Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UK forum users

Going abroad for surgery but I'm a bit worried about post-op diet / Vitamins etc. How best can I plan what foods work for me and what supplements are best to take without an NHS nutritionist?

Hey all, I am a newbie both to WLS and to the forum. I am struggling with nausea and pain at the moment and it’s really bringing me down. I am pleased I went ahead with the surgery but I hadn’t appreciated fully how slow the recovery is 😞

8 hours ago, JaneW24 said:

Hey all, I am a newbie both to WLS and to the forum. I am struggling with nausea and pain at the moment and it’s really bringing me down. I am pleased I went ahead with the surgery but I hadn’t appreciated fully how slow the recovery is 😞

How far out are you Jane? Everyone heals at different rates remember. I had to stay in the hospital for longer as I couldn't even sip Water & kept being sick. The 1st few days back home I felt beyond exhausted, sore & irritable. The minute I managed to start moving more & drinking Protein rich fluids in larger quantities the better I started to feel. Hang in there!

Thanks so much, it’s comforting to know it’s not just me. I had a MGB in 17 November and came home from hospital on Thursday, so this is day 4 for me.

Don't worry Jane - if you're like me, you won't be feeling pants for too long.

I had the surgery 2.5 years ago. I'm 8 stone down, enjoy eating small portions of tasty food and I regularly run 5km - sometimes 10km. The temporary nausea and discomfort after the op was absolutely worth it.

Hi everyone ,

Nice to see a UK thread , find it hard seeing all recommendations and then not being able to get things here in the UK

Im Leeds based and having nhs sleeve on 10th may fingers crossed as it's dependant on hdu beds ! Had it cancelled twice due to covid. Both times I was part way through the pre op diet .

Trying not to worry to much but you see so many issues on the forums that it's difficult not to

Hayley