Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Mary

Sounds like you've got a great market in your neighborhood! We have one on Saturday mornings but I never seem to make it up there. ;)

Denise

Sorry chica that you are under the weather. I've had some funky head cold think going on too. I know a few people fighting it! Summer colds are the pits. At least in winter you expect to get sick! Hope you feel better soon.

Mom and jmc

Thanks for the support! I appreciate everyone on here. We each have so much to contribute.

Peace out- I've got too much homework to do to get on here for the next few days...okay, I'll probably check things out for a study break, but school is kicking my behind!

Hope everyone has had a good day. My day was quiet and uneventful.

Its been quiet on the thread today too. Don't let the Wednesday slump get to you. Its hump day and the weekend is in sight.

Good eating and excersising.

Had a fill today, not as much as I had hoped for only additional .2. AARGH

Then I had to go to my GP for my Brenda Vaccaro syndrome--or if you like my Frogie from Little Rascals syndrome. I feel like a lump of ookie stuff (trying not to cuss) Anywho, I have a sinus infection and an ear infection. Well it is a buy one get one free! I always believe that I should get my money's worth:phanvan So I got some pretty expensive antibiotics--no generic--I think kick backs---what do y'all think ( sorry just be snarky)

So as you see, I thought it best not to post...but Carol made me he he :biggrin1:

Denise ..hope you are feeling better in no time.

I see you are an night owl as well.

just catching up on some post. We have been having our den wallpapered so the computer has been un useable. I really missed it.

I should say I missed the chat board.

Everyone on here gives me so much inspiration its like having a shrink right in the house.LOL

i know I would like to see the weight come off a lot faster but the nice thing is I know its coming off for good this time.

I still am fighting that damn head hunger thing, where the food looks so good and I just want one or two more bites even though the band is trying to tell that I'm full. Not much fun, I guess i will get tired of the sliming after every meal soon right??????. DAAAAHHHH I always was a slow learner.

I too will try to contribute more to this board, its not that I'ts not that I'm not here, I always read everything. Sorry will try harder.

Denise ..hope you are feeling better in no time.

I see you are an night owl as well.

just catching up on some post. We have been having our den wallpapered so the computer has been un useable. I really missed it.

I should say I missed the chat board.

Everyone on here gives me so much inspiration its like having a shrink right in the house.LOL

i know I would like to see the weight come off a lot faster but the nice thing is I know its coming off for good this time.

I still am fighting that damn head hunger thing, where the food looks so good and I just want one or two more bites even though the band is trying to tell that I'm full. Not much fun, I guess i will get tired of the sliming after every meal soon right??????. DAAAAHHHH I always was a slow learner.

I too will try to contribute more to this board, its not that I'ts not that I'm not here, I always read everything. Sorry will try harder.

Hey Fellow Night Owl!

I have the same problem as you----and miss that whole--"I am going to fill my plate all the way up and eat until I pop" I have started playing little tricks on my self to help this. 1. small plate 2. small fork 3. a little prayer that I must resist the temptation of Satan Food :) Ha Ha

Anywho--so far so good. We will see.

As far as contributing---do as much or as little as you feel comfortable. I certainly tend to read more than I post---but lately I have been kinda talkie! Take care!

Denise

Denise, hope you feel better, the worst is being sick in the summer. Not only are you sick, but its freakin hot!

Rosi, I do the same thing. My boyfriend and I went to dinner last night and we ordered an appetizer and two meals...yea right. We ate the appetizer and I had to have my whole order wrapped up because I was so stuffed. So my punishment was to watch him eat all of his meal. That's what I get for thinking I can eat just the same as before the band.

I just started exercising this week, real exercising. 1hr of hard core panting, sweating, grossness on the elliptical and yesterday (which was only day 2) I was very very cranky. But today I feel much better. I do wonder why I was so cranky though. Has this happend to anyone else? I'm still getting plenty of sleep at night, I try to average 8-9 hrs, and nothing else in my schedule has changed. Oh well.......

denise hope you're feeling better. It usually takes 24 to 48 hours on anitbotics before you feel better.

I really enjoy reading everybodys post. So I'm telling everyone don't be afraid to post I guarantee that someone will enjoy it. You may never know who have touch with just one simple story. So everyone keep up with the post and don't give up.

I'm still playing with the same pound that I have been for the last two and half weeks. So maybe today will be the day that I break the away from the pound.

jmcambra---it is totally normal to get cranky after you have worked your a$$ off---I have been like that from time to time---and I have noticed when I have been a little $%&* it is because I am dehydrated.

Hey Carol--you will get off the plateau! I just did and I was banded a couple of weeks before you! Don't give up girl!!!!

First day of antibiotics--should I make a ticker :heh: Just kidding!

Baby Tony was born last night at 7:10 (on 7-11) weighing 7-13. He's adorable, of course, and doing really well. His Mom and Dad were absolute heroes through the whole thing. I'm one lucky Grandma to be invited to be there and help in any small way I could.

So that's four grandsons for me and I leave CT in 10 days to help with grandson #5 in NM. Who would have thought after having 9 daughters and 1 son that I we would be in such a grandson mode. It's awesome!

NSV: it was SO nice not to be so "in the way" as we moved around the bed and all tried to help Kori--I hate taking up more than my share of space in crowded places. I know I still did but it wasn't nearly as obvious as 25 lbs. ago.

Hope all is well with everyone--you guys are great! Have a wonderful day and weekend ahead. Much love from the happy new Grandma.

Congratulation on the new grandson!!!!!!

I am still in awww that you have 10, one zero, 5 + 5 more children!!!!!!!!!!!

You are my hero!!!!!!!!!!

May you be blessed with so many more grandchildren.

I am still waiting for my first.............

A new grandson! Congratulations momlambert. Kinda makes me weepy. I have a 10 yr old and my "baby" is 5. Sometimes when I see an infant I do get the baby blues for another. But then reality sets in, getting too old, husband was fixed, and I realize things are just great with the two I have.

I'm officially very dissappointed with myself.

I cannot stop eating!

I'm going to ask for a fill on Monday. My weight has been crazy since my last appointment in June. Lost 2 lbs....gain 1 lb..gain .5...lose 2 lbs...and on and on! As of today I have gained 2.5 lbs since June 4th.

I guess I'm ashamed to see the Dr. The money and time I've spent on this LB and I feel as if I've already failed.

Yes, I'm down 30 lbs total and 3 pants sizes but I don't feel like I have my eating under control. And I still have 35 to go.

Today I'm going to following the 10 band rules and get my head screwed on straight!

Thanks, everyone! Grandchildren are just so wonderful (so are children, of course, but it's a completely different relationship and SO much fun!).

Thanks, Rosi, for your kind words as well. I've been met with a spectrum of feelings and comments on the number of children we have--I never know what to expect. I've heard everything from "that's disgusting" to "they are blessed jewels in your crown," etc. I've developed a pretty tough skin about it all and it's really nice now and then to hear someone make comments such as yours--you made my day.

Off to the hospital--I hope my eating goes well while I'm away from home. This daughter and her husband eat very healthy diets (no white flour, white rice, or white Pasta and no fried foods, etc.) but they do eat out or order in a lot. Last night Kori couldn't wait to have sushi because of not eating raw fish while pregnant so we ordered in to the hospital. Since I don't like sushi, I ordered shrimp and vegetable tempura--bad choice. It went down just fine but not a good caloric choice, for sure. I need to do better. It sounded so good after such a long foodless day, I wasn't sure how udon or noodles would do or even sukiyaki so that's what I ordered--want to hear any other excuses???? It's a new day--hopefully I'll make better choices.

Thanks again for your support, everyone. We're in this together and we can triumph!