Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You go rose.

I am starting to let those who are close to me at my work know. Last Friday... one of the guys I work with told me that I dont need to do this surgery. He told me that I dont love myself because If I did, I would work hard to lose my weight without surgical intervention. Instead of pleading my case, I told him... "as my friend, I would hope you would be supportive but if not, thats ok too because I made my decision for myself and not anyone else". I find that those individuals that have lost the weight naturally are usually the ones that cry the loudest at those of us that choose to have weightloss surgery.

you can let him know this is NO EASY WAY OUT. sure the first 20lbs or so come off easy but after that you have to work just like anyone else. sure. you won't be able to binge. but you can still screw it up by not eating right and not exercising. it's not an easy way out. i've learned that the hard way over these last six weeks.

Good point and soooo... true PR_pitbullgrl! When we were talking.... I didnt even think of all of that. I know I will hear things from people and rumors... just cause people are so shady about what "we are doing for ourselves" that Im prepared for these types of comments. Thanks for that good advice. How are you doing by the way??? How are you feeling... any new weightloss?

@Rose1up!its something i wouldnt have been able to say to someone until now - post surgery so i understand that you didn't think of it then. i went away for a while cuz i was pretty pissed off feeling like i had wasted 12k on this surgery but i'm doing better now. just needed to get my head in the game.

i'm down to 206 today. i stalled for a while but i was also really sick for a few weeks and it felt like i couldn't eat anything at all AND i was stalled at 211 for ever. but then i started getting my eating in order and just this week started working out and it's working. so im lowering the carbs and calories and working out and the weight is shifting.

once i wrapped my head around the fact that calorie deficit due to surgery isn't enough and i would have to put in some work - things started changing for me.

@Rose1up!its something i wouldnt have been able to say to someone until now - post surgery so i understand that you didn't think of it then. i went away for a while cuz i was pretty pissed off feeling like i had wasted 12k on this surgery but i'm doing better now. just needed to get my head in the game.

i'm down to 206 today. i stalled for a while but i was also really sick for a few weeks and it felt like i couldn't eat anything at all AND i was stalled at 211 for ever. but then i started getting my eating in order and just this week started working out and it's working. so im lowering the carbs and calories and working out and the weight is shifting.

once i wrapped my head around the fact that calorie deficit due to surgery isn't enough and i would have to put in some work - things started changing for me.

Most definitely. ... gotta put in the work. This is why we chose this path and as you menioned, this isnt the easy way out. The surgery will speed up our weightloss however we need to also follow strict diet for a year. Dr. Soong said that during the first 6 months is where peoplw lose thier weight the fastest but its recommended that we follow our diet rules for a year. Im going to follow excatly by the book. How did you handle your eating for Thanksgiving today? Hope you are feeling better and that your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

The first six months? Are you sure he didn't say the first six weeks? I lost the first 20 in about four weeks and then that was it. nothing else came off until I started working out watching my carbs and dieting just like anybody else.

Thanksgiving was fine I can't eat **** so it was really no struggle for me. I started the day with fasted cardio. I hope you had a wonderful day today.

Edited by pr_pitbullgrl

The first six months? Are you sure he didn't say the first six weeks? I lost the first 20 in about four weeks and then that was it. nothing else came off until I started working out watching my carbs and dieting just like anybody else.

Thanksgiving was fine I can't eat **** so it was really no struggle for me. I started the day with fasted cardio. I hope you had a wonderful day today.

Yes he said the first 6 months. Hope you are doing well.

My Surgery date got moved up... Surgery moved from Feb 1 to January 6, 2016. Im excited that its finally moving along... I will be a Sleever from that date forward. Hope you all are doing well.

My Surgery date got moved up... Surgery moved from Feb 1 to January 6, 2016. Im excited that its finally moving along... I will be a Sleever from that date forward. Hope you all are doing well.

Congrats!!

Woop!. Starting at 229 today. According to hospital scale. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1444235720.790173.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1444235730.875718.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1444235743.492104.jpg

Why are the robes for like six hundred pound people?. Even the socks are huge!

When I went in for my surgery the pre-op area was just getting started (6 am) so people were relatively quiet. As soon as the nurse walked in and saw my pre-op gown laying on the bed she announced, so loud it echoed, "Ohhh, yes, you're getting the Vertical Sleeve!! I better get you a bigger gown!!" (Which I was literally swimming in).

She also announced my weight loudly through the hall and then said, "Have you lost any weight??" ????

hi guys. sorry i been off - i just been kinda bitchy lately bout the whole surgery/weight thing. i'm fine tho. hit onderland today and have no real complaints bout the weight loss since i'm not really trying that hard and i'm still losing. i mean i try a little - i don't eat carbs that much and i don't pig out (not possible anyways) and i work out sometimes but i'm not killing myself so i'm not upset bout the weight.

i guess my biggest gripe is i don't really enjoy food anymore and i can't really eat solid/dry things. i can't really eat bread or solid meat (steak etc). but on the other hand i don't really watch what i eat either. i been living on summer sausage and cheese lately. summer sausage isn't exactly low fat and it's yummy so that's kinda nice. i don't feel like i'm being deprived. and when i do eat/drink something bad like a gatorade or whatever i don't feel that bad.

i worked out this am and had a Protein shake and am starting on my Water so i can try to get back on the straight and narrow. i wanted to be 180 by december 15th but that didn't happy. but hey i'm only 19lbs away from that so i'll knuckle down these next few weeks and push it. i feel pretty decent physically. as far as how i look. but 180 would make me feel REALLY decent lol.

good thing is i'm not worried about holiday eating cuz i can't eat any of that stuff anyways. in our family it's usually a pork roast and rice and fried plantains and i can't really eat any of that so i'm not worried bout holiday weight gain. sad i can't enjoy it but it is what it is.

i'm trying to enjoy other things but i never realized how many things in life are centered around eating. let's "go out to dinner" is always the thing people ask you when you're going to socialize. or let's grab a drink (i can't/don't really drink anymore either) so it's like. ummmm....ok. now what? but it's all good. i'm coming to terms with it.

the skinnier i get the easier it is to deal with the sacrifices lol. happy holidays all.

hi ya'll. merry whatever doesn't offend you. :P things are ok. still not eating well cuz im bad at the slow tiny bites thing but i'm working out SUPERhard and trying to get my Protein in wherever i can. mostly shakes and yogurt. i got into some real old jeans yesterday. i was super excited bout it. they aren't skinny jeans per se but they are skinniER jeans and i felt good all day about it. did crunches today for the first time and it seemed fine. i started slow with 20 and will increase as it goes. down almost 40lbs. will be excited to hit 50lbs down. happy holidays ya'll. 12421594_10207834133028531_633544430_n.j

The pageant queen is on the come back. You look wonderful!????

@@retrieverguy thank you my friend. slowly but surely ;)

sometimes. you don't realize how huge you are until you see it in a photo. that was the case with this photo. here's my before and during. let's get some photos going guys! how is everyone doing? include stats :)

surgery october 7

sw 232

cw 193

702934_10207856813915539_116963988_n.jpg

1618573_10207858598880162_62538543152923