Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 4th November sleevers? pre-op diet!

Hi,

I'm super happy, yesterday I got my date. 4th November! :D

Is a 3 years story behind from initial rejected by local hospital, to "I don't want to do operation, to "I will do private and pay myself" to "ok, I will do the all pre-op path and see fi I get approval". I did! And have now a date!

Now, in first appointments, I was told I need to loose 6 kilos before operation. That was long ago. I gained another 2 kilos. So, total, I need to loose 8 Kilos in 6 weeks ( will do also the 2 weeks pre-op only liquids).

Any tips out there to loose this weight? And anyone has same date?

Thank you!

November 2nd for me! Started the pre-op diet for Sept 29 but it was moved back. When I started pre-op Southbeach plan, i lost 5lbs in under a week. It can be done! Good luck!

That's Awesome Scarlep! Keep up the good work, way to go!

Wow, that's awesome!!! That's like 11 pounds right? Wow bravo, way to go!!! I'm still at 5lb's, a little over 2kg I think, but I've added fruit back in and I walked over 16,000 steps today so I'll take comfort in that :).

How are you doing it?

@@bigirleurope

I am a November 4th Sleever as well; glad to see another person with the same date!

I was advised by my nutritionist to try the Liver Shrinking diet as a test, and I lost 8 lbs in a week just trying it out. It is very possible.

The diet plan she gave me includes:

2 Protein shakes (Under 200 calories, under 12 carbs, up to 5 grams of fat, and up to 35 grams of protein)

1 meal (palm size Protein, and three handfuls of veggies or one handful of fruit)

2 protein servings for Snacks (cheese, hummus, chicken, turkey, yogurt, nuts, and you can add celery or lettuce to these)

It works for me when I mix it up, having my meals as a protein snack, and the shakes in between with my main meal being a lunch. I feel this plan will help me get used to the new lifestyle. It actually is more food then you think.

Hope this helps!

@@ellie123 I am Nov 2 also. Why are you doing your preop diet so early if I might ask? I have to do a 2 week liquid diet so I dont start until the oct 19th but Im planning on doing a light light diet until then. im glad to meet someone with the same date as me.

Wow, that's awesome!!! That's like 11 pounds right? Wow bravo, way to go!!! I'm still at 5lb's, a little over 2kg I think, but I've added fruit back in and I walked over 16,000 steps today so I'll take comfort in that :).

How are you doing it?

Hi Ellie I think is around 6 pounds.. So still a lot to go. You are doing great! 5lbs is very good! I'm basically eating likely around 1000 calories a day ( no carbs ) and increased my daily Water (have to force it as was never my thing..). I'm also drinking gember thee (home made). Very efficiënt! I'm still stress about loosing the weight pre-op. If is not what they established for me they send me Back home.. All the best and best wishes from Amsterdam!

@@bigirleurope

I am a November 4th Sleever as well; glad to see another person with the same date!

I was advised by my nutritionist to try the Liver Shrinking diet as a test, and I lost 8 lbs in a week just trying it out. It is very possible.

The diet plan she gave me includes:

2 Protein shakes (Under 200 calories, under 12 carbs, up to 5 grams of fat, and up to 35 grams of protein)

1 meal (palm size Protein, and three handfuls of veggies or one handful of fruit)

2 protein servings for Snacks (cheese, hummus, chicken, turkey, yogurt, nuts, and you can add celery or lettuce to these)

It works for me when I mix it up, having my meals as a protein snack, and the shakes in between with my main meal being a lunch. I feel this plan will help me get used to the new lifestyle. It actually is more food then you think.

Hope this helps!

I lost 6 lbs in one week. I drank lots of Water. I had coffee and Creamer for Breakfast, slim fast shake for lunch, small portion of meat and veggies for dinner. A couple nights I drank broth and had no dinner. But that was hard to do. I got a little nervous that I wasn't going to meet my weight goal so I also took a laxative and Water pills. Good luck