Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Oct 6 Sleevers out there?

I have a question. I am attaching my post surgery diet.. I know everyone is different. Is there anyone that their diet is similar

post-263189-14471631670295_thumb.jpg

Mine is really close to that. I am not allowed to drink 30 to 45 minutes before and after meals. I am only allowed 2 oz of food.

Mine is close and I am allowed 3oz of food.

I am eating about 4 ounces every meal. I feel the restriction after my last 1-2 bites. I have no real restriction on liquids. 5.3 ounces of yogurt, no problem (although I don't eat yogurt very often).

Why do you think they're recommending 2 ounce portions?

My guess is it's a "one size fits all" prescription and they want their 50+ BMI'rs to get to their goal before the honeymoon ends.

I'm losing faster in month 2, than I did in month 1 and I think my friends think I have cancer. I think it's from eating meat instead of refried Beans and sweet potatoes.

What do you think?

Seems soft foods are less restricting and allowing more consumption. I have been trying to avoid soft foods to keep my calories down and also because I seem to be satisfied longer when I eat meat vs. soft foods like refried beans. One thing I like to snack on is homemade cole slaw, it's low in calories, gives me a crunchy consistency that I crave and I'm filled up with a 1-2 ounce portion.

I hope I have the same results in month two as you have. Did you stall during month one? I'm a band to sleeve revision and on another discussion board for us revision patients it seems to be very common for a longer stall than people who haven't had the band too.

@@abs0253

Mine is similar too.

My plan was very similar as well. I'm not allowed to drink 20 minutes before and 60-90 minutes after eating. The 90'ish minutes seems excessive. I usually do an hour. I'd never get all my Water in otherwise. I find myself avoiding eating sometimes so I don't have to deal with stopping fluids. I guess that's good in some ways.

The past two weeks I've gone from constant head hunger to the other extreme: I have next to no interest in food at all. It's more of a hassle than anything.

Edited by chrys129

I am eating about 4 ounces every meal. I feel the restriction after my last 1-2 bites. I have no real restriction on liquids. 5.3 ounces of yogurt, no problem (although I don't eat yogurt very often).

Why do you think they're recommending 2 ounce portions?

My guess is it's a "one size fits all" prescription and they want their 50+ BMI'rs to get to their goal before the honeymoon ends.

I'm losing faster in month 2, than I did in month 1 and I think my friends think I have cancer. I think it's from eating meat instead of refried Beans and sweet potatoes.

What do you think?

Seems soft foods are less restricting and allowing more consumption. I have been trying to avoid soft foods to keep my calories down and also because I seem to be satisfied longer when I eat meat vs. soft foods like refried beans. One thing I like to snack on is homemade cole slaw, it's low in calories, gives me a crunchy consistency that I crave and I'm filled up with a 1-2 ounce portion.

I hope I have the same results in month two as you have. Did you stall during month one? I'm a band to sleeve revision and on another discussion board for us revision patients it seems to be very common for a longer stall than people who haven't had the band too.

Not much of a stall -- 3 days max during week 4. Since then, I've been dropping every day (0.2 - 1.5 lbs/day). I like Asian Salads (similar to a slaw), but I'm not cleared for raw veggies til next week, but nothing has been a problem (yet).

The way my NUT described soft food and the sleeve is like this. Soft food in the stomach is like a tube of tooth paste. It can be squeezed out the stomach easily in a short period of time. meat takes longer to digest and satisfies for a much longer period of time. The reason I got corrected at my four week checkup is because I was increasing my soft food trying to stay satisfied longer. I needed to ad meat and fibrous veggies. I think I'm good now. So yes lean meat helps a bunch in our weight loss. Calorie count on turkey is very low.

I am with you Marcia. I have some chicken broth cans I can send to you if needed.

@@Shakti

I am actually in New Orleans. Message me if you are looking for things to do/see!

Thank you! This will be our first trip to NOLA. I've been doing a lot of research, and it seems that for a first timer the French Quarter is a good area to stay in. We got a great rate at the FQ Hyatt. Traveling are my husband, daughter, 20 and son, 15. Arriving late on December 25 for 8 nights. My kids are well traveled and are up for anything - the usual attractions plus anything special for the holiday season. My son wants to visit Tulane, which surprisingly is open for admissions visits later in the week.

We collectively play the clarinet, sax, piano, guitars and drums, so of course we're incredibly psyched about all of the music venues! Anything you'd suggest that is seasonal, or off of the beaten track? Are those swamp tours worthwhile? but I must admit I have a fear of reptiles!

thanks - must be a very cool place to live!

A little obsessive?!

I like the Withings because I can look at my wrist and see the time and that second little clock hand is where I am at to reaching my goal, but in order to know how many steps I've actually taken or calories I burned I have to use the phone app. The feature I also really like is I don't have to charge this one.

With the polar loop I can press a button and see how many steps I've taken how many calories I burn, The time and how close I am to my goal, The phone app gives me extra information just like the Withings. I also have a heart rate monitor that's paired with the polar loop that can give me a more accurate calories burned for a workout that the winnings can't. The polar loop I have to charge about every three days. It only takes about 20 minutes but that's 20 minutes off my wrist hooked up to the computer or hooked up to a USB port, charging.

I need to do some research because the polar loop at the end of the day has me anywhere from 1500 to 2000 steps more then the Withings does, so right now I don't know which one is more accurate and that bothers me! post-264131-1447173397933_thumb.jpg

Obsessive YES!

I'm all signed up to run a 5K on thanksgiving morning. Wanted a new way to start my thanksgiving morning. It will help me stay on track for eating. How are you planning to deal with thanksgiving meal. Temptations will be plenty.

Marcia will be recovering so she is all good. Miss you marcia????

Wow! Just had my first awful experience. I Had blackened fish taco with cabbage and pico de gallo and no corn tortilla for dinner. I took one too many bites and had the worst restriction pain, for about 10 minutes, and then vomited. The only good thing about the latter is I feel better now.

In retrospect I think I ate too fast and didn't chew the cabbage very good.

Just did the same thing as you last Thursday. I had a rough night sleeping that night. Kept waking up with intense burning in my throat. But then by the next day I was over it all. If you have trouble on the night, sleep sitting up as much as you can. It will help! Good luck!
Yeah I call that elephant on the chest you will do that a couple of times before you get the hang of tooo much

Month three the hair starts to fall out but it is temporary.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

5 weeks out today, I am not losing much weight but I am losing my hair already...wasn't expecting that for a couple more months.

I have been taken Biotin chews from GNC and it works great

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Just had 3 ounces of grilled tenderloin and an ounce of Asian salad. Tasted great going down (lotsa chewing).

Sitting okay, but a little stuffed!