Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regret, depression & anxiety

@@anna9/15 All of this is normal, but are you able to pinpoint exactly what is leading to any particular emotion? How has your progress been?

From what i was taught. It would be a smaller stomach and some changes in eating habits with smaller portions..now that its done.its so much conflicting information on Vitamins, my.body is scared to eat, my gerd flair ups are every night, im sluggish and lost all motivation, i cant sleep at night and im always crying and feeling so regretful

I work in a call center and the environment is kinda sgressful.i have to get my head in the game before work in a week

If JUST had surgery, what you are going through is completely normal. I think nearly every single one of us goes through that "OMG! What have I done?!?!?" phase in the first couple of weeks. I promise you it gets so much better! You WILL feel "normal" again. It just takes a little time, healing, and adaptation. It's so hard to establish your new routine, get your Vitamins, Protein, and Water in, and even just stay awake the whole day in the beginning! I really struggled with the fatigue until a I was back on solid foods and was finally able to get enough calories in for minimum body function.

Hang in there. Follow your program to the letter. Don't try to push yourself too far too fast. You may be going straight to bed after work the first week or two. That's pretty much what I had to do. But I eventually got to where I could eat enough and was able to make it through the whole day.

Now, I'm 14 months post-op and that is all a DISTANT memory. I have a happy, healthy, NORMAL life. I'm maintaining at my goal weight. I feel great! And you will too!

Work with your doctor on getting your GERD under control. That will go a long way to helping you feel better about your decision.

Everyone says it gets better but when your expeoring these sode effcts it seems like that day is never coming

I reached out to them waiting on a reply

If JUST had surgery, what you are going through is completely normal. I think nearly every single one of us goes through that "OMG! What have I done?!?!?" phase in the first couple of weeks. I promise you it gets so much better! You WILL feel "normal" again. It just takes a little time, healing, and adaptation. It's so hard to establish your new routine, get your Vitamins, Protein, and Water in, and even just stay awake the whole day in the beginning! I really struggled with the fatigue until a I was back on solid foods and was finally able to get enough calories in for minimum body function.

Hang in there. Follow your program to the letter. Don't try to push yourself too far too fast. You may be going straight to bed after work the first week or two. That's pretty much what I had to do. But I eventually got to where I could eat enough and was able to make it through the whole day.

Now, I'm 14 months post-op and that is all a DISTANT memory. I have a happy, healthy, NORMAL life. I'm maintaining at my goal weight. I feel great! And you will too!

Im.going i to week 7, i just knew energy would be better by now

How many calories are you getting per day now, roughly? When I was only getting 400-450 a day, it was really rough. When I got up to 600 it was a lot better. When I got over 800 it was MUCH better.

As for the GERD, does your surgeon have you on a PPI? My surgeon gives a two month prescription for omeprazole to all of his patients. That really helped keep my GERD in check, though I was never able to go off of it. I just take it daily with my Vitamins and it's no big deal.

Regret, depression & anxiety - I can't be in this alone

@@anna9/15

it must be hard having WLS with no one around to help/answer your questions

your medical team (nut/doc) "should" be around to help you

ask any and all questions

don't be shy or feel any question is "stupid"

talk to your doc immediately about the gerd

hopefully the "pill" they might suggest will work for you sooner than later

you'll read/get a lot of good info/suggestions/experiences on this board

listen to them all

but at the end of the day ONLY listen to your NUT or doc :)

Vitamin, eating, drinking problems/question should go to NUT

ask doc's office people to direct you to a support group

possibly your hospital has a group

need motivation??

your health will improve :rolleyes:

physical problem should decrease or disappear totally

you should feel better about yourself, more confident

the fact that your appearance will improve - that's not bad either :rolleyes:

remember the saying "keep your eyes on the prize" (something like that)

get some tissues and wipe your pretty eyes ;)

take care bud

big huggggs :rolleyes:

kathy

I have a. Nut and surgeon, i come here for the amazing support everyday i experience ten diffrent emotions and its always good to hear success stories..the nut and doctors cant relate to that part

Hi Anna,

There are lots of peolpe out here hoping the best for you. Your in it to win it now cause there is no turning back.

Please feel free to contact me when your down, crying or just need some one to listen to how your feeling. As every one has stated it does improve with time.

This may not solve your gerds but at least help discomfort, I stopped all Vitamins and supplements by early evening…since doing this all my acid reflux has disappeared. I just make sure all are consumed in am and by mid-pm.

Maybe there is some thing we can help you plan for your day or just have a more direct contact with you, want to help because I want you to feel a peace with yourself as you move forward and not regret. Anyway, out here if it helps. pmj

We all have been right where you are. I would say the first 1-5 weeks were the hardest. I am 3 months out from surgery and still have bad days every once in a while. If it helps let your doctor know you want to see a counselor. They will be able to help you with adjusting into a different coping mechanism. I work in a counseling call center as an administrative assistant but I have to hear the counseling side of the conversations and it does add more stress to the day. Before you go back to work find a good stress reducer. Walking helps and I have even started coloring in those adult coloring books.

As far as the gerd. Let your surgeon know. I have an Pepcid AC tablets until 2 weeks out. He told me I could stop them and see if it got better. If it didn't I was to keep taking them. As your weight comes off it gets better.

You started on this journey for a reason. Remember all the reasons why you started and keep them close. Think about them everyday. Follow your surgeons plans and you will feel back to normal and even better than you did before surgery.

Edited by kamolloy11

It gets so much better I promise! I was in the same boat as you were. I regretted my decision and it made me cry all the time. I'm not 2 months out, 41lbs down and to be honest I forget I had surgery. I have to remind myself sometimes because I feel normal.

You will get there. Talk to your doctor about the GERD/Acid Reflux they can help. Also tell them that you are dealing with these feelings. They are there to help you and to hold your hand the first few weeks/months after surgery. This surgery is a BIG DEAL a lot of people forget that. It's not minor and it changes not only our bodies but our minds. If you don't get the help or support you need how are you suppose to be successful? It will be ok, I promise you it will. Take it one day at a time and pick up the phone to call your doctor.

Anna I am worried about you. I am not keeping track but it seems that you are quite frequently posting about a sense of dispair and somehow I can't seem to follow what us happening.

Dang phones and typos but I think you said it is your complications that give you that hopelessness? Is it GERD or something else.

I would really like to give you the support you are seeking.

I commend you for keeping coming back to ask for help..that takes some.guts to do that.