Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September bandsters out there???

I am in dallas, Have my follow up appt today

Hang in there mermaid, fyi I get a lot of my Protein from

this, it tastes good and is easy:

Introducing the most convenient delivery of protein ever conceived! New Whey Liquid Protein from IDS is revolutionizing protein supplementation! NEW whey delivers 42 grams of pure protein with no carbs or fat in a 2.9 ounce serving! Perfectly conceived convenience, consumed in as little as three seconds! With its patent pending virtually indestructible packaging, NEW WHEY can be taken anywhere conveniently and easily. No messy mixing of powders, & no messy clean up. NEW WHEY contains NO unnecessary calories seen in “Protein Bars”! NEW WHEY is the ideal protein supplement for people on the go!

go the the doctor mermaid! This is not suppose to be losing weight time anyway... you have to heal. If we lose, it is a bonus. Walk, walk, walk !!! Drink, drink, drink... Remember to only eat 1/2 cup of food. I have the same surgery date. I am HUNGRY too but I drink now instead of eating when I get that pain. You can do this...

Mermaid - don't give up. Go to your dr and check in. That is the only way he will find out what problems (like hunger) you are having and be able to help you (give you a fill)! Hang in there, not everyone loses right after surgery, that is why they give fills! I have my two week check up this afternoon, just meeting with a nutricianist!

Thanks guys! I've talked myself into keeping my appointment with Dr. Evil tomorrow. I'm going to ask if I can have a fill at 5wks instead of waiting until 6wks. Even if it doesn't help me physically I think it will help to jump start me mentally. At any rate.... I've got to get my butt in gear. Maybe having it "kicked" tomorrow will get it moving forward! Wish me luck September buddies!

Mermaid - I am the same. I lost 13lbs the first week. Since I started eating mushies and soft food I went up 4lbs which I think was me not getting enough Water in. I have worked at it and since then lost 3lbs. Which gives me a total weightloss since surgery of 12lbs. I am just trying to maintain until I get my first fill. Everyone thinks I have lost more weight than I have, including my husband. It might be inches that I am losing but it is definately not on the scale. ^_^

Just hang in there.

I agree with kellymovinon....don't make this Dr. Evil intimidate you or make you feel bad. Keep us posted and let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Just remember - this is just a small part of the big picture. Don't feel like a failure.

:whoo:

MERMAID

I am completely with KELLYMOVINON 's advice. Try to remember that you hired the doctor and thus he is a servent to you...that attitude may help balance out your feelings. Also you are losing weight for YOU and not for the doc.

I was banded just a few days after you (Sept 11) and according to my surgeons scale I also had gained about 4 pounds. Seemed like I was more obsessed with food on the pre-op diet. :hungry:After surgery my weight loss has been slow. At first it was less than a pound a week. The lst week the pounds are dropping fast. Yesterday I had lost 10 pounds since surgery and today I gained 1 &1/2 pounds back.

From what I understand the real weight loss doesn't happen until after your first fill and even more so when you reach what banders call 'the sweet spot'.

Again stat rethinking why you had the surgery. It was not for the doctor, it was for you.:whoo:

MERMAID

I am completely with KELLYMOVINON 's advice. Try to remember that you hired the doctor and thus he is a servent to you...that attitude may help balance out your feelings. Also you are losing weight for YOU and not for the doc.

I was banded just a few days after you (Sept 11) and according to my surgeons scale I also had gained about 4 pounds. Seemed like I was more obsessed with food on the pre-op diet. :hungry:After surgery my weight loss has been slow. At first it was less than a pound a week. The lst week the pounds are dropping fast. Yesterday I had lost 10 pounds since surgery and today I gained 1 &1/2 pounds back.

From what I understand the real weight loss doesn't happen until after your first fill and even more so when you reach what banders call 'the sweet spot'.

Again stat rethinking why you had the surgery. It was not for the doctor, it was for you.:whoo:

What is a "sweet spot"?

What is a "sweet spot"?

This is a description under FAQs and References

SWEET SPOT= when you're losing 1-2 lbs/week on average over time and your sensible meals are making you full, so you don’t get physically hungry again for a good 3 to 4 hours

Just got back from the Dr. Only 1 more pound down since my 2wk post-op visit. He was nice today though. Didn't fuss like I was expecting and have experienced before! Thanks goodness. My first fill is scheduled for October 22nd. I can't wait!

Mermaid - I am glad things went better for you yesterday at the Doctors. :clap2:

As for me....the scale has not moved for me in almost 2 weeks and I was getting a little down about it. But yesterday I had to go shopping for a couple of new clothing items including some workout wear and I am down a size. I love the no scale verification (NSV) that this is working. It is not showing on the scale but I am definately seeing it in my clothes. I didn't want to go out and spend money knowing that I probably would shrink out of it soon, but in hindsight this has given me motivation to work through this bandster hell and maintain...maybe even lose a few pounds in the process.

Have a great weekend September Bandsters.

If you have a NSV - please share it. :whoo:

BIGBOYTX

I've found that the noncondensed Soups taste great, especially because they are hot. Take the veggies, noodles out and purie them then toss back into Soup. Last night I found that canned ravioli is very soft and worked (but I am banded 9 days before you were)

My nsv- went to the mall the other day and thought I would try some clothes on- I am down 2 sizes! yay!

My nsv- went to the mall the other day and thought I would try some clothes on- I am down 2 sizes! yay!

;):Banane42::) Woo Hoo and some dancing bananas for you!