Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Thank you Paula, its great to know I'm not alone! :)

I understand all too well about money and not being able to afford the healthier foods. My nutritionist told me to have ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch, so I'm trying to do that when I'm at work.

This weekend we tried to get all the junk out of the house. I'm totally recommitting to eating better!

I have absolutely no restriction at 1cc. I can eat ANYTHING including bread! Hopefully smaller portions will keep me full as long as the bigger portions do!

And OH Julie - that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

No advice about BPs. I've never experienced one (and hope to never experience one either)

Thanks for the compliment. I do feel like I ROCK...but this too will pass. :)

As for fills and restriction, I'm empty. I have restriction, in that if I eat too quickly I BP. But I can eat a big quanitity of food...I see my doctor tomorrow to talk about that. I keep my calories about 1400-1600, and I burn quite a bit, so I feel pretty okay with that. However, I'm fearfull that I might be doing damage to my pouch because of the quaintity...

anyone have any thoughts about what I should do?

I'm all about getting fills so I would defiantly get one if your Dr gives you the OK. It sounds like you could use one. I'm impressed that you haven't had one yet, and you have still lost so much weight! As for damaging the pouch I'm not sure about that. I've heard ppl mention it on here from time to time. But I've never actually talked to my Dr about it. You know like, How it can happen, what kinds of things will make it happen. or if it can happen easily etc... Probably something I would talk to my Dr about though just to get his educated opinion!

Hey guys

I am curious about something, any answers are greatly appreciated. I haven't lost anything in over 3 weeks. I'm happy with my 40lb loss, don't get me wrong, but the scale won't budge, and I have definatly NOT been consistent with working out, which I know is key to losing. Yes, I do know that. About 2 months ago, I was going to the gym 2 times a week to do 45 min long cardio (elliptical trainer). This lasted for 3 weeks. Then I went on vacation and since then haven't done anything. I guess my problem is, besides excuses, I just can't seem to keep up with a gym/exercise routine. Years ago, before I ended up gaining all my weight, I was a super gym rat, 30 min cardio, 1 hr weight lifting daily. I'm not gonna lie, I was bulky; my shoulders are wide, and my arms were huge. I was lifting heavy weights. I don't want to look like that again. But I don't want to lift lighter weights either, and I do want a routine that I can stick to, that I know will work, and that is not only cardio! I know cardio is important, not only weight wise, but heart, brain etc wise. Should I hire a personal trainer for a couple of sessions? Should I start back up with a nutritionist? Should I just start with some cardio for now, is that even enough? I'm at a loss for the whole exercise thing and I figured my fellow marchies could help. You all seem so active! I'm a little jealous!!!

Hey guys

I am curious about something, any answers are greatly appreciated. I haven't lost anything in over 3 weeks. I'm happy with my 40lb loss, don't get me wrong, but the scale won't budge, and I have definatly NOT been consistent with working out, which I know is key to losing. Yes, I do know that. About 2 months ago, I was going to the gym 2 times a week to do 45 min long cardio (elliptical trainer). This lasted for 3 weeks. Then I went on vacation and since then haven't done anything. I guess my problem is, besides excuses, I just can't seem to keep up with a gym/exercise routine. Years ago, before I ended up gaining all my weight, I was a super gym rat, 30 min cardio, 1 hr weight lifting daily. I'm not gonna lie, I was bulky; my shoulders are wide, and my arms were huge. I was lifting heavy weights. I don't want to look like that again. But I don't want to lift lighter weights either, and I do want a routine that I can stick to, that I know will work, and that is not only cardio! I know cardio is important, not only weight wise, but heart, brain etc wise. Should I hire a personal trainer for a couple of sessions? Should I start back up with a nutritionist? Should I just start with some cardio for now, is that even enough? I'm at a loss for the whole exercise thing and I figured my fellow marchies could help. You all seem so active! I'm a little jealous!!!

Let me tell you that I was on a plateau for almost 5 weeks!!! I was really feeling defeated--and so I called my doctor at the end of June to see if my doctor will give me another fill- unfortunately he couldn't get me in until 7/11! Anywho, I decided that this may be normal--read about everyone on this post who is at a plateau!---so I bumped up the workouts--and cut out the carbs!!!! I really went back to the bandster rules---Get your Protein first!!!! The scale is moving :) Good luck to you! You can do it!!!!!

Hi Marchies!

First off...A NSV....I finally gave away my size 32-28s to a thrift store that gives their proceeds to various local charities. That made me feel good. I was hoping they would have clothes in my current size that I could buy and later give back. No such luck. Their selection sux! They needed what I gave them.

Now for the bad news....I've been so very bad this past week. I drank 8 beers...Can you believe 8?!?!? on the 4th. I can count on 1 hand how often I drink in a years time. And then I think I've eaten everything in site. It may be healthier foods, but I'm eating way too much. I can't seem to make myself write down and measure what I'm sticking in my mouth. I have no idea how many calories a day I'm eating. I think I've even gained 5 lbs. But I'm not going to give up. I should be able to start walking again and maybe riding my recumbent bike soon. At least I hope the Dr will release me.

Have a good week.

So we all had our bands placed in March....too bad they didn't inplant a "stop eating, you're NOT hungery" chip in our brains!

I need to keep reminding myself what I've known all along, this is a tool, not a miracle cure. I have been making the worst choices the last month. I have been losing and re-gaining the same 5 lbs for a month now.

I'm so nervous about seeing the Dr. next monday. I'm afraid of the scale. I'm afraid of another failed weight loss.

I just can't stop snacking! It's crazy. Perhaps I'm crazy.

Okay, I'm done complaining.

hi jmcambra

i can totally relate to your plight....i have a similar story about working out like crazy when i was younger and thinner.

after getting the band...i intended to beef up my exercise but had a hard time getting off my butt....

before getting the band i hired a trainer to try to lose weight and only used 2/10 sessions. so i gave them to my sister in law who is a size 6 but had osteoporosis. so she started with him and met him without fail...and within a few weeks....she started to look very curvy, etc. my brother (who doesnt notice much) was commenting how sexy she looked.

so this got me thinking to start again...which i did. however i was resisting going and committing. so i went to a bikini bootcamp in Mexico which really got me going. so i'm doing 4 cardio and 4 weight training sessions per week.

......thats the good news....

the bad news....eating and calories account for 75% of the weight loss.

so my food has been up and down which has stopped me from continuiing my initial weight loss.

i am now journalling my food.

the trainer definitely got me back in the gym. i also decided to try a new class each week because i tend to be a creature of habit.

so it sounds like you are onto your solutions...

good luck

I'm having the same issues with snacking. I'm trying to make better snack choices now - keep them under 100 calories. I figure one step at a time. Right now I'm having some Jello with fat free whipped topping

josiebies - I don't know why I always feel like the only one. I think I just get a little depressed when I see other people who are becoming ROCKSTAR athletes and I'm still sitting on the couch.

I've been reading up and down the exercise thread and I think I am going to start waking up super early and going before work because I think my biggest problem is going home to eat dinner and never going back out. I try to find every excuse in the book not to go to the gym.

The snacking has been bad, the food choices have been bad, and the lack of exercise has been bad, and its time for a change. Funny how I thought that change would just magically happen after my surgery. It just goes to show the ignorant people who say that we took the easy way out that they're wrong. It still ain't easy!

hi jm,

first of all your weight loss is great....but i know how you feel when it slows down.

one other thing i thought of that may offer help...when i am not going to the gym...to get started is a mental prison. i play the game, "should i go today or tomorrow or..whenever"

once you get in the groove of going regularly...it definitely becomes easier.

mentally i definitely feel better. so this is an added reason to keep me going.

i had a doctor once (she was female) who said to go everyday so i didnt play the game in my head of "which day should i go, take off etc" this touched something in me. i cant physically go everyday. by the end of the week....my energy is gone...but it made me think to do the 6 days

i'm waiting for my dr's nurse to call about my snacking.....i know thats what's holding me back...

so....lets try together

Hi gang.

To answer Denise, the biking miles were nearly all on the road, back country roads, or through small towns, but paved roads.

I saw my doctor today, again no fill and I'm okay with that. I know some of you are struggling and me? Not so much.

I want to contribute so as to maybe help, not to brag...

So here goes.

I say when I got a band around my stomach I got one around my brain because now I think and act very differently in regard to food.

I really feel it is a three pronged approach. There is the physical difference in our body from having the band. It does limit how much we can eat. There is the behavioral part, that's the piece that keeps us from driving through the drive through and makes us work out. Then there is the cognative part. That's where you frame how you think about food/exercise and their roles in your world.

I really think you need to engage all three all the time. You can't go on auto pilot thinking, "I have the band"--PRESTO CHANGO-- "now I'll get skinny."

My personal challenge is to try to get to where I view food as fuel, I don't know that I ever will...but I certainly don't see it as reward now. It's still celebration, social, comfort at times. But not as much. That's measurable and worthy note. Good cognative change, no?

As for exercise, to sound like nike, just do it. Do something small everyday, then add to it. Overtime you'll be up to a full hour. But small, 5 minutes is better than nothing. And really you are looking for better not perfect...

Be kind to yourselves, opening the can of emotional worms of why we got the point of needing surgery is unending. So if it's been a while since you poked around in there, you might want to do it some more.

Ignore me if I annoy you... :) I come from a place of :love: love for ya'll.

Hey Sistas!

Hope y'all had a great Fourth!!!

Went on a bike ride with the DH around the lake we live by in Dallas (White Rock Lake) it is a 13 mile ride :clap2: I did this ride on Monday too! My goal is to ride in the month of July a tenth of what they ride in the Tour de France --which is 2200 miles---so we will ride 220! So far I have 26 miles in--I know that this is a big goal---but I am up for the challenge.

HEY JULI! You are a bike rider...wanna do the challenge too? Come on.....

Hugs!

Denise

WOW!!!!

Way to put things into perspective!!!

Thank you sooo much!