Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September bandsters out there???

Hey everyone,

I went for my 2 week post surgery checkup this week and my doctor gave me some interesting news. He said that as of October 1 they are having patients be on mushy food for only 1 week and their first fill after 4 weeks...so I get my first fill shortly. I am so excited. I have the generation 3 ethicon ring so I don't know if that makes a difference. I hope it will be nation wide for future recipients!!!! Have a good week everyone!

Wooot Wooot to you Stacey - that is so awesome! Aren't NSV so great too? scales aren't the only thing that matter anymore!!! Congrats to you!

I only had one pair of jeans and this pair was hard to get on before the preop diet. Yesterday, I pulled these jeans down without unzipping them ! WOO HOO !!!!! My father keeps asking me how much have I lost. I cant wait to tell him this so he will shut up! Everyone needs to quit asking me how much I have lost. They just dont understand that this is a slower process than the bypass. We gotta educate them I guess.

Ya'll hang in there. We are losing INCHES everyday .

Thanks NM sunshine..the thought of raviolis makes me happy

I also added no fat refried Beans to some soup..it doesnt look good but tastes great and is very filling

this week has been full of major AHAAAA moment(s) for me!

i hear ya about the scales! the inches are coming off though

and i'm fitting into pants and tops i haven't been able to wear in 3 to 5 yrs! it's amazing to me! one pair i wore yesterday, i tried before surgery and couldn't get them over my hips much less buttoned... now they're BAGGY on me. just incredible.

i've been walking A LOT. i guess it works! this morning i walked a total of 44 blocks. half of that was against the wind on the beach and now i'm energized. LOL

BigBoy

I have a weakness for raviole too. The canned ones are the mushiest.

Yesterday I put myself on regular food. Made a chicken stir fry. Real food tasted so good. I found that I couldn't finish the portion I had given myself. But, no tummy ache!!!

Hi...I was banded on 9/5 and had my first fill today. I had 2 cc's put into a VG standard band. I felt a little restriction in the office, but now nothing!

I'm still losing, though...down 25 pounds from the beginning of the pre-op diet. :eek: Hope the 2 cc's helps...

Wooot Wooot to you Stacey - that is so awesome! Aren't NSV so great too? scales aren't the only thing that matter anymore!!! Congrats to you!
Is Dr. Richard Cater a nice Dr. I thinking of using him for my fills....any input would be nice....:help:

<p>I WAS BANDED 9/18/2007. I FEEL GREAT, ONLY ONE THING.... I STILL CANNOT SLLEP ON MY STOMACHE AND HAVE PAIN SOMETIMES WHERE MY PORT IS ON MY LEFT SIDE. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS? MY DOCOTR SAYS IT'S NORMAL, JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE IS GOING THROUGH THIS ALSO??? THANKS IN ADVANCE.</p> P.S I GET MY FIRST FILL ON 10/17/2007.

Rubal...i had surgery on 9/19 and also still have pain sometimes in my left side...it is normal because of the retractors they use during the surgery....it will stop as time goes by....6- 8 weeks usually....

Rubal, I too was banded around your date and still have trouble. There are even times I feel it "pull". It is getting easier, just not "normal" yet.

Eastxnurse - I love Dr. Carter - he is very friendly and caring. How far east tx are you? I am in Terrell. He is well worth the drive too! Have you called the office yet? They are very nice in there too! He won't do my fills until the third month though. Not sure if he would do yours early or not, would have to call and find out to be sure.

BigBoy,

No I haven't had a fill yet. I'm due to get one on the 25th of this month. Yea it is really nice to get off the liquid stage. Aren't you in the soft food stage yet?

RUBALCAVA

the pain slowly goes away. I thought my portal was on the incision on my left side but now think differently. It seems to be under the long top incision. Once the swelling goes away (which mone has) you can feel it as a hard round area.