Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September bandsters out there???

I thought you had to wait 6 weeks to start working out?

Im looking forward to getting back in the gym

What are you folks taking for Protein. Im taking the IDS fruit punch with 42 grams, its good but expensive

My dr makes his own proetein shakes, and it has 21 grams and I add 8 grams with my milk and have a 29 oz one. My dr only says I need 25 grams of Protein a day - doesn't that seem low?

Wat to go eastxnurse! Keep up the good work - aren't you so glad you did it?

Bigboy - my friends hubby is obvisously a male and he has to take in only 30 (advice from same surgeon). I have an Aunt that was banded in May and has to take in between 60-85 I believe. She has lost some hair and was told she didn't take in enough Protein and that is why her hair is falling out? Have you heard of that one?

I think that because BIGBOY is going to work out heavy then he will need a lot of extra Protein because he is building muscle.

Also, I have heard that a lot of people who have this surgery lose hair. Can't figure it except it must be lack of protein.

poohlvr,

my doc says 60-80g of protein/day, but it is the same for her lapband and gastric bypass patients. Maybe she just does it for everyone. Theoretically lapband patients shouldn't need as much Protein as gastric bypass. If your doc says 25 and you aren't having problems then I wouldn't worry. the only thing I guess is that I find that the more protein that I have the less hungry I feel. I'm not sure anyone knows why some people's hair falls out. I have heard protein, Biotin, multiple different Vitamins etc. I know if mine starts to go I will start taking them all :confused:.

Your all doing great, I've done alot of research and different weight loss is exspected , I had surgery at 212 pounds, due to health problems,I'm now 11 days post band and have loss 16 pounds...I started walking yesterday...I hope to atleast another 66 pounds to get to 130........Gods Blessings to all.....212/196/130

My doc has me on a min. of 60- if you follow the guidelines of only eating 3 small meals a day-you would not get very close to getting enough Protein in simply from food- that is why most docs recommend 2-3 Protein Drinks per day, plus your meals.

Hi:

My name is StarrrPassion/ Francine and I was banded on 9/24/07....doing the complete liquid stage... Just taking one day @ a time.... Some soreness but feeling stronger & stronger every day !!!!!!

~ Francine ~

Hi Francine,

I can't wait to move from the liquid stage. I almost hate going anywhere right now because everytime I smell food, I have to get out quick (so I'm not tempted.)

Hi:

My name is StarrrPassion/ Francine and I was banded on 9/24/07....doing the complete liquid stage... Just taking one day @ a time.... Some soreness but feeling stronger & stronger every day !!!!!!

~ Francine ~

I was banded 6 days before you and each day gets better and better. I am on mushies and feeling better about the variety of foods. I was getting a lil sick of Soup Soup soup.

I thought you had to wait 6 weeks to start working out?

Im looking forward to getting back in the gym

What are you folks taking for Protein. Im taking the IDS fruit punch with 42 grams, its good but expensive

Ask your doctor. Mine said to start walking the very next day for as long and far as you feel comfortable. Then at the 2 week point, do whatever you like in the gym, including free-weights.

ask your doctor.