Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full liquids for 2 weeks - help!

I was sleeved on Monday, 8/24 and discharged yesterday. I have minimal pain and nausea and have been able to walk fine. My problem is that I have a very hard time seeing how I can survive the monotony of a full liquid diet for two weeks. My BMI was 36, so my surgeon didn't require a pre-op diet. I have spent so much time focusing on how I can spin meals for my family that are acceptable for me as well (once I am ready for my new normal), that I have really neglected to find anything appealing for liquids.

What are you eating or what did you eat for your full liquids, that made it tolerable?

TIA!

I had 2 Protein flavors, one watermelon, one coffee looking back I wish I had 3, and an unflavored Protein. I added the unflavored to anything, but mostly broth.

I had already been on a 10 day liquid diet, so it wasn't so bad.

If you have the urge to chew, chew on ice or Jello. Jello worked for me, if you have an unflavored Protein powder then add some of that to the jello for protein jello.

I did liquids longer, because I didn't want to do purees, I knew the texture would make me nauseous.

Strained Wonton Soup is going to be a lifesaver. Bland as it is, it is so much more flavorful than the Protein Shakes or watered down juices I'm consuming. I'm now 3 days postop and have a long way to go before getting solids so I'll be watching the replies to this thread with great interest!

Edited by byebyedarkpassenger

I made my own egg drop Soup, but I didn't put any cornstarch in it. I seasoned it to taste and I have that twice a day. You can also try putting some Protein into your pudding if you're on full liquids. There's a pudding that's Sam's sells that called Fit N Lean and it has 15 grams of protein.

Edited by MzAlice

I had surgery 8/25 and have been drinking one GNC Protein lien shake a day, a 1/2 cup of beef broth, and Gatorade g2.

I had surgery 8/25 and have been drinking one GNC Protein lien shake a day, a 1/2 cup of beef broth, and Gatorade g2.

Shannon that's my day too! I've been able to get two shakes in so I'm thankful for that. I'm just having a rough time getting Water down it just doesn't taste the same since I have to sip on it.

I managed to get my Protein in by drinking Isopure protein Water. Every 10 ounces has 20 gr of protein. I drink it over ice and to me it tastes like SF koolaide. I also had GNC total lean pre-made shakes. They come in lots of flavors and have 25 gr of protein in a 14 ounce bottle. I also had broth.... Usually homemade or strained the noodles out of chicken noodle Soup. Water of course.... As much as you can get. SF Popsicles were a lifesaver as well. That is pretty much it for me. You will be fine. Just remember you are healing right now. Good luck!

I just finished my two weeks of liquids, and yeah, it's hard. However, you gotta tough it out so you can heal up properly. The time passes quicker than you think.

Hey I was sleeved that day too. Protein Drinks, Isopure, broth, sf Popsicles, home made fruit waters, fruit and veggie smoothies (made at home) are all things I've been doing. My ninja is earning every bit of the $200+ I spent on it!

Shannon that's my day too! I've been able to get two shakes in so I'm thankful for that. I'm just having a rough time getting Water down it just doesn't taste the same since I have to sip on it.

Yea me too, I'm constantly sipping.

I am 9 days post-op and on a full liquid diet for another 5 days. I drink three Protein shakes a day and am allowed two light yogurts, totaling about 800 calories. This is the same regimen I followed for two weeks pre-op. That was tough because I was starving most of the time. Since the surgery I'm quite full on the same 800 calories. It's boring for sure but it's only two weeks.

On full liquids I was happy to add pureed Soup. Cambells Bean and Bacon, Cream of chicken, Potato Soup. Thinned and pureed, it is such a tasty break from Protein drinks and yogurt.

Hey I was sleeved that day too. Protein drinks, Isopure, broth, sf Popsicles, home made fruit waters, fruit and veggie smoothies (made at home) are all things I've been doing. My ninja is earning every bit of the $200+ I spent on it!

Whats fruit Water?

Just fresh fruit infused Water. I used peaches, raspberries, mangoes, and a few cut up grapes. Added about 32 oz of water and let it sit in the fridge a few hours. It gives your water a slightly fruity taste. There are many who add mint too. I'll try to find some recipes for you. A lot of ppl use it as a detox too.