Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UK forum users

Going abroad for surgery but I'm a bit worried about post-op diet / Vitamins etc. How best can I plan what foods work for me and what supplements are best to take without an NHS nutritionist?

Hey all, I am a newbie both to WLS and to the forum. I am struggling with nausea and pain at the moment and it’s really bringing me down. I am pleased I went ahead with the surgery but I hadn’t appreciated fully how slow the recovery is 😞

8 hours ago, JaneW24 said:

Hey all, I am a newbie both to WLS and to the forum. I am struggling with nausea and pain at the moment and it’s really bringing me down. I am pleased I went ahead with the surgery but I hadn’t appreciated fully how slow the recovery is 😞

How far out are you Jane? Everyone heals at different rates remember. I had to stay in the hospital for longer as I couldn't even sip Water & kept being sick. The 1st few days back home I felt beyond exhausted, sore & irritable. The minute I managed to start moving more & drinking Protein rich fluids in larger quantities the better I started to feel. Hang in there!

Thanks so much, it’s comforting to know it’s not just me. I had a MGB in 17 November and came home from hospital on Thursday, so this is day 4 for me.