Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am three weeks out and I'm finding that what I miss more than any specific food is carbonated drinks. Even just seltzer, I'm really missing that.

I'm also really missing sushi

What are you missing the most

Fluids with a meal. I really find it a pain in the arse, don't do it but do miss it. A LOT :(

I'm three years out and I don't miss anything. I think I used to miss drinking with meals, but not anymore. I especially DO NOT miss obesity and all things associated with it. Such a good trade-off for the things I gave up and thought I would miss.

I'm almost a year out. The only thing I miss are NSAIDs. Aside from that I'm happy with and can live with the rules.

At a year and 3 months out I don't miss the stuff I used to eat. Before surgery my food choices were anything quick to pick up. (Fast foods. Boxed processed or frozen foods.)

The things I eat now are fresh ingredients that taste good and nourish my body. I'm satisfied and not deprived of anything.

I don't miss much.

I thought I would miss taking Motrin but I honestly have not had a single headache since surgery which amazes me.

I thought I would miss Pasta, potatoes and rice but I get so full from my Protein and non-starchy veggie that I don't even really think about it.

It is funny that before surgery the lifestyle we live seems like we will miss so many of those bad habits that got us to where we are, but in the end it is not really an issue. Life is so much better and I have so much more energy so far that I am forging a better relationship with food. Hopefully that new relationship will serve me well going forward and get me to goal.

I was surprised that I don't miss my old favorites as much as I miss the routine. I used to just grab a pastry (OK 2 or 3) for Breakfast with at least three cups of verrrrry sweet tea. Now I have to actually fix Breakfast, but that's OK.

I thought I would miss salty Snacks, but found out what I miss is having some small munchy to mindlessly nibble on while watching TV. This summer I have been using cherry tomatoes. Boy, I can fill up on a lot 8 little tomatoes (maybe with a couple of gherkins), instead of the big bowl of popcorn.< /p>

Fish is an adjustment. Pre-op, I could eat an insane amount of Long John Silver's batter fried fish, but can hardly eat properly cooked fish now. Apparently what I miss is the grease and the salt. So, I have tuna salad or salmon patties throughout the week. It's progress.

Celebrations are hard because of all that darn cake. In one moment of weakness I discovered that sugar makes me gag now. And if I don't vomit I will be miserably sick for hours.

I thought I would miss drinking two 2-liter bottles of soda a day, but it sure don't miss the bloat. It's funny how hard it is to get my fluids in now, when I could drink an ocean of addictive factory made crap.

Other than that I have made adjustments through substitutions and altering recipes to make them sleeve-friendly. I am so much healthier and have a far better quality of life that all that stuff I grieved over with a week-long food funeral does not even seem important.

It's all overwhelming pre-op, but once you are on the other side and have a new tummy to adjust to, you will find ways to compensate. I call mine "Miss Tummy" and she is the boss of me.

Jeez -- two two-liter bottles of soda.

That's nearly 1700 calories!

Wowzah!

Nothing!!! Well, except when I TRY to eat a bunch of calories I can't. I eat so healthy that every once In awhile I try to eat a high amount of calories to shock my metabolism into working and it's really hard to do. It works when I can though. I always drop a couple pounds by doing that. I tried it yesterday and managed to eat about 10 Mexican chips with salsa and later I ate a good-ish sized piece of pond cake with strawberries, blueberries and cream. That's a lot for me! It made me feel yucky but I lost a pound. I'm back to shakes, veggies and fish today. It's defiantly not like it use to be. I could have ate a whole bag of chips and a pound cake. What I had yesterday was BIG for me.

I miss drinking from a straw! And I miss French fries...what I don't miss:

Not being able to fit in a booth at a restaurant.

Not being able to cross my legs.

My size 26 pants (down to 16/18! Yay!)

Not needing a seat belt extender on a plane.

My blood pressure & diabetes medicine.

.....I'm sure there's more but these just popped in my head!

I miss Pepsi!!!! Lol and sonic lime aids!!! I didn't drink Pepsi too much because the caffeine causes Migraines for me, but the lime aids I may have had a couple times a week. Now- the carbonation makes me feel like my stomach is going to blow up! Tried each once.... That was enough for me! I don't miss that 25lbs I've dropped in the last 30 days though!

I gave up sofa almost a year pre op. But I do miss drinking from a straw ????. Other than that, I really don't miss much. I thought I would miss my coffee, but it makes me nauseous just thinking about it ????

I am three weeks out and I'm finding that what I miss more than any specific food is carbonated drinks. Even just seltzer, I'm really missing that.

sushi as well :(

I miss being included in a lunch or dinner outing ... even though I attend ... I still feel like im just sitting there for the conversation ... I'm so scared of what to order and "what if it doesn't sit well" ... that I don't enjoy myself ...

but ... i'll get there someday !

I don't miss the pain of walking ... the pain of laying in bed ... the pain of riding in the car ... the pain the pain the pain that the extra weight caused me ... That can take a hike and NEVER come back !

I don't miss the stares, the pointing and the whispers behind my back ...

I don't miss the closet eating I did because I didn't want my husband to REALLY know how much I was REALLY eating ...

I do miss the comfort food provided me when I was depressed ... I am still working on finding a new comfort ...

(I just finished a Coke Zero and am having sushi for lunch. Shhhh... Don't tell anyone. I used a straw, too.)

I buy riceless sushi -- it's wrapped in thin cucumber instead of seaweed and it's all fish/crab, no rice or rice noodles. YUM!