Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I was band over gastric bypass August 25 2015 yesterday. Got out of hospital today. I had 5 small incisions . My stoma from gastric bypass 14 yrs had stretched and slightly enlarged pouch made me gain 90 lbs back. Lost 10 lbs pre op diet so that made a slight difference.

So now after my surgery about 30 hrs ago. I have sever pain in my shoulders too. It's the gas I am walking around my house and did religiously during my overnight stay in hospital every 2.5 hrs . But I feel flushed in my face. Not hungry thank god but had a scrambled egg with a drop of extra virgin olive oil. And. Later a Protein Shake 1 cup and Water that was it for my 2 meals at home . I am on pain killers and Gasx chewable a and Pepcid chewable . So I have not passed a bowle movement in 3 days a little worried . But I guess it's normal .

Hi guys I got banded August 14th 2015 I feel really good no pain at all just getting use to my new life. So far I have lost 21 lbs between my pre op diet (10 lbs) and since surgery (11 lbs) so far. Can't wait to continue to see my progress as days go by .....????

Anastasia, I didn't use the restroom for 5 days. It'll eventually happen. After I was banded I couldn't eat anything besides Jello and maybe yogurt. A week post op, im now onto scrambled eggs and Protein Shakes. The gas pain will eventually go away as well. The walking really really helps, the pain lasted about 5 days for me. It will get better!! Good luck

Congrats banded butterfly!! I'm in the same boat, I was banded the 17, and have lost 10 pounds so far. I'm getting used to my "new stomach" slowly and learning something every day. Very excited for the future as well. Congrats again!

Hi i was banded on 8/6/15

I have been over doing it on my eating i think. I have lost 19 lbs total so far and i go in for my first fill on Sept. 1st, 2015. I have had a couple episodes where i ate to fast and it came back up but now i have pain right between my breast that goes through to my bacl. Im a little worried i may have messed something up.

I also get horrible pain between my shoulder blades. It's beginning to really interfere with day to day life. I've been researching it and it has been linked to gallbladder issues and gallstones. I read about this prior to getting the band. Many people that have had WLS have to go back into surgery for removal of the gallbladder. My brother recently had his taken out Bc of severe pain but he hasn't had WLS and isn't in need of it. Sometimes the pain is so bad I feel it by my heart; which really scares me. I am calling my doctor in the morning for an appointment. If I find anything out I will let you know! Massages do help, but the relief is only for a short amount of time.

Mine has improved. I have cut back on my eating and i jave been listening to signals so I stop eating when i dont feel hungry or full.

Im a little nervouse i go in to get my first fill tomorrow.

I wonder if thats what ill have to do

Hi everyone. I am so happy I found this app as I am scheduled for lapband surgery on September 17th with Dr. Ren at NYU. This is the 3rd day of Protein Shakes and I have a wicked headache and of course, I am starving, lol.

While I was at NYU yesterday ( I requested to meet with Dr. Ren one more time before I go in), there was a woman who was at reception and overheard her saying how happy she was with her results. I approached her and asked her if she got the band and she said, "I had the band taken out and had the bypass..the band doesn't work and didn't work for my friend..don't do it." I walked out of the office with tears in my eyes. I just need some reassurance from those of you who have been successful with the lapband as this woman set me back a bit.

Thanks in advance to all!

The band works, but you have to work with it. You can't go back to eating your normal foods and expect to lose weight. I'm only three weeks post op, and I'm glad I got banded. My father also had the band almost two months ago. He is down 40+ pounds but he had a lot more to lose than me. After the surgery and when you are into the solid foods stage, it's kind of fun finding new alternatives to some of your favorite foods. All the changes that come along with it are also very encouraging. I feel totally different now that I haven't drank any soda, diet coke was my drink of choice. Alcohol used to be a bigger part of my life as well. My boyfriend says we are saving so much money by not going out for drinks every other night. We're going to save more money than what I paid for my surgery. All in all, don't let people get into your head. Some people aren't willing to work for what they want. If you ever need anything feel free to message me! I'm not really sure how this app works, but that goes for everyone!

The band works, but you have to work with it. You can't go back to eating your normal foods and expect to lose weight. I'm only three weeks post op, and I'm glad I got banded. My father also had the band almost two months ago. He is down 40+ pounds but he had a lot more to lose than me. After the surgery and when you are into the solid foods stage, it's kind of fun finding new alternatives to some of your favorite foods. All the changes that come along with it are also very encouraging. I feel totally different now that I haven't drank any soda, diet coke was my drink of choice. Alcohol used to be a bigger part of my life as well. My boyfriend says we are saving so much money by not going out for drinks every other night. We're going to save more money than what I paid for my surgery. All in all, don't let people get into your head. Some people aren't willing to work for what they want. If you ever need anything feel free to message me! I'm not really sure how this app works, but that goes for everyone!

Thank you so much Laura. I am prepared to do what I need to and look forward to my journey . I understand that the band is a tool to help you lose weight but it's not magic and you really have to manage the process. Look forward to connecting with you again!

There are many naysayers about the band, but also many of us who credit the band with changing our lives!

Please trust the process and follow the Protein. Water. And exercise as best as you can.

You can reevaluate in a couple of months, but don't let the horror stories scare you .

I, like many others, have had little to no problems with my band. For years. !!!

I credit it with totally changing my life.

And living for years without the burden of 90 extra lbs!!!

Best of luck and please keep posting⭐️