. Hell, I grew up in the boonies.....where the teachers main challenge was keeping us from breeding our cousins.....yet somehow.....someway....they taught us the basic concepts of how to eat.

Sure....many, like me, turn their back on that knowledge and develop weight problems as adults. Thankfully I stayed off my cousin, though.

There is normally so much education that goes into a bariatric program that you'd expect good comprehension of the surgery and the demands that follow.

Add to the fact that she's lived through this with her husbands wls.....although a different procedure.

OP is right. It's not fair. It's not fair to the surgeon. That poor surgeon will never get the time back that she's going to spend arguing with the OP in this visit. OP already knows everything and won't be satisfied until the surgeon yields and admits that cupcakes, Cookies and pizza are in fact, great foods that will yield to a slim, trim and sexy new you.

Poor surgeon. She could be spending that time with patients that actually are receptive and willing to listen and follow.

Omg I laughed so hard! I even spoke in Arnolds voice.

And the cousin thing... bahahaha Haha -- good for you for your self control for staying off your cousin!

Also great response too!! You always do!

Oh yeah! I forgot to congratulate you @@Dub, on not being a DaddyUncle!

I'm going to need people to stop taking their internet job so seriously!

post-237766-0-66475200-1446584617_thumb.jpeg

GhIJnvi.png

Okay, so I'm only 5 days post-op and I'm at the point where my body is literally starting to eat itself...I am starving, NOTHING helps (and sometimes makes it worse), and I am cranky and mad at the world. Looking at the diet instructions my doctor's office gave me...I think some of this is total bull. No Pasta or bread for SIX MONTHS??? I haven't seen that anywhere else. I am frustrated because a friend of mine had the same surgery 2 months ago with another doctor and she's been allowed to experiment a whole lot more than this plan says I can. The thing is, they give this same sheet to all patients...meaning the bypass patients are given the same instructions as the sleeve patients. And that just makes no sense. My body is not bypassing the gall bladder and all that; I can process things better than a bypass patient. I got sleeve rather than bypass for a reason- it is supposed to be much easier to recover from and I can eat a lot more normal and still get all the results. The only thing really different is my stomach is tiny. Right? So why can't I try some things close to one month rather than 3-6??

I'm just complaining, really, but also wanted to know your experiences and thoughts. I see my surgeon tomorrow for my first post-op appointment and I'm going to talk to her about this, because I don't think this diet plan is realistic or fair.

So?

How'd your doc appoint go?

Okay, so I'm only 5 days post-op and I'm at the point where my body is literally starting to eat itself...I am starving, NOTHING helps (and sometimes makes it worse), and I am cranky and mad at the world. Looking at the diet instructions my doctor's office gave me...I think some of this is total bull. No Pasta or bread for SIX MONTHS??? I haven't seen that anywhere else. I am frustrated because a friend of mine had the same surgery 2 months ago with another doctor and she's been allowed to experiment a whole lot more than this plan says I can. The thing is, they give this same sheet to all patients...meaning the bypass patients are given the same instructions as the sleeve patients. And that just makes no sense. My body is not bypassing the gall bladder and all that; I can process things better than a bypass patient. I got sleeve rather than bypass for a reason- it is supposed to be much easier to recover from and I can eat a lot more normal and still get all the results. The only thing really different is my stomach is tiny. Right? So why can't I try some things close to one month rather than 3-6??

I'm just complaining, really, but also wanted to know your experiences and thoughts. I see my surgeon tomorrow for my first post-op appointment and I'm going to talk to her about this, because I don't think this diet plan is realistic or fair.

So?

How'd your doc appoint go?

**Grabs popcorn...err I mean glass of Water.

Where you at OP?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm anxious to hear how the appointment went!