Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Reading your posts have been great for me and it seems getting ourselves into a routine is key. The people feeling good seem to have a solid well-planned routine. Sometimes creating a routine that will work for us takes time.

I think we should all take a deep breath. Many of us are not fulfilling our Water and Protein requirement. And this is ok. As we can eat and drink more, we will.

Many of us are not losing weight (at all) or as quickly as we had hoped. And this is okay. As we're able to eat and drink and exercise more, we will.

We got this! There is no perfect journey. And I imagine if we look to how we ate before starting this journey, we have all made amazing lifestyle changes.

Let's take a pause to pat ourselves on the back and breath. It's going to work. It simply will!

Lol. They had me drinking 5 ounces an hour before I even left the hospital. Another example of how different doctors do things differently. I still can't drink just plain Water - even in baby sips because it hurts! But I can pretty much drink warm broth at a regular pace. I found I can get my water in much better if it is warm and was thinking of trying some unsweetened apple cider to see how that tastes. I can drink Powerade zero pretty well, but have to go much slower than the broth. I still get 32 oz in early in the day so I don't have to worry so much about it during the day. I don't think water stays in the stomach very long - probably wouldn't stretch the stomach unless we guzzled it. That being said, I find the farther I am out from surgery the easier it is to drink

Also, until just a couple of days ago I could only eat about 1/4 cup - less for chicken and tuna. Today I can eat about a half cup - if almost by magic! I am 3 was 2 days out. Being able to eat almost 1/2 cup for most things really helps to get the Protein in

Oh, today was such a relief! I'm feeling so much better today than I have. No dizzy spells, I haven't felt overly sleepy, and I went for a long walk around my neighborhood...and found out my lovely red peacoat is getting baggy!

I was able to tolerate 3oz of tuna salad for lunch, and I found some herb and garlic tilapia in the frozen foods section that my belly seems to like. Getting in more Protein and pounding down Powerade zero the last day or so has really made a difference.

@@Mogwaicat glad your feeling better! I seem to like fish now better than before, strange!

@@miiasan I put a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder in my Powerade zero everyday, not sure if you have tried this.

glad your able to eat more!

@@anewme2015 A routine is definatly helping me!! Thank-you for the positive feed back, I sometimes need a pat on the back!

@@60&goin4it yeah, I supplement with unflavored Protein powder here and there, but I find that whey protein changes my sense of smell and taste for about 8 hours and upsets my bowels. When I had to drink Protein Shakes and use the powder exclusively to get my protein in I did what I had to, but felt pretty awful. Perhaps my reaction to whey protein will change in time but I am so glad that I can get most of my protein in with food now. Makes life so much easier and I have so much more energy.

@@60&goin4it yeah, I supplement with unflavored Protein Powder here and there, but I find that whey Protein changes my sense of smell and taste for about 8 hours and upsets my bowels. When I had to drink Protein Shakes and use the powder exclusively to get my protein in I did what I had to, but felt pretty awful. Perhaps my reaction to whey protein will change in time but I am so glad that I can get most of my protein in with food now. Makes life so much easier and I have so much more energy.

I still can't tolerate whey protein. It just makes me feel so gross after I try to drink it...no real explanation as to why. I've had much better luck with soy or egg white protein.

I will have to look for those.

Reading your posts have been great for me and it seems getting ourselves into a routine is key. The people feeling good seem to have a solid well-planned routine. Sometimes creating a routine that will work for us takes time.

I think we should all take a deep breath. Many of us are not fulfilling our Water and Protein requirement. And this is ok. As we can eat and drink more, we will.

Many of us are not losing weight (at all) or as quickly as we had hoped. And this is okay. As we're able to eat and drink and exercise more, we will.

We got this! There is no perfect journey. And I imagine if we look to how we ate before starting this journey, we have all made amazing lifestyle changes.

Let's take a pause to pat ourselves on the back and breath. It's going to work. It simply will!

@@anewme2015 - well said! I like that phrase, too… "There is no perfect journey" :)

Oh, today was such a relief! I'm feeling so much better today than I have. No dizzy spells, I haven't felt overly sleepy, and I went for a long walk around my neighborhood...and found out my lovely red peacoat is getting baggy!

I was able to tolerate 3oz of tuna salad for lunch, and I found some herb and garlic tilapia in the frozen foods section that my belly seems to like. Getting in more Protein and pounding down Powerade zero the last day or so has really made a difference.

Don't you just love discovering things in your closet that fit so much better now! :) I do! :)

Yes, my cloths aren't' hanging yet but my bras & jeans which were tight are feeling very comfortable right now!!!

I got a couple pair of jeggings which should last for awhile (especially since I am not losing ANY weight!!) I got a couple of t-shirts for my birthday that are 1x knowing I would have this surgery. I tried one on yesterday - perfect fit!! I went from a 3x to a 1x - got to get stoked about that... and my bathing suit just about hangs on me - could get embarrassing at the pool.... think it is time to head to the beach to find a new one! A few rays of light...

I'm going to put everything that gets too big in a bag immediately to take to good will! I WILL NOT be needing them again!!!!! EVER!!!!!!

Great idea - think I will do that today...

October 2015 Has come & gone!! Most of us are on the other side of this! Post op & ready to loose! Best of luck to all of you! And let us know how you are doing!

1 Oct @guyfrom315 & @covarrubia911

2 Oct @kimvox66 & @SookieLei & @Deanah

3 Oct @kiwi201000
5 Oct @Jenaenae84 & @barber44 & @winklie & @newbeginning & @chrys129 & @lui & @lazelten84
6 Oct @395Ron & @BayGal & @thinner-me & @kellyrit & @avocadoPAK
7 Oct @eubanks2013 & @soonergirl619 & @Laughingmyassoff2015 & @Annie71 & @
8 Oct @edie091371 & @60&goin4it & @irishaggie & @Tammy479 & @cole1 & @Grace2115

9 Oct @Allyson Rowley & @amytlovesparis & @jolms & @MekeJohnson & @OneLostJourney
12 Oct @thbrown223 & @Tally_RN & @shakiki123 & @Karma J Riddell Henson & @ChunkyChocolate & @Smallfry06 & @ByeByeAdipose
13 Oct @Cherry Muffley & @julbel721 & @sleevemylife & @pimmar & @Dub & @lili2333 & @chavonjb

14 Oct @cjd2010 & @mizzmaryk & @Jamielynne123 & @whoahbabyy
15 Oct @shamel811 & @howardnicole2012 & @Onelife & @WillieBradley & @kvoneye
16 Oct
19 Oct @TristanNicole & @sweettooth2015 & @anewme2015 & @ ASUgrad & @quiltermom65 & @rebirth1029 & @miiasan & @sorrynomore & @Miracle
20 Oct @CHELLB33 & @Newnetty & @Daisydawn34 & @CHLOE12 & @lisamarie0817 & @luvhermitcrabs
21 Oct @SleevenChica & @drmeow & @tamywill & @EGN
22 Oct @dede0314 & @dancingqueene & @Gossamer & @pmanley & @Meganedh
23 Oct @Bournetodo & @nervous nana & @

26 Oct @itstimealready & @AnnainOK & @tamywill & @Mogwaicat & @ & @Dar200 & @drmeow
27 Oct @Culdee & @Lynn in va beach & @NinaB & @ & @jjod & @TyTy120 & @Nancy1955 & @kimmy2477& @Tip81 & @angim330
28 Oct @Ryan TN & @kayjay14 & @kathymtz@yahoo.com & @Cali_Angel & @Laniev00 & @aranushka
29 Oct @Tina1969 & @ImBringingLisaBack RNY

30 Oct @ZoeJane & @scubav85
31 Oct