Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

nurseamy...you look FAB-U-lous

i just remembered why i stopped posting on this thread (marchies) back in april/may....i feel like i'm talking to myself.

it would be nice if people responded to posts. to be honest...the april surgery people have a model thread of everyone interacting with each other....

anyway just thought i'd put this out there because i used to eat over this stuff....

but no more

josiebies

About your eating issue, for the most part I have similar problems with eating. I find I can eat junk much better than good piece of Protein. I was at my aunts house last sunday and I couldn't eat the steak that she made (it was super tender), even though I chewed it into a paste, but 15 minutes later I downed 4 gingerbread Cookies. I don't know what the deal is.

As to the post where you feel like your talking to yourself, I know how you feel. I post on other threads where I feel like I'm part of a group. On this thread, I just blab, but don't get too much in return.

josiebies...

I kinda agree. Sometimes I guess I just post to get things off my

chest like it's my journal for all to see! When I do ask a question I expect someone to give a response. I suppose I'm just as guilty. I read the post of others, think to myself "that's great, good for them etc" and go on to the next one.

And sometimes I feel as if I'm babbling on and on and ppl might get bored.

Have a great rest of the day!

I really enjoy all the pictures. You all look great. I love the public toilet thing, I been there and never really thought of it as NSV. That great way of thinking.

Let me tell you what I did this morning. Went to the store and got all the wrong things. Ice cream, pie, muffins and candy bar along with salad, protien bars and milk. I came home and ate one muffin, and the pie filling, no crust, just the filling. Sometimes I think I'm crazier than a loon. That is all that I have eaten today, but not very diet friendly. I will have a salad tonight. Just why do I do these crazy thing? Of course had this been before the band I would have eaten all 4 muffins and the crust. By the way the muffin didn't go down well and I won't be eating muffins anytime soon.

Carol

Thanks for all the compliments:biggrin1:...The grocery store story remined me of yesterday.I was was dying of thirst and went to the coke machine to get water.I pushed the Water button and out pops a coke.Now what do I do??I took one sip and threw it in the garbage.I was so proud of myself because I have ZERO will power when something is in front of me.It is getting a little easier now that I have some restiction.

Believe me I was a diet coke addict, I would drink 3 or 4 diet cokes a day before the band. I have not had a diet coke since March 19, 2007. I really miss it at times, but I just haven't even tried for fear I would be able to drink them again. I'm saving lots of money too. I'm trying to drink more Water and I doing better at it.

Carol

hi jm and mary,

glad i wasnt the only one feeling that way...i am going to join the april group....i really need interaction....i talk to myself all day long ha!!! (just joking)

i just remembered why i stopped posting on this thread (marchies) back in april/may....i feel like i'm talking to myself.

it would be nice if people responded to posts. to be honest...the april surgery people have a model thread of everyone interacting with each other....

anyway just thought i'd put this out there because i used to eat over this stuff....

but no more

Sorry Josibies- about not responding to posts. I am pretty horrible about it and I want to apologize. :) Please don't go to April--I will do better. Again, I am very sorry.

but no more

I don't post very often because I feel like everyone is having such great sucess that I would only bring people down. I haven't lost nearly as much as some of the bandsters, but I still love reading everones input. I will try to be more mindful and respond more often. Maybe we just needed a wake up call.

I've felt the same way about the posting. Its why I wasn't as active either. I hope we can get to be more supportive of one another!

Its wonderful when we have NSV, of course it is also awesome to see the scale move down, and kind of scary to see it move up like it did for me this weekend. I'm back on track though. I made myself some Jello to have when I feel like I need to snack. That way it isn't too many calories and I add a little fat free whipped topping which is only 20 cals!

Carol, don't feel down on yourself about the weight loss. My weight loss is since September, and since the surgery I've lost less than 20lbs :P

Hi Carol and lilena,

Even if you are slow losers ....your not at a complete stop. Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare? Do you remember who won? Yep that's right the tortoise! It doesn't matter how fast or slow we lose--just that we end up where we want to be! The scale will move---always think positive :P!!!!! and lilena---I loooovvvvveeee whip cream. It helps me when I want sweets!!!!

Take Care!!!

Denise

hi jm and mary,

glad i wasnt the only one feeling that way...i am going to join the april group....i really need interaction....i talk to myself all day long ha!!! (just joking)

Hey sorry you're feeling left out and unresponded to. I personally don't try to leave people unanswered. There are just times I don't know how to answer...so I leave it for someone who is more capable.

You'll be missed if you leave...

Denise and Hazelbunny - you guys look great. Oh Juli - I noticed your little pic changed too, noticing some big differences!

Congrats Congrats All!!!

I just wanted to thank you guys and this website, it really has inspired me to get off my a$$. I always had an excuse not to exercise and I was talking to one of the health nuts at work yesterday; he told me to wake up earlier to go to the gym. And I did. Today I woke up at 4 30, went to the gym, jumped on the elliptical trainer for 45 min, burned over 500 calories, jumped in the shower and drove up to work. And I feel so much better! I'm sure I'll be tired until it becomes routine, but I've already planned to go the rest of the week. Instead of getting home, taking care of puppy, eating dinner, and then sitting on the couch procrastinating, I'm already taken care of. Its a great feeling.

One more thing - NSV. This may sound crazy, but if I ever went to a public bathroom I would always use the handicap stall because it was so much bigger. If I used a regular stall, not only would I be constantly bumping into something, I would have to pretty much stand on the toilet to open the stall door. Well, the handicap stall was in use last night so I went into a regular stall, and DIDN'T HAVE TO STAND ON THE TOILET!!! I just opened the door like a normal person. I was so excited. Ok enough about me!!!

Hey Marchie Friend!

I liked your NSV! I have just recently started using the non-handicapped toilets...what a feeling to me able to open a bathroom door with out causing a bruise! He He