Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Show me your what your 80g protein day looks like

I'm still early preop but I've been pinning recipes on pinterest life crazy for future use. I know I won't be doing 3 Protein Shakes forever.

I am curious what a meal plan with 80 g looks like. Seems like you'd have to always have at least one Protein shake per day to come close since our quantity of food is so little.

I was actually looking up this exact same question I was hoping to find piture examples of a days food with 80gm of Protein. Hope someone answers for you and me lol :)

I actually get between 60 and seventy. So here goes, Breakfast I have cheese or Peanut Butter on an English, for about ten grams. lunch is greek yogurt for 12 or tuna for around fifteen or leftover Protein from the night before for up to twenty grams supper is usually, pork or chicken for around twenty grams. I then have two protein Snacks to make it up to at least sixty. That's one between lunch and supper and the other after supper before bed.

The way my Nut told me:

Breakfast 2 oz Protein = 12 grams this could be a greak yorgart

snack 2 oz Protein = 12 grams 1/2 cup cottage cheese

lunch 2 oz protein = 16 grams tuna in Water

Snack protein shack = 15 to 20 grams

dinner 2-3 oz protein = 24 grams lean meats like chicken breast, cod, scallops

Breakfast I am getting anywhere from 10-20g depending on if I eat food or do a Protein shake. Most morning I do a Isopure Protein shake/fiber mix that is around 15 to 20g of protein in it. For lunch I tend to eat pre-made microwavable dinners. Today for lunch I had a Stouffer's Fit Kitchen dinner that has about 27g of protein in it at only 410 calories. If I snack its usually with something like a pure protein or life choice bar meal bar. Those are usually in the 20g range when it comes to protein. So before I make it to dinner I'm usually at or really close to what I need to meet as a minimum daily intake of protein.

Some days are indeed easier than others to get everything in. And I do notice when I have met my intake requirements for a few days versus when I don't. My muscles aren't as weak feeling when I am meeting the protein intake. I am still in the process of learning my stomach all over again. Some days some foods work without any issues and then I can come back a few days for weeks later, eat the same thing and my stomach revolts it like the black plague. I guess this is the life of a bariatric person. A diva tummy. :rolleyes: :blush: :rolleyes:

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs with low fat cheeseand 1/2C fresh fruit.< /p>

lunch - 4 oz lean Protein from something that had a mother. tuna, left over hamburger, grilled chicken strips, etc. all weighted on kitchen scale.

dinner - 4 oz Protein from something that had a mother and 1/2C raw or cooked low carb vegetable.

At three months+ out I still can not gave dairy products except low fat cheese like mozarella sticks or something similar.

Breakfast: 1 egg with a slice of cheese - 10g

At the office: Protein "latte" (coffee with vanilla Protein powder) - 20g

Mid morning _ Mozarella stick - 6

Lunch: Panera bread - strawberry Poppy Seed chicken salad - Half Size, 8.75 oz - 15g

After lunch - PowerCrunch protein cookie - 13

dinner - chicken thigh - 19

The above adds up to 83g of protein and 840 calories. I usually eat more these days up to 1300 calories. I might add part of the bread\butter that comes with the salad or a spoon full of veggies or potatoes with the chicken for dinner as I'm in maintenance and exercise regularly, but the above is a typical "base menu" for me even today. Successfully maintaining about a 90 pound loss for over 1 year.

These are great! Ty!

Breakfast - either scrambled egg with ham, Tomato, onion, bell pepper and cheese or a Quest Protein bar

lunch - 4 to 5 oz of some kind of Protein - chicken, pork, steak, ground beef, ham and cheese, roast beef and cheese and salad

dinner - same as lunch but different protein and different veggies. I love making zucchini fries or I'll have green Beans.

If I want a snack either a Quest Protein Bar or a cheese stick. I also like Quest protein chips with Laughing Cow cheese spread on them.

Breakfast: Premier Protien Shake: 30 grams

Snack: Greek Yogurt: 10 grams

Lunch: Lunchmeat rollup: 17 grams

Dinner: 4 oz tri tip, 2 stuffed mushrooms, spinach: 26 grams

83 grams of Protein ;)

Weight control oatmeal and cup of milk 15g

1/2 cup cottage cheese 13g

lunch meat wrap with low carb tortilla (two meals to finish) 30g

Whatever dinner I give my family, being aware of Protein avoiding most starches (they eat them but don't, or eat VERY little) 20-25g

If dinner is not enough Protein for some reason I eat more cottage cheese

Here is mine.

B - 1 scrambled egg, turkey roll up: 1 oz sliced turkey and 1 slice chedder cheese (one thin sliced )

7 + 5 + 3 = 15 grams

L - 2 oz grilled chicken and 1/2 pieces of zucchini

18 grams

snack - pure Protein shake

35 grams

dinner

2 oz salmon, some veggie :)

11 g

total 79~~

I still cannot do it without a Protein shake.