Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Hi Khanson,

I have had hair lost too--I found out from my lap band coordinator (the nurse at the doctor's office) that this is very normal especially at about 4months out from surgery.

What I have done is make sure that I am getting enough Protein and using Hempz brand hydrating Shampoo and conditioner. Also, I got the Protein spray from Sephora to spray on my hair (Oprah talked about it on her show) it is called Fekkai Protein Rx.

Good Luck and welcome to the Marchies!

I thought about cutting my hair off....

Really, when I decided to get the surgery in Januray 2006 I started to let my hair grow. So it's pretty long now.

I thought I'd let it grow during the whole weight loss process so when I get to my goal weight I can do a HUGE make over. I didn't realize I'd lose so much volume during the process.

I'll look for the Protein spray.

Juli

I thought about cutting my hair off....

Really, when I decided to get the surgery in Januray 2006 I started to let my hair grow. So it's pretty long now.

I thought I'd let it grow during the whole weight loss process so when I get to my goal weight I can do a HUGE make over. I didn't realize I'd lose so much volume during the process.

I'll look for the Protein spray.

Juli

Hey Girl,

I am doing the whole growing the hair thing too! My hair is so long right now--so pony tails are my best friend! I am losing major volume too! I am so glad that I started off we really thick hair! If you can't find the Protein spray--you can find it online from Sephora.com

Take care chica!

Denise

Denise-does the Protein spray seem to help? My hair is falling out really bad. Its actually really gross, like I leave a trail wherever I go! I hadn't had this problem up until 1 month ago. The minute it started I chopped it off. Only problem now is its still falling out, the hair is just shorter!

Denise-does the Protein spray seem to help? My hair is falling out really bad. Its actually really gross, like I leave a trail wherever I go! I hadn't had this problem up until 1 month ago. The minute it started I chopped it off. Only problem now is its still falling out, the hair is just shorter!

Yes, I believe that is is helping me. But I also have changed my Shampoo and conditioner. Also, I let the conditioner stay on my hair for awhile after getting out of the shower then I rinse it out. Also, I make sure that I always get my Protein in--but I do not drink the Protein shakes.

Denise

Thanks Denise-I'm definately going to buy it now! I've been averaging 100+ grams of Protein daily, and I do eat anywhere from 1400-1800 calories a day, but my hair is still falling out like crazy...

Thanks Denise-I'm definately going to buy it now! I've been averaging 100+ grams of Protein daily, and I do eat anywhere from 1400-1800 calories a day, but my hair is still falling out like crazy...

Are you taking a Multi-Vitamin? I also heard (or maybe read) that Biotin is good.

D

The best thing you can use for Hair loss is Nioxen. I am a hair stylist and this stuff is amazing. I am losing hair big time as well, but I usually do after surgeries and after about 3 months of using the Nioxen my hair starts to come back. It is pretty pricey, but so worth it. You need to use the cleanser (shampoo), the scalp therapy (conditioner) and treatment. Yes I am still losing gobs fo hair, but I also have a ton of new growth. You have to be careful of using too much Protein on your hair because it dries it out. You are better off ingesiting the protein. Nioxen does make a great supplement called Recharging complex this makes your hair grow really fast. It's kinda big so it will need to be cut up to take it. I have a hard enough time swallowing pills so I'm not taking it right now.

Hope this helps!

Hey Sugarbear! It has been a while since I have posted. I read here everyday though. I bet there are tons of folks like me. I am trucking along slowly with the weight loss. I must admit I could be more strict with myself. I am eating significantly less than before the band though. I find myself getting the muchies at night some. I am more of a night owl. Do you have any specific area that you struggle with? My next appt. is July 30th. So far I have only had one fill. It still seems to be working well. I know I am very lucky to have found good restriciton so soon. I could probably let them put a little more in but I like having a little room. I don't want to be too tight. We will see when my appointment day comes. Looks like your weight loss is steady too. Good Job! I'm thankful for my band and don't have any regrets!

WOW I NEED HELP> I have only lost 30lbs since 3/30. I know I have to eat better and I am trying. I have cut so much out of my diet BUT I can be doing better. I am strarting to feel better and look better in clothes, which doesnt help me much. I am losing about 1.5lbs a week. I did have a hard time at first with the band not being tight but it has been working well for the last 2 weeks.

Discouraging, isn't it Julia? I was banded a few weeks before you and have lost less than you. I finally have a bit of restriction--after 5 fills--but not enough yet. It's hard but we have to remember that we ARE losing! We are at least going in the right direction and that's worth celebrating. Let's hang in there and give it more time, wait for the fills to kick in, and be glad we aren't gaining. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Hey Girl,

I am doing the whole growing the hair thing too! My hair is so long right now--so pony tails are my best friend! I am losing major volume too! I am so glad that I started off we really thick hair! If you can't find the Protein spray--you can find it online from Sephora.com

Take care chica!

Denise

I decided to grow my hair out too. It was already long, bra strap length, but I always wanted to have it waist length and at the rate it grows I would have been there in a year or too. And it was really thick.

Then it started falling out. At first I was annoyed. I have very thick hair though so I figured it would stop soon. And my gorgous hair would be ok. But then it hadn't stopped falling out. And I take care of my hair too. No heat styling or blow drying. Lots of conditioner, sometimes only conditioner (no shampoo), oil the ends, protein treatments, hot oil treatments, wooden brush, etc. So the other day I sort of snapped. I was in the shower. I washed my hair and was putting in conditioner and this huge chunk of hair came out. And right before getting in the shower a ton came out brushing it. So I got out of the shower, grabbed the scissors and started chopping it off. I was going to shave my head, but my husband noticed my sobbing and chopping so I didn't quite that far. But almost. Hair stylist evened it out. I mean I'm practically bald. Just a tiny bit of hair. But now I'm going to focus on growing out my hair the healthy way and so forth. I got some scarves and hats and ordered a cute wig. But don't be like me! Put the scissors down! Work on scalp massage. That helps stimulate the Hair growth.

I realised I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks. Guess I've been busy or lazy or a combo of both. But I am feeling stronger physically and stuff. And slow weightloss, like I like. So things are going well here. Harry Potter comes to my house tomorrow! No parties for me tonight, as I lack transport and have a black eye from a fall so with no hair I feel self conscious right now. Once the bruising fades I'll feel much more confident. Though I look sort of dangerous! LOL. No one would mess with me.

I hear morrocco method works well for Hair loss too, but its expensive! I blame having the two surgeries in two months with the gall bladder failing on me for my hair loss being so bad. Oh well, I've always spent too much on my hair.

Good to see you, Kyethra! I wondered what had happened to you. Oh, dear, that hair story is too crazy--sad but funny in a way, too. Sorry. Don't mean to make light of it but I can just see you in there with the scissors chopping away like a mad woman like we all are at times. Four or my daughters shaved their heads at various times in their teens-early twenties. It actually looked quite good, much to my surprise. I've always been a short-haired person myself. So I'm sure you look just as beautiful as ever and you probably lost 5 lbs in hair, right? hehe

Enjoy Harry! Karen

P.S Your weight loss is amazing--good for you!