Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best meals for eating healthy at restaurants and Fast Food

I am learning places I can eat since I have not managed to plan my meals ahead of time. Just wanted to share some of my favorite tasty meals and Snacks.

Snacks:

Old Wisconsin Turkey Bites sold at Walmart I believe they are 80 cals and 9 grams of Protein for 6. (The nutrition on the package on Walmarts site is different than the actual one you buy) I will edit this later to correct

But I love this as a quick snack

I do not like the Jack Link turkey Jerky I found them to tough but the same cals and Protein.< /p>

Meals:

Subway

Steak and cheese over spinach, red onion, pickles, hot peppers, bell peppers OMG so good. be sure to ask for the sauce on the side that way you can measure you own. I love the sweet onion (fat free) and the spicy chipotle. This meal should be under 400 because the only cals are the steak and the cheese which the cheese is optional also the sauces have cals.

Subway

tuna over spinach with pickles, hot peppers, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes. I do no cheese with the Sweet onion.

These are my two favorites go to meals I can eat off of these at least twice.

Breakfast

McDonalds

Round egg I have paid between .45 to 1.05 for this real egg. I think its the egg they put on the Egg McMuffin. This thing fills me up

So far these are the healthiest options I can think of right now. Please share your favorite healthy meals when you are on the go.

Wendy's - Small chili w/ cheese

Chipotle - Burrito Bowl (no rice), tons of leftovers!

Qdoba - Burrito Bowl (no rice), tons of leftovers!

KFC - Grilled drumstick kids meal with green Beans

Edited by MrsRoboto

I went on an extended road trip this summer and found that my favorite fast food stop was Taco Bell. I ordered either a beef or chicken soft taco and would eat just the meat, lettuce and cheese and throw out the tortilla. It was easy and tasty.

Chipoltle kids meal with chicken, black Beans, and veggies

Wendy's kids meal chicken wrap, don't eat the wrap. Get apples. Save milk for later.

Luna Grill: Kids meal, all salad, no starch - grilled chicken kabob and gyros are good.

1/2 salads (Wendy's has 1/2 sizes)

Deli counter at grocery store. Order 1/8 lb of meat of your choice thinly sliced, eat as you shop. Sometimes I ask for a few slices of meat, and a few slices of cheese.

The only thing I do fast food.

Dunkin Donut wake up wrap with egg and cheese. I throw away the half of the torlilla not covered in cheese.< /p>

Here's a fun one. I went out and got chicken wings sauce on the side and they came with carrots and celery. I was only able to eat to wings. It worked out really good.