Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Had my post op appointment today (surgery was Oct 14) I have a small infection on the incision from my drain hole but not major, he just said to keep it dry and covered. But I've lost 21 pounds since I start my liquid preop diet! So 21 pounds in 2 weeks :) makes everything worth it. And I also found a Protein Drink I actually like. Isopure zero carb drink. Comes in fruity flavors.

Great to hear about the weight loss! And thanks for the Protein suggestion. I'm really struggling so I'm going to see if I can order than Isopure zero carb drink online.

GNC carries them also. I bought 4 yesterday for 17. They are buy 3 get 1 free right now at my gnc. But online is cheaper. (Without including shipping)

So I am home, working on my 1st Protein Shake. I went to Vitamin shop and picked up samples. The Syntrex nectar chocolate truffle is yummy!

I am still in a lot of pain. I am hooked up to an On-Q pain pump. It's hard coming home because my 16 month old is rough and likes to jump all over me. So trying to keep her at bay.

I wonder if that's on my approved list. How much protein/calories?

It was on mine and it is the whey isolate. It was surprising good. If you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you they have samples you can buy. I got Jay Robb, Syntrex and Isopure.< /p>

Facts

Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop

Servings per Container: 36

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 100 *

Calories from Fat 0 *

Total Fat 0 g 0%

Saturated Fat 0 g 0%

Trans Fat 0 g *

Cholesterol less than 5 mg 1%

Sodium 160 mg 7%

Potassium 190 mg 5%

Total Carbohydrate 1 g 1%

Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%

Sugars 0 g *

Protein 23 g 46%

Vitamin A 0%

Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 15%

Iron 0%

Phosphorus 10%

Magnesium 8%

Important Amino Acids Per 100 Grams of Protein *

Arginine 2.4 g *

Glutamine 7.4 g *

Histidine 1.7 g *

Isoleucine 6.7 g *

Leucine 11.9 g *

Lysine 9.7 g *

Methionine 2 g *

Phenylalanine 3.3 g *

Threonine 7.2 g *

Tryptophan 2.1 g *

Valine

There's some of you we haven't heard from in awhile, how are you doing?

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile last week was very busy I had my all day pre-op with my surgeon and his staff where we went over my procedure and spent several hours with his nurse on what would happen the day of surgery and following surgery then 2 hours with the nutritionist on the progression of my diets from liquids to puree to soft foods to regular foods etc. And if I wasn't nervous enough about my surgery on Tuesday the 27 I found out this past Wednesday that I had in fact broke my elbow and they put me on a hinge cast (which my kids call my bionic arm lol) something I will have on for the next 12 weeks ???? so surgery and recovery are going to be just a little more complicated then anticipated

it's good to find this group.....Im getting sleeved on this Tuesday the 27th! Best of luck to the group!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

My surgery is coming up on Monday 10/26. I'm nervous and not sleeping well and excited at the same time. I'm ready for this pre op diet to be over, plus the surgery!

Hi Kimmy2477. My date is the 27th also. I'm getting the sleeve. Really anxious and excited. Can't sleep tonight. Drs first patient backed out so my surgery was moved from 9:30am to 7:30am. I'll have to check in at 5:30am. Probably doesn't matter bc I won't be able to sleep anyway.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I was only off for a week from work. I literally returned to work 1 week after surgery. I only did half days though, but I'm exhausted once I'm home and I take a very long nap before picking up my daughter from school. My recovery has been amazing! I only had gas pain when I was discharged, which was the day after surgery. The gas pain was the WORST!!!!!! At home, during the night, I'd walk and walk to help subside. I took Gas X, which moved it, but it wouldn't pass. Felt like a brick was sitting in stomach and back. By Thursday it was just about gone.

My RNY was on Oct 12th, I've lost 14 lbs. It's tough getting the fluids in. I've lost my taste for my Mios and Crystal Lights, Jello, and the popsicles....so it's just Water and Protein Shakes. I've tried a few baby spoonfuls of yogurt and very loose oatmeal. That's been great! I haven't been hungry at all, I wasn't missing food or anything until yesterday. I started craving a grilled cheese sandwich from Great Harvest.???? Oh well. In week 3, my diet includes an egg or 1/2 an egg, canned/packaged tuna and salmon. 1/4-1/2 toast or crackers, which begins on Tuesday.

I haven't done much exercise yet, I've had one minor complication. Well let's hope it continues to be minor. Monday is was planning to go walking on the treadmill. Something.....not too fast. However, after I dropped my daughter off to school, I realized I was very winded and had an accelerated heartbeat. Has anyone else experienced this? My surgeon's office had me go to the ER. They thought possibilities of pneumonia or blood clot. Thankfully it was neither. Not really sure it was. Maybe just my body still healing. Please share with me if you experienced any of this.

@@thbrown223 glad things are going well for you. I too get winded when I walk too fast or too much. I found going up stairs to bed is having me feel like I ran a marathon.

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile last week was very busy I had my all day pre-op with my surgeon and his staff where we went over my procedure and spent several hours with his nurse on what would happen the day of surgery and following surgery then 2 hours with the nutritionist on the progression of my diets from liquids to puree to soft foods to regular foods etc. And if I wasn't nervous enough about my surgery on Tuesday the 27 I found out this past Wednesday that I had in fact broke my elbow and they put me on a hinge cast (which my kids call my bionic arm lol) something I will have on for the next 12 weeks so surgery and recovery are going to be just a little more complicated then anticipated

Oh goodness! Well hopefully everything will go well with your surgery! It won't be long & you will be healing from it all!

it's good to find this group.....Im getting sleeved on this Tuesday the 27th! Best of luck to the group!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi Kimmy, welcome to our group!!! We got you added to our list!!

@@thbrown223 My Doctor wanted me to start walking at least 30 min. & work up a sweat, I haven't been able to do it yet because I just get tired after about 20min. I'm getting my Protein in 60gr. But not sure if I'am getting all my fluids. I'm 16 days out & have only lost 5 lbs so your weight loss is great!!! You may have had a little anxiety or just not getting enough fluids. Make sure your getting your protein. If it happens again I think I would call your Dr.

Hi Kimmy2477. My date is the 27th also. I'm getting the sleeve. Really anxious and excited. Can't sleep tonight. Drs first patient backed out so my surgery was moved from 9:30am to 7:30am. I'll have to check in at 5:30am. Probably doesn't matter bc I won't be able to sleep anyway.

I was my Dr's 1st patient & had to check in at 5am. I went to bed early knowing I had to get up at 2:30am to drive to the hospital. It didn't work, I didn't sleep at all!! I think I would have been better off to have gone to sleep at my regular time knowing I would get limited sleep than none. Needless to say I only slept 2 hrs. in the hospital so by the time I got home I was exhausted. My Doctor said being 1st is a good thing, probably you won't be held up by any delays of other surgery's & you won't have to wait being thirsty. I was out of the hospital by 11:00am the next day.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I was only off for a week from work. I literally returned to work 1 week after surgery. I only did half days though, but I'm exhausted once I'm home and I take a very long nap before picking up my daughter from school. My recovery has been amazing! I only had gas pain when I was discharged, which was the day after surgery. The gas pain was the WORST!!!!!! At home, during the night, I'd walk and walk to help subside. I took Gas X, which moved it, but it wouldn't pass. Felt like a brick was sitting in stomach and back. By Thursday it was just about gone.

My RNY was on Oct 12th, I've lost 14 lbs. It's tough getting the fluids in. I've lost my taste for my Mios and Crystal Lights, Jello, and the popsicles....so it's just Water and Protein Shakes. I've tried a few baby spoonfuls of yogurt and very loose oatmeal. That's been great! I haven't been hungry at all, I wasn't missing food or anything until yesterday. I started craving a grilled cheese sandwich from Great Harvest.???? Oh well. In week 3, my diet includes an egg or 1/2 an egg, canned/packaged tuna and salmon. 1/4-1/2 toast or crackers, which begins on Tuesday.

I haven't done much exercise yet, I've had one minor complication. Well let's hope it continues to be minor. Monday is was planning to go walking on the treadmill. Something.....not too fast. However, after I dropped my daughter off to school, I realized I was very winded and had an accelerated heartbeat. Has anyone else experienced this? My surgeon's office had me go to the ER. They thought possibilities of pneumonia or blood clot. Thankfully it was neither. Not really sure it was. Maybe just my body still healing. Please share with me if you experienced any of this.

I haven't had an accelerated heart rate but there's no way I could really exercise yet. (Had surgery Oct 19)

I find short walks are about it for now; however, I have these little bursts of energy (woo hoo I just bolted up the stairs!) only to be met later with exhaustion (I walked from the chair to the fridge and whew I need a nap!).

I'm with you on the liquids. Little bites of yogurt, oatmeal, cottage cheese but mostly it's oh yummy pass me another Protein shake! Haha