Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Oct 6 Sleevers out there?

Obsessive YES!

I'm all signed up to run a 5K on thanksgiving morning. Wanted a new way to start my thanksgiving morning. It will help me stay on track for eating. How are you planning to deal with thanksgiving meal. Temptations will be plenty.

Marcia will be recovering so she is all good. Miss you marcia????

I'll be at Disney World, walking off anything I eat!

I will be in a country that doesn't Celebrate thanksgiving..whew

@@catlynk I will be in Orlando on the 20th we are leaving for our trip from there. We will return on 28th and thinking about doing Disney downtown 1 day.

@@catlynk I will be in Orlando on the 20th we are leaving for our trip from there. We will return on 28th and thinking about doing Disney downtown 1 day.

We arrive on the 20th about 11pm and leave on the 28th.

When do you fly out for Turks & Caicos?

I will tell you that the WWII museum is very interesting. We also have a wonderful Aquarium in walking distance of the area. Look up things taking place at the Saenger Theater s they have lots of great musical events going in during this time. Also checkout Gambit New Orleans. It is a site that keeps up with all of the happenings. Hope you enjoy your visit and our lovely city!

@@Shakti
I am actually in New Orleans. Message me if you are looking for things to do/see!

Thank you! This will be our first trip to NOLA. I've been doing a lot of research, and it seems that for a first timer the French Quarter is a good area to stay in. We got a great rate at the FQ Hyatt. Traveling are my husband, daughter, 20 and son, 15. Arriving late on December 25 for 8 nights. My kids are well traveled and are up for anything - the usual attractions plus anything special for the holiday season. My son wants to visit Tulane, which surprisingly is open for admissions visits later in the week.

We collectively play the clarinet, sax, piano, guitars and drums, so of course we're incredibly psyched about all of the music venues! Anything you'd suggest that is seasonal, or off of the beaten track? Are those swamp tours worthwhile? but I must admit I have a fear of reptiles!

thanks - must be a very cool place to live!

I have my first 5k after surgery this Saturday. I have just started to work out this week and I will tell you that it is kicking my butt. I was someone that worked out 4-5xs per week. Just doing a few weights lifts yesterday wore me out tremendously. I am sure I will be walking this race at a decent pace, but may need a nap after.

How is everyone's energy levels? I feel great, I just can't push myself workout wise like I used to. I know I will need to build it all back up, but I miss the burn!

Hey we are 5K buddies too. Let's see who has the best time. My money is on you.

Yes the burn is good

We leave at noon on 21st

Mommanin1 & retriverguy

y'all are an insperation! Can't wait to hear how it goes and what your times are!

Good luck!!

We leave at noon on 21st

Shucks! It would have been fun if we could have met up for coffee and meet in person! Maybe this summer in Gulf Shores!

Summer hell my vote is for winter. I live in Minnesota.????

Summer hell my vote is for winter. I live in Minnesota.

You wanna meet in Gulf Shores this winter?

Guess you'll get good workouts shoveling snow this winter :)

Edited by catlynk

Shovel heck big snow blowers! If I shoveled my three car driveway I would be wrecked.

I travel for my job and have FF miles galore. I think Mommami wants to go to Atalanta.

I had my first 4 week checkup yesterday. Down 17.4 pounds since surgery, I was kinda bummed that it wasn't more. He told me to throw away my scale, that I should be judging my weight loss by how my clothes fit and how I feel and that he doesn't pay much attention to the amount that has been lost in a month, he only uses the scale to see a trend.

I told him I was limiting soft foods like yogurt and refried Beans because I felt like I could eat more than I should (4-5 ounces).

He told me he was not a big fan of yogurt but if I like it it was ok to eat, but consider it a liquid and not a solid. Concerning beans he told me they are a GREAT food to eat and 4 ounces was not a problem. Then I talked about the calories in 4 ounces and told me He is not concerned about me counting calories, but making good food choices and exercising 30 min a day.

I asked about carbohydrates, he said most of them have no great nutritional value, like a potato. Most people only eat the inside and discard the skin where most of the nutrients are. Then I asked about bread, he said he prefers us to eat non wheat products. Then I asked about rice again he said white rice has most of the nutrients stripped and of course brown rice was better, but all of these on occasion are fine.

With all that having been said, after more than 50 years of programing to count calories and the overwhelming desire to get on the scale at least once a week, this is one thing I probably will not be able to comply with, besides only days ago I bought a new scale to go with my new watch/activity tracker :)

He may realize you are obsessive. ????