Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This diet seems like BS and I am pouting

@@Dub - You win the internet today! That was hilarious!!! :P :D :lol:

Thank you, Darlin'.

I'm really not an arsehole.......or not to most folks, anyway.

I try my best to be supportive around here and I really am grateful as hell for my experiences and assistance I've been given here. It's been hugely helpful.

I simply don't posses the proper social graces and filters to keep my mouth shut when I should. In person, I'm a fairly polite and easy going guy.......until I'm not. I've always appreciated the support that is real, accurate and safe. I don't see the benefit of someone validating unsafe behaviors or supporting actions that don't lead to weight loss.

I log on here to help gain perspective with weight loss and how to best benefit from weight loss surgery. For whining and self destructive stuff there is always Facebook.....plenty of folks there to tell ya its' okay to keep doing whatever you like and it'll all get better.....no effort is needed from you to improve....etc.

I could go back and read some of my early posts here and laugh my ass off at how I viewed things then. I try to keep that in mind. Everyone is at a different point in their development .......but damn, we are having or had surgery for weight loss. You expect a certain degree of commitment from us, the patients...........

Thank you, Darlin'.

I try my best to be supportive around here and I really am grateful as hell for my experiences and assistance I've been given here. It's been hugely helpful.

I simply don't posses the proper social graces and filters to keep my mouth shut when I should. In person, I'm a fairly polite and easy going guy.......until I'm not. I've always appreciated the support that is real, accurate and safe. I don't see the benefit of someone validating unsafe behaviors or supporting actions that don't lead to weight loss.

I log on here to help gain perspective with weight loss and how to best benefit from weight loss surgery. For whining and self destructive stuff there is always Facebook.....plenty of folks there to tell ya its' okay to keep doing whatever you like and it'll all get better.....no effort is needed from you to improve....etc.

I could go back and read some of my early posts here and laugh my ass off at how I viewed things then. I try to keep that in mind. Everyone is at a different point in their development .......but damn, we are having or had surgery for weight loss. You expect a certain degree of commitment from us, the patients...........

I know that I am glad to have you around, @@Dub, as well as a lot of the other folks who comment, offer advice and support on a regular basis. You can tell, the ones among us, that have their shit straight. Its a huge resource to be able to tap into, but you have to be receptive and take it all in, even when it's not what you want to hear. And I think the support here works two ways. We all get something when we need something, and get to give something when someone else needs something. Regardless of what situation I was looking for at any given moment, being able to offer help or receive help, has done wonders for me on my journey. Its most therapeutic.

Damnit. Now I want to know if he went and told that doctor off.

I can only imagine how that went down........two Iron wills colliding.......forgedtits and the doctor (I'm seeing Arnold Swartzenaeger in this role for some reason....)

"I want a sammich dambit !!!"

"NO...just Soup for you".

"It's not fair......I should have cupcakes".

"No......Protein Powda only......now, get to the choppa".

"I want oodles of noodles and bread bowls"

"STOP with your whining"

I almost feel sorry for the surgeons.......I mean, they have the ability to change lives in a way that patients can only dream of......yet their results are held hostage by those that want to fight them every step of the way.

I simply don't understand how people make it to the surgery and have so damn little understanding of basic calories and nutrition. This stuff is taught in elementary schools. Hell, I grew up in the boonies.....where the teachers main challenge was keeping us from breeding our cousins.....yet somehow.....someway....they taught us the basic concepts of how to eat.

Sure....many, like me, turn their back on that knowledge and develop weight problems as adults. Thankfully I stayed off my cousin, though.

There is normally so much education that goes into a bariatric program that you'd expect good comprehension of the surgery and the demands that follow.

Add to the fact that she's lived through this with her husbands wls.....although a different procedure.

OP is right. It's not fair. It's not fair to the surgeon. That poor surgeon will never get the time back that she's going to spend arguing with the OP in this visit. OP already knows everything and won't be satisfied until the surgeon yields and admits that cupcakes, Cookies and pizza are in fact, great foods that will yield to a slim, trim and sexy new you.

Poor surgeon. She could be spending that time with patients that actually are receptive and willing to listen and follow.

Omg! You are to funny....????????????

Thank you, Darlin'.

I know that I am glad to have you around, @@Dub, as well as a lot of the other folks who comment, offer advice and support on a regular basis. You can tell, the ones among us, that have their **** straight. Its a huge resource to be able to tap into, but you have to be receptive and take it all in, even when it's not what you want to hear. And I think the support here works two ways. We all get something when we need something, and get to give something when someone else needs something. Regardless of what situation I was looking for at any given moment, being able to offer help or receive help, has done wonders for me on my journey. Its most therapeutic.

Hugely therapeutic, I agree.

We may not always like what we hear....but when it's coming from someone 1-2 years post-op who's living at their goal.....and been through all the challenges......it sure resonates in my head. So grateful for them.....and the folks that are kicking ass at every part of the process.

All we can do is our best.

The good news is that our best + wls + ongoing support = potential for great success.

@@forgetit The rumbling and grumbling is acid. It took me a few days to figure it out but you will find that it will rumble and grumble and eating something will not make it go away and you will feel too full to eat that thing anyway.

I find that herbal tea and yogurt really helps with that sensation.

Also people on this forum are EXTREMELY helpful, positive and supportive. I wouldn't write this place off so quickly. What you are feeling is natural, heck there are some moments in the day when I feel pretty down about not being able to eat carbs, fried food etc. But this is a choice I made and I am not going to take risks with my health which is why the surgeon's nutrition plan is essential. When I am craving sugar, in my mind I also secretly think the diet is BS but that is just a silent mini tantrum moment. The feeling passes very quickly. We are human, we get emotional and now more than ever you will feel that way. You are melting away hormones that were stored in fat and you also have to in a way, let go of a crutch or comfort if that is what food meant to you.

We all have a weakness for food, this is why we are on this forum and this is why we did the surgery. It is natural to feel angry and sad in these early days but let's have a reality check moment here. The surgery is already done, its irreversible and there is no point in getting yourself worked up about it. Instead focus on the positive things. Everyday things get better and soon you will find yourself 6 months down the road and all these feelings will be a distant memory.

Edited by Ray92

Dub you sound like a straight shooter! But also have a great sense of humor! You make some very good points!

Ever notice when a guy tells it like it is, he's a "straight shooter" and applauded.

When us women do it, we are bitches, bullies, mean girls......

Just an observation.

Ever notice when a guy tells it like it is, he's a "straight shooter" and applauded.

When us women do it, we are b*****s, bullies, mean girls......

Just an observation.

I am sorry that here is a double standard. I see it all the time. I also hate it when someone plays the "hormones/need to get some" card at you girls. It's not nice.

Dub you sound like a straight shooter! But also have a great sense of humor! You make some very good points!

Thanks. Just your average....horny, little devil.

Just kidding....I'm far from little.

Just an observation.

Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiitttttttt.

I should forward you the PM's the OP sent me.

She was not feeling the straightforward straight shooter vibe. She was cussing me and hissing over my initial comments about her creamy bacon cheesy potato Soup friendship.

It's understandable, though. She's at that point a couple days prior to surgery.......all sorts of stuff must be bouncing around in her head.

She'll probably chill out quite a bit in the weeks ahead.

Wth?? You need a life!! How old are you middle school??

Just an observation.

I am sorry that here is a double standard. I see it all the time. I also hate it when someone plays the "hormones/need to get some" card at you girls. It's not nice.

I hear ya, bro.

I'm so dang grateful that hormonal stuff......like a disturbance in the FORCE.....isn't part of my daily routine.

I could see where ladies have unique challenges to face with the surgery and changes coming from the weight loss.

All us dudes really have to do is sit back & wait to lose from our beer guts and gain some inches in our toolage......life is simple. Life is good.

So, want to hear me whine?

Why do so few people who start threads say "Thank you" for the comments / answers / posts made by those who make the effort to think of a cogent reply and type a response? On many threads here the OP posts Message #1 and is never seen or heard again on that thread.

Then there are those OPs who seem to regard those who respond as paid consultants who are falling down on the job. Strangely, no one has yet sent me a check, cash or even a bottle of liquor.

Done/ here to support each other not pick sides male or female!

Just an observation.

She was not feeling the straightforward straight shooter vibe. She was cussing me and hissing over my initial comments about her creamy bacon cheesy potato Soup friendship.

It's understandable, though. She's at that point a couple days prior to surgery.......all sorts of stuff must be bouncing around in her head.

Bacon cheesy potato soup? Did I miss that comment? That sounds so decadent though..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Done/ here to support each other not pick sides male or female!

No sides here........just folks that are fighting and clawing there way to get there.......and those that made it and have been thriving.

Just an observation.

ockquote>

Bacon cheesy potato soup? Did I miss that comment? That sounds so decadent though..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Damn, you are 100% correct. I goofed.

The bacon, cheesy, potato soup cussing I received came from another recent thread......sorry.

It was easily confused with this one, though. Same type of whining and such.

Edited by Dub