Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Looks like the Marchies are over some of our plateaus!

After a few weeks of frustration, I got on the scale yesterday and I'm down 2.5 lbs.

WOO-HOOO! Perhaps my not so healthy food choices can tell the story of the last month. That's all I've lost since my Dr. weigh-in on June 4th.

I've been exercising more regularly and bike riding seems to be my new thing. I got on the local trail at 5:40am today and biked until 6:15.

I was in 5th gear and NEVER stopped pedaling....I'm not sure how many miles I went. I suppose I could get a rough estimate if I drove it and checked my odometer.

My new favorite snack with 20 gms of Protein is: Pure Protein bars

Cals: 180/ Fat:5/ Carbs:17/ Sugar:13/Protein:20

I found them at Walmart for $5.67 for a box of 6 (normally $1.79 sold individually) To quote Rachel..."YUM-O"

Should get back to work, have to get some things together for the

4-H County Fair at the end of the month.

Good morning Marchies.

I went for fill #3 on Wed and she over did me. Couldn't get Water down, while I waited. She then took out .5cc and I felt much better.

The scale has finally started moving also Yeah!!! trying to get in some swimming, but it has been very cool here for the last week or so. Starting to warm up today. I have dug out my daughters old bike but haven't attempted to go for a ride yet. I haven't been on a bike for about 15 years, but all this biking talk is making me want to give it a try.

trying to stay busy so that I am not wanting to eat. I still have way to much Head Hunger. I think it will help if i can get that scale to start moving.I also want to tke my measurments next week, I know my clothes are fitting differant . How many inches has everyone lost?

have a good weekend everybody. keep up the good work.

NSV - I had to see a vascular surgeon yesterday to treat a burst varicose vein - he measured my thighs for the compression stockings I have to wear for a week (can you say old lady!).

I have lost 4 inches in EACH of my thighs!!! Holy crap!

By the way, if any of you have leftover varicose veins from pregnancy go get them checked. I never knew ....until it happened....that you can "spring a leak" from a vein and it bleeds like a cattle slaughter. I know this will sound unbelievable but when I got out of the car at the ER, I SPRAYED blood all over the car next to us and left a spraying blood trail all the way inside. I am fine but it was shocking - learn from my procrastination and go see the vascular guy and get them checked.

Does anyone have problems with Fitday? I set up the account--entered everything---and it won't log me back in this afternoon. It says that I have a login error..so I had it send me my password..and it still won't work. aargh!

Virginia,

Please let me in on your secret! You are doing awesome! I was banded on March 20 and have lost about 45 pounds. However, I have been around the same weight now for 6 weeks. Any words pof wisdom or advice?

Keep up the good work!

Hi to all! I would like to say this is my first time in this thread, but Im so glad I'm here. Its a blessing to have the support of all of you. I have to admit it has been a while since Ive been to LB talk. Mostly because I have felt too guilty to come in here, LOL! I haven't been doing as well as I should. Ive lost about 40 pounds, but most of that was lost in the first two months. I have been fighting off hunger like crazy, and my will power is slipping away! I had my 4th fill the end of June and still have not felt much. I'm currently at 2.25 in a 4cc band, I think.

I do put most of the blame on myself though~I haven't been exercising nearly as much as I should be. And I know that my eating habits are not nearly as good as they were the first few months either. But thats why I'm back, to get the motivation I need from all of you wonderful bandsters!!! So let the motivation begin......

I FINALLY have restriction:whoo:I HAVE to eat everything very slowly and I get full super fast.Now I am ready for the scale to move!!!!

Hi everyone!

Glad to see this group is still active :Banane10:

I've been having a rough time in the past week and have actually gained about 6 lbs :) I know some of that is PMS and Constipation, but a gain is still a gain B)

I have had 1 fill so far, and that was last month. I have 1cc in my band, but it really hasn't made a difference in how much I can eat. I just find I can wait longer in between meals.

When I got my fill the surgeon filled my band completely, and then withdrew 3cc of saline. Well he was suprised that I didn't feel ANYTHING when he filled me up completely. It makes me worry that even filled completely that I wont have restriction - and I NEED restriction!

I haven't been making the best choices with what I eat, and I know that, so I'm committing to starting over again. I'm not eating nearly as much as I used to, but I know I'm eating more than I SHOULD be eating. I'm going to try to keep my portion sizes to a cup or under (been eating more like 1.5 cups or more lately)

So am I the only one struggling?

Hi to all! I would like to say this is my first time in this thread, but Im so glad I'm here. Its a blessing to have the support of all of you. I have to admit it has been a while since Ive been to LB talk. Mostly because I have felt too guilty to come in here, LOL! I haven't been doing as well as I should. Ive lost about 40 pounds, but most of that was lost in the first two months. I have been fighting off hunger like crazy, and my will power is slipping away! I had my 4th fill the end of June and still have not felt much. I'm currently at 2.25 in a 4cc band, I think.

I do put most of the blame on myself though~I haven't been exercising nearly as much as I should be. And I know that my eating habits are not nearly as good as they were the first few months either. But thats why I'm back, to get the motivation I need from all of you wonderful bandsters!!! So let the motivation begin......

Paula I also have not lost much either around 30 lbs and I was banded march 20th. I have 2 cc in my 4cc band and still can eat way to much. I don't excerise as much as I should. I get my fourth fill next week on the 16th so I'm hoping for more restriction. I keep waiting for it to happen like I read, but I have only a small amount of restriction. I worry that I will stretch out my pouch while I'm waiting for more restriction. How much can you eat at a time right now. I worry that may I have a leak or something like that. I just wanted you not to feel alone in this process I think there is more of us out there going slow. We just don't speak up as much, because we feel if we do we will be seen as a failure. We are winner we have lost and we have not gained, so we are winner and it may just take us longer. I know that I feel like I want it gone now, not next week or next year, just now. It took a long time to get to where I am and it may take a little long to get it off, but I know we can do it. Good luck this week and keep us informed on how you're doing.

Carol

I biked 60, SIXTY, six-zero, miles between Friday and today!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's right. I rode that bike.

I'm having a great time and doing things I never thought I'd do. Being banded is one of the best decisions I've made, ever.

Woo Hoo!

Okay, I just woke up from the very NEEDED nap...:wof:

I biked 60, SIXTY, six-zero, miles between Friday and today!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's right. I rode that bike.

I'm having a great time and doing things I never thought I'd do. Being banded is one of the best decisions I've made, ever.

Woo Hoo!

Okay, I just woke up from the very NEEDED nap...:wof:

Oh Julie,

You rock. You are doing awesome! Im sure youve already said but Im going to ask again. How much do you have in your band and are you feeling restrictions. Rock on with your bad self!!! :rockon:

Paula I also have not lost much either around 30 lbs and I was banded march 20th. I have 2 cc in my 4cc band and still can eat way to much. I don't excerise as much as I should. I get my fourth fill next week on the 16th so I'm hoping for more restriction. I keep waiting for it to happen like I read, but I have only a small amount of restriction. I worry that I will stretch out my pouch while I'm waiting for more restriction. How much can you eat at a time right now. I worry that may I have a leak or something like that. I just wanted you not to feel alone in this process I think there is more of us out there going slow. We just don't speak up as much, because we feel if we do we will be seen as a failure. We are winner we have lost and we have not gained, so we are winner and it may just take us longer. I know that I feel like I want it gone now, not next week or next year, just now. It took a long time to get to where I am and it may take a little long to get it off, but I know we can do it. Good luck this week and keep us informed on how you're doing.

Carol

Carol,

I think I may have talked to you before, but I cant remember. Its been a while since Ive been in here. I was banded by Dr nigro also in overland park. Where do you have your fills done. Mine are done in Wichita. I just had my 4th fill and I'm at 2.25 in a 4 bander. I begged them to give me a .50 fill instead of a .25 and surprisingly they did! I truly feel that I may be getting close. I do notice some foods taking a little longer to go down if I don't chew well enough so I look at that as a good thing.

Thank you so much for you words of encouragement. I will be coming in here much more! Feel free to send me a PM anytime too.

hi everyone

just got back from new york visiting my aunt who has terminal cancer.

my cousin had a get together for the family and we had such a nice time. my aunt looks great....but that wont be for long. the doctor told her to get her paperwork in order and have a healthcare proxy.

my food was very BAD. i ate junk. i think i need a fill because i'm feeling like my old self. i am gettingback on track with spin class tomorrow. so that usually straightens me out

anyway i'll be back later...just wanted to check in

juli....pretty soon you will give lance armstrong a run for his money. thats alot of miles!!!!

No lilnena, you are not the only one struggling! I fell off the wagon two weeks ago (I'm back on though). I think what really set off my bad spell is my stupid period! One piece of chocolate turns into the whole package...and before I know Ive dug myself into a 2 week binge. OK so binge isn't the right word but lets just say its been 2 weeks of over eating unhealthy foods. But its the start of a new week so here we go! we can do it!. I really need to start doing eggs for Breakfast again. I really need to be getting more Protein all around. That seemed to work well for me. Its just kinda hard because money is tight right now and I cant always buy boneless chicken breast all the time. I'm always up for new cheap suggestions.

Oh Julie,

You rock. You are doing awesome! Im sure youve already said but Im going to ask again. How much do you have in your band and are you feeling restrictions. Rock on with your bad self!!! :rockon:

Thanks for the compliment. I do feel like I ROCK...but this too will pass. :)

As for fills and restriction, I'm empty. I have restriction, in that if I eat too quickly I BP. But I can eat a big quanitity of food...I see my doctor tomorrow to talk about that. I keep my calories about 1400-1600, and I burn quite a bit, so I feel pretty okay with that. However, I'm fearfull that I might be doing damage to my pouch because of the quaintity...

anyone have any thoughts about what I should do?