Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regret, depression & anxiety

You also could be having withdrawals from pain meds etc.... That is what happened to me. By God's grace and mercy I am doing much better. I am praying for you.

I have looked into everything possible, i talked to my doctor i will double up on my gerd medications, i saw my pcp today and were going to do liquid anti depressants, i also started my vitimans today, and i have a therapist that i see in tommorow

Just trying to weed out somethings i think my fear is i will never be normal again ..all my food have to be packed ..ill never enjoy eating out again, my doctor cleared me to eat regular foods..i was thinking of chipotle something small to make me feel normal and give me hope.to show me i can eat out again in life just alter some life choices

I had some boiled eggs today and they came back up..guess i can take that off the menu..definitely trial and error but im scared of pain and just didn't invision the mental aspext to be so bothered by these changes that were for the better

You can eat out. Look at a menu online. Most chains have them. Pick one high Protein item. Stay away from Tomato, citrus and spicy since it may trigger the acid. Then go get it and eat. Don't try to eat it all, just try to eat. Make sure you take small bites and chew slow. My first meal out was iHop. I ordered and omelette and got fruit as the side. I probably ate less than a quarter of it and maybe one bite of fruit. Still it was nice to be able to go out to eat, sit at a table and eat.

Anna I am worried about you. I am not keeping track but it seems that you are quite frequently posting about a sense of dispair and somehow I can't seem to follow what us happening.

Dang phones and typos but I think you said it is your complications that give you that hopelessness? Is it GERD or something else.

I would really like to give you the support you are seeking.

I commend you for keeping coming back to ask for help..that takes some.guts to do that.[/quote

Im one of the ones who hv the bad side effects

@@anna9/15 --

@@proudgrammy suggested taking part in an in-person support group, an excellent suggestion that I was going to make. Everything is still new to you and there's much to learn. Before my surgery I attended a couple of meetings. Then and at meetings after, I was miserable thinking that I must have a low IQ. I remember saying at a meeting that I must be too dumb to be able to do it. The pieces do start falling into place, of course, Taking part in this online group is good, but seeing other people in person is an even better way to sort things out, including your emotions, expectations and more.

Meetings are usually monthly. If your hospital doesn't have a support group, call the bariatric practices at other hospitals in the area. They all usually welcome patients from other practices because it costs nothing to have someone sit in to talk with the group.

Laurie

@@anna9/15, I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling.

It is not uncommon to struggle with erratic feelings and emotions soon after surgery. Our bodies are still recovering and our hormones are out of whack for a while due to rapid weight loss.

For some of us, who have used food to regulate our moods and cope with stress, not having that crutch can make it especially difficult.

I am not familiar with your story so I have to ask:

Are you able to get in all of your Protein and fluids every day? If you aren't getting enough Protein and are dehydrated, you are going to feel crappy. Protein and Water are so critical for healing.

You mention that you have just started Vitamins. I know that being Vitamin deficient may contribute to lack of energy, etc.

Are you able to exercise at all?

I agree with the suggestion of finding an in-person support group and am glad to hear you have appointments with your NUT and a therapist.

Keep seeking help and keep reaching out here.

You will get through this.

@@anna9/15, I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling.

It is not uncommon to struggle with erratic feelings and emotions soon after surgery. Our bodies are still recovering and our hormones are out of whack for a while due to rapid weight loss.

For some of us, who have used food to regulate our moods and cope with stress, not having that crutch can make it especially difficult.

I am not familiar with your story so I have to ask:

Are you able to get in all of your Protein and fluids every day? If you aren't getting enough Protein and are dehydrated, you are going to feel crappy. Protein and Water are so critical for healing.

You mention that you have just started Vitamins. I know that being Vitamin deficient may contribute to lack of energy, etc.

Are you able to exercise at all?

I agree with the suggestion of finding an in-person support group and am glad to hear you have appointments with your NUT and a therapist.

Keep seeking help and keep reaching out here.

You will get through this.

Yes thats a part im so use to having what i want to eat and that's not a option right now..also scared to try new food, as far as Water and protien i am doing the min required by my surgeon at the moment.

@@anna9/15 --

@@proudgrammy suggested taking part in an in-person support group, an excellent suggestion that I was going to make. Everything is still new to you and there's much to learn. Before my surgery I attended a couple of meetings. Then and at meetings after, I was miserable thinking that I must have a low IQ. I remember saying at a meeting that I must be too dumb to be able to do it. The pieces do start falling into place, of course, Taking part in this online group is good, but seeing other people in person is an even better way to sort things out, including your emotions, expectations and more.

Meetings are usually monthly. If your hospital doesn't have a support group, call the bariatric practices at other hospitals in the area. They all usually welcome patients from other practices because it costs nothing to have someone sit in to talk with the group.

Laurie

We do have groups and i plan on attending as many as possible

I cant be in this alone

You're not. I'm glad that you'll be going to the group meetings. It means a lot to know that we're not the only ones who are having a hard time. And, when your feelings change to the other direction, it'll be great that you're still not the only one.

I am sorry to be so dense but I can't understand what bad side effects you are having. @@anna9/15 I don't mean to be pushy but if you want to talk offline just message me. I am no medical expert but maybe I can share experiences and give you encouragement from the "other side" - I have maintained a major weight loss post sleeve and seem to have found a good lifestyle with being sleeved.

Take care and keep thinking positive!!!

Anna I am worried about you. I am not keeping track but it seems that you are quite frequently posting about a sense of dispair and somehow I can't seem to follow what us happening.

Dang phones and typos but I think you said it is your complications that give you that hopelessness? Is it GERD or something else.

I would really like to give you the support you are seeking.

I commend you for keeping coming back to ask for help..that takes some.guts to do that.[/quote

Im one of the ones who hv the bad side effects

Anna I am praying that you overcome your struggles.

Ty...just trying to find some balance