Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's For Dinner?

I'm hitting up the market today, and am feeling completely uninspired. Looking for ideas - preferably those with less than a handful of ingredients and simple enough for a horrible cook to prepare. In return, I'll send so much good karma your way, you'll probably win the lottery (don't hold me to that)!

I'm having sautéed zucchini noodles (made with my vegetti) with a tbsp of pesto, some grilled chicken and Parmesan cheese!

chicken on the grill for us ... but one of my favorites is chicken stir fry over cauliflower 'rice'. I can add whatever veggies I feel like having that day & season it with just low sodium soy sauce & a bit of worcestershire sauce. The rice is easy to make .... grind raw cauliflower in a food processor until small granules, the fry in a pan or roast in oven.

Grilled chicken with steamed zuchinni from the garden, maybe with a little asiago or parmesan, fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden. Fresh sliced pear for late dessert.

My favorite easy dinner is ground turkey with taco seasoning. I use baked tostititos and add some lowest shredded cheese. I cook a bunch up at once and it only needs to heat about one minute in the microwave. Easy and tastes so good.

Man, everyone is posting meals with far more planning than I am interested in! I keep it simple. Last night I had hanger steak on the grill medium rare. Seasoned it with sea salt, ground black pepper, and garlic. That's it. Huge dose of Protein. I ate brussell sprouts pan seared with olive oil, butter, and garlic then topped with cheese for a snack. High Fiber and more Protein.

If my wife is cooking, she does more intricate meals, but if I am cooking, I'm having steak. It's actually affordable when you don't eat more than 4 oz at a time!

Oh, for the rest of the family they had steamed vegetables and pork chops. I could have gone that route myself, but I had already bought the steak the night prior and it was on my mind all day.

Man, everyone is posting meals with far more planning than I am interested in! I keep it simple. Last night I had hanger steak on the grill medium rare. Seasoned it with sea salt, ground black pepper, and garlic. That's it.

Too funny! But I agree. My husband does most of the cooking & has been experimenting with seasoning for me. I am content to have chicken, steak, or fish on the grill. However, I get bored with the same old thing. He has been using cumin & curry powder to give me some flavor without a lot of heat. I say K.I.S.S. & go with what you like!

Edited by rustbel4ti

Pork chop and grilled veggies

It is so hard to wanna cook when you know you're not eating anymore than 4 or 5 ounces. You can eat it for the rest of the week or freeze left overs. My freezer is packed full off food it will take me 10 years to eat... pretty surgury hording. Ps wegmans has cauliflower "rice" in their veggie section.

Tomorrow we're having delicious chicken burgers on the grill from Mariano's(grocery store) you can pick it up at the the butchers counter. Having it with a salad. If you have a Mariano's near you, it's a must try. 1 burger last me two meals, so I bring the other half for lunch.

Tonight we had porkchop on the grill & Brussel sprouts which we sauteed then simmered in a small amount of chicken broth. Yummo!

dinner is usually my smallest meal. I just can't eat as much at the end of the day!

I've been making pan sautéed chicken cutlets. Quick and easy. Use the thin cut chicken, dip in milk and flour or bread crumbs or corn meal and sauté in a hot pan for about 5 minutes a side. I eat one, the kids eat the rest. :) Sometimes I put Pasta sauce and mozz. cheese on it and serve over Pasta for them.

Another favorite is turkey kielbasa with potatoes and onions (and green peppers if you like them). Again, in a pan, sauté very thinly sliced peeled potatoes, then add in sliced onions and peppers, then add in sliced kielbasa. (I sauté five minutes or so before adding the next ingredient.) I end up eating 4-5 slices of kielbasa and a small "pile" of potatoes and veggies.

Sometimes I just have a slice of turkey and a cheese stick for dinner.< /p>

Last night I had four ounces of chicken. A cucumber and Tomato salad and a quarter cup of barley.(actually a couple of bites)