Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VGS Scheduled 9/2 - SUPER SCARED!

I finally got my surgery scheduled for 9/2 and I start my liquid diet on Wednesday - I'm on a liquid + lite meal - meaning I can only have <450 in that one meal - has anyone else had to do that?

I'm excited - but I'm really scared - I've had so many people in my life have it done and they have prepped me for the 1st two weeks being the worse - I tolerate pain fairly well - but I'm the person that hates to throw up - so I'm naturally scared!

I know it will be okay - I just pray it will be alright - surgery and all - I have anxiety pretty bad and fear something will happen to me - then what will my two boys do? I know this is the best thing I could do but is anyone else scared? I wasn't until the surgery got scheduled then panicked :)

I think that being nervous or even scared is completely normal. I am super excited for my surgery in November and wish I could move it up. Lots of people have this surgery every day and they do fine. You will be just fine. You will only throw up if you eat or drink too much. Just be very careful. You will know when you are full. Dont gulp, just sip. Of course I havent gone thru the surgery yet either so I am not a pro but these are things I tell myself. I hope you will find peace. Keep reading on this site, it is great motivation.

I'm in the same boat. My surgery is September 1st. I wasn't really scared or nervous until I had an actual date set. I do, however, have great confidence in my surgeon and bariatric team and am sure they will help me with any hurdles along the way. I hope you have the same type of support by your side. I wish you luck and hope we both have a speedy recovery. Just remember, we are all just a few keystrokes away-this site has many, many great members who are here to help!!!!

It's a very safe procedure...you'll be back with your kids in no time. I experienced only one tough day on which I thought I wouldn't leave the hospital on time, but that was gone in no time. Just start living like you've already had it...it will make it so much easier for you physically to do the early post-op stages and to process it in your head. Start liquids now even if your surgeon didn't say you had to...he obviously wouldn't object. Start moving around so that exercise comes more quickly after surgery. Good luck!

My date is Sept. 9. I'm going straight out liquid on my pre surgery diet. I'm scared also. Really looking forward to being on the other side of the surgery.

I am trying to focus on little things that will be easier. Maybe we should make a list......shoes will fit better, bras will fit better, i will fit better

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to be nervous about your surgery. I was afraid too, so I prayed about it, and it really helped! I was calm, cool, and collected during pre-op and my family were the ones that was nervous! I honestly feel that this helped me to recover so much faster! Don't worry about nausea. If your nurses are anything like mine, they will help you to keep your nausea under control with medication. Good luck with your surgery, and keep us posted on how you're doing!

Thank you all so much for your support! I know I'll be fine - and I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who got scared when the surgery date was made official! I actually tried to live like I have already had the surgery - I know all will be alright and I will be happy I had it done - it's just scary :) Thanks again!

I think we should make a list of why's :) I personally think that might help ease our anxiety :)

I was pretty nervous prior to my 7/20 surgery-mostly about not being able to handle the pain and having bad scars. I know everyone's experience is different but, for me it was so much better than I had anticipated. Upon waking in recovery I was really surprised that i had NO pain just the feeling of a giant burp that was stuck! I reasoned that the lack of pain was due to all the drugs and that i would soon be miserable. I never was. I never really had any pain-some discomfort sure and if i moved too quick or twisted I'd get a pinch feeling at my incision sites. No pain, no vomiting. I felt way worse the last time i had the flu than at any point after the surgery. Maybe i was exceptionally lucky but...maybe you will be too! I am now down 26 pounds in 4 weeks and could not be happier that i went ahead. Just remember, there is no need to assume the worst- you have just as good a chance of being one of the lucky ones!

I am also scheduled to have the VSG on September 2nd! I also start my pre-op diet today and I am also anxious about the surgery. My pre-op diet is also 2 Protein Shakes and I small low card high Protein meal a day until 24 hours before surgery then it's 3 protein shakes.

I started my liquid diet today - and I'm trying to stay positive about it - I actually am a huge coffee drinker and so instead of coffee for Breakfast as usual I bought the Atkins cafe latte Protein shake and much to my surprise it was delicious and played the game with my brain that I had coffee this morning! I'm drinking Water and trying to sip :)

Of course last night I had my final farewall dinner lol Mexican food and then gourmet cupcakes for dessert (I love cupcakes and went in and bought a dozen for my family not just for me lol) Much to my surprise last night sitting there looking at them I realized I didn't even really want one - I had a half of a cupcake - and my husband thought I was crazy that I didn't finish it - I just looked at it and thought I don't want food controlling me - so maybe that is a good start? Atleast I'm hoping it is!

That's great! I have that reaction to food a lot lately. I have not tried those Protein Shakes. I tried Premier Protein but I could not stomach the taste. I like muscle milk.

@JenniferCunningham Hy gorl mine is also the same day I just startet my pre op diet today but I can only have liquids nothing solid for 2 weeks it sucks

Same thing here I'm reading your post and I feel like I wrote this lolllll

We will be fine I will be praying for you as well.

If you like pay me a visit in youtube I am recording my journey to help others and also to have where to look back to.

Good luck.

Www.youtube.com/c/YOMIVSGFIT4LIFE.