Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Hey Tia

I know I had UHC when I had a reduction 5 years ago and they were great.

Your surgeon will check with them or you can call and see if it's covered...what kind of info they need for predetermination....

Sounds like you have ample to lose and you talk about back pain. Shouldn't be a problem if it's covered.

You might want to go smaller than you think...after surgery I weigh 250, and I was a c cup. I gained weight to over 300 pounds and the girls got bigger (not nearly as big) but now I weigh about 240 and I'm a full D.

The only real, I'm serious, advice is know where the surgeon is going to put your nipples. They tend to place them higher than what is natural. So now, plunging bras have my nips nearly popping out and bras with seams have my nipples off center. I tell this to everyone!

Tell us how the consult goes.

In a few years I'm getting my boobs done. I know that sounds far away, but after I finish grad school I'm probably going to have a kid and then after that, I can get work done.

Congrats on the grandbaby!

Congrats on the weightloss everyone! And the workouts!

Yesterday I went up to Evanston for a sleep study at ENH. I hadn't had this sort before- a Maintenance of Wakefullness Test, so that was interesting. Of course, it was my fourth sleep study overall this year, so I'm getting good at washing the EEG goo out of hair. It especially helps now that I don't have hair anymore.

Hooked up to the EEG wires, with wire Harness aroun my neck and so forth between trials (the test is a test to see how well I can stay awake in soporiphic conditions. For 40 mins ever 120 minds, the patient sits in a semi reclined positionon on the bed, in a mostly darkened room, looking straight ahead. The patient isn't allowed to do anything-- no looking all around the whole room, no radio, no tv, no talking to oneself, no excessive wiggling or movement, no pinching or slapping oneself, etc. In other words, super boring) when I was allowed up and able to walk about and go down to the caffeteria, I thought I looked like a cyborg. Then I noticed that my boobs looked rather saggy. The shirt I was wearing was the sort of blouse where there is a top and bottom to it, if this makes any sense, and it looks odd if all of the breasts aren't in the top part. But, due to a combo of factors, including some of the stuff I had on me, I wasn't all in the top part. So that got me to wondering if cyborgs would have saggy boobs, etc. Thats ok. Thinking about cyborg boobs got me through the next trial. I decided that no they would not have saggy boobs. After all, thats already one of the most popular fake body parts. I think a good cyborg would have perfectly fake yet wonderful and perfect boobs that have been programed to have just the right amount of sensory sensors as well as look good and not cause backs to hurt. Today some of my exciting plans include arranging some clothes in bins in my closet and cleaning my living room. I thought about joining the gym today and getting an allergy shot, but I have a bit of a cold, so I'm going to reschedule both for tomorrow. Instead I can do some paperwork (typing work? if it is on the net?) today. And dream of a day when I can fit into smaller clothing and not jiggle.

Hi all,

I just found this thread. I was banded in March too. You are all amazing. Your wt losses are fantastic!!!

I lost 30 pounds my first month and then nothing for about 2 1/2 months. I sure does your ego good to see those scales moving again. Although I am trying not to make that my focus.

What do you think has helped the most?

Congrats to you all. Keep up the fantastic work!

Robin

Welcome robink!

It looks like your doing well with your weight loss. Where are you from?

How many cc in your band?

I have to admit, my love of junk food hasn't changed with the band, I just need to commit myself to "once in a while is okay" not daily.

I have increased my exercise quite a bit and that has kept me in check for the most part. I'm a slow loser at less than 1 lb a week on average.

Tomorrow we will be "

"Marchies in August!"

Just look how far we've all come!

You guys, I was just counting how many boxes of crackers I have in my house right now ------ that would be 7!! I've GOT to get them out of my house before I OD!

I've been a bit upset because I've been trying to find a semi-formal dress for a wedding Aug 24. I can't find a dress that fits me right - out of the 50+ I've tried in stores/ordered online. I hate shopping! I don't know what I'm going to do!

My weight is just going up and down 4 lbs. This is all making me crazy!

Hey Sophie-

Have you tried davids bridal? or JC Penny? I've found some great separates at both - I know davids bridal sounds formal but mixing it up makes it less so and not so expensive

Hi Mary,

I'm from Marshall, Michigan. Near Battle Creek.

I feel the same way about "junk" food. It's not an every day occurence now though. Just once in a while.

Take Care.

Robin

Hi

Welcome Robin, I live in Mt. Pleasant Mi. Were practically neighbors LOL.

Sophie- I have had very good luck at Burlington Coat Factory for dresses.

Well Gals I have been doing Tai Chi at a class, it has been very interesting. But, in fact it is harder then you would think. I was hoping for some weight loss in conjunction with it, but no! But its OK, because it is very relaxing and that is a good thing. I just have to get walking again:phanvan

My hair which is usually wavy especially this time of the year with all the humidity is very straight and feels dry. I am having a very hard time with the Protein. tuna, egg salad, chicken, eggs, all seem to gag me up and I pb.

Have a great weekend everyone!

yeah, Janine. I can only get enough Protein if I use Protein Drinks but I do hate spending nearly 300 calories early in the morning and not feeling full. I really like the chocolate Isopure powder--I mix one scoop (which is half a serving) with 1 1/2 cups of 1% milk in my Magic Bullet and it gives me 37 grams of protein--so that's about half of my protein for the day. I know it's better to chew the food and get satisfaction from that but I really like the drink and it does hold me until lunchtime. I figure that if it helps me with my hair, it's worth it. Good luck!