Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September bandsters out there???

Time4me--my diet is SUPPOSED to be three Protein Shakes a day. That's it (well, I can also have chicken broth and sugar free popsicles but I stopped doing the chicken broth because of all the sodium). After gaining another pound yesterday I threw a tantrum and ate a salad with tuna (not tuna salad) and low fat low carb Salad Dressing. I'm getting really discouraged.

Wow - thanks for the uplifting post want2bmeagain! That is great! I am glad that you will be my bandsister too!

Ok everyone, I am trying to update earlier tonight! Good luck to September 14th bandsters! Lap-bandit, rwel4, wannabthin, smallbodytobe, and Kimmie!

Also good luck to September 15th bandster - hope it is right, A Saturday surgery? Good luck to Kelly5bellies!

Good luck everyone! Keep us posted with progress!

Ok everyone, I have added a poll under the September 07 bandsters monthy group to chose a name for us. Please vote soon! I will go with the one selected the most close to the end of the month! Vote Vote Vote!!! Thanks everyone!

I'm now 3 days out, and today is the first day that the pain has subsided somewhat. I am so happy I made the decision to get banded~now I can't wait for the swollen tummy to deflate some!

I do think heading into my band date was much worse mentally than since the surgery. I was a flippin mess ~ just terrified! The mental part is doing ok, and my doc is very reasonable with what we can have for liquids. His concern is DO NOT THROW UP!! Besides that, he said to try in liquids what I am comfortable with, and take my time trying. I have been so hungry, that today I am trying watered down Campbells cream of potato soup..I put it in the blender long enough to liquify all the potato chunks, but not too long or it gets frothy (yuk)! It is helping with the hunger ~ woo hoo!

I am wrestling with different Protein Drinks, so hopefully they will be fully on board soon!

Up until today, I had been crushing my prescription pills I had ~ OH MY GAWD ~ horrible and bitter in juice. So, today I am using my pill splitter, and splitting till I have really little pieces, and taking one piece with a sip of Water. It takes longer, but I don't taste the nasty bitter taste!

What a learning experience!

How are the rest of you feeling? Have you learned any tricks to get through this time?

Also Sept 11 - I've been on Water and crystal light only. AARRGGH - It was kinda like loosing on Survivor. Today I got 3 TBSp of chicken broth which really seemed to stablize me. Set up a schedule for meds to keep them straight and on schedule. I'm trying to cut back on pain killers and find that massage and warm compresses on sore back muscles is helping. Really working on that positive attitude. sleep is a Godsend any time of the day. God bless us all.

weight.png

Well, I guess I'm not a September Bandster anymore. I just Had gall bladder surgery 2 days ago, and the doctor said my liver is very enlarged! I was so disappointed to hear this. I had been on a liquid diet for nearly two weeks. So anyway, I won't get a new band date untill Sept. 25. I feel like I'm starting all over again!:think

artzygirl - You have had a rough go of it. I can't imagine having 2 surgeries in under 2 weeks. Hang in there. Your Dr. is only looking out for your health, and not to punish you with an extra long liquid preop.;)

You will have a better recovery if go into the surgery with a smaller liver. The date will be here before you know it!! We are all here for you. :)

I'm now 3 days out, and today is the first day that the pain has subsided somewhat. I am so happy I made the decision to get banded~now I can't wait for the swollen tummy to deflate some!

I do think heading into my band date was much worse mentally than since the surgery. I was a flippin mess ~ just terrified! The mental part is doing ok, and my doc is very reasonable with what we can have for liquids. His concern is DO NOT THROW UP!! Besides that, he said to try in liquids what I am comfortable with, and take my time trying. I have been so hungry, that today I am trying watered down Campbells cream of potato soup..I put it in the blender long enough to liquify all the potato chunks, but not too long or it gets frothy (yuk)! It is helping with the hunger ~ woo hoo!

I am wrestling with different Protein Drinks, so hopefully they will be fully on board soon!

Up until today, I had been crushing my prescription pills I had ~ OH MY GAWD ~ horrible and bitter in juice. So, today I am using my pill splitter, and splitting till I have really little pieces, and taking one piece with a sip of Water. It takes longer, but I don't taste the nasty bitter taste!

What a learning experience!

How are the rest of you feeling? Have you learned any tricks to get through this time?

That is such a good idea about the pill splitter, I need to go and get one. I have had to crush my pills and have tried taking them in juice, gatorade... you name it and they are HORRIBLE!!! :omg: I actually dread taking my meds each day! AUGHHH!!! So, thanks for the info, I had hated doing this whole crushing thing!!! Also, I have been drinking the Protein Drink called whey Protein by Body Fortress. I found it at Wal-Mart, it is pretty reasonable as far as price and it has 46 grams of protein. I blend it with a cup of soy milk and some ice and I think it tastes great. I am pretty picky about most Protein Shakes and have not really found one I like until this one! Hope that helps!:)

Had surgery on the 12th of September....everything is going well...besides I tried the broth on my third day and it didnt make me feel very good...Other than that I am doing good on the Protein Shakes and also crystal light and water...Once the gas is all gone I think I will feel great....

I read what everyone was saying about the pills....that has not been an issue with me yet....They seem to go down fine...Even if people cant do the protein....stay hydrated...

Well guys I have 6 days till surgery. I too am going through a little bit of the mental part you all talked about. I am so nervous, but I know this is the right decision. I am not turning back. I go to Houston TX on thur. pre-op stuff. Friday is surgery day. ( With DR.FRANK FELTS ) I will be returning to work on tues. so I am hoping for a quick recovery!!!! Congrats to all you other sept. banders!!!! Your stories have helped me through this process. THANK-YOU!

Proud to be a sept 07 bander!!!!! Gary

Hi, banded Sept 11 and I added skim milk to my diet. Been on Clear Liquids and nice for something different. Everytime I eat my insides roar and I end up on the pot. Guess this is normal. Did everyone else have to be on antibiotics? I've been on them since after surgery.

Otherwise all went great and i'm ready to loose my over preg. belly. Someday soon I hope.

WANTTOBEMEAGAIN

When you put the pill in your mouth put one of those Listerine strips in too. That helps. I have an awful lot of meds to take so I grind them up and mix them in a little juice, swollow fast and stick a mint strip in mouth.

PUG4life

you won't be able to lift anything over 10 pounds on Tue. also you may find yourself tired and need more sleep. Good luck

Wow - so much information here! First off, Artzygirl, I am so sad for you. I was denied by insurance the first go around and I was a mental mess! I cried and cried. I hope that you get a date soon and will be able to still get the band. Even if you are a October bandster, you are still welcome to stay with us! Even though you might want someone closer to you date, we totally understand. Just know that we haven't given up on you and hope that we can still continue the journey with you!!! *Hugs*

Illdeal - welcome to our group of September bandsters! I am glad to hear that you are doing well with your surgery and diet! Woohoo, that is always good news!

Puglvr4life - Do you do a hard labor kinda job? Wow, going back that quick! I hope you are a quick healer! Some people can go back that early and some can't. Please just take it slow and easy!

NMSunshine - your belly will be gone before you know it! Did you take before surgery pics? I have already started a scrapbook with it ready for the first five months. I plan on taking pictures every month and my measurements to add to it! I am so excited!