Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Hi to all! I would like to say this is my first time in this thread, but Im so glad I'm here. Its a blessing to have the support of all of you. I have to admit it has been a while since Ive been to LB talk. Mostly because I have felt too guilty to come in here, LOL! I haven't been doing as well as I should. Ive lost about 40 pounds, but most of that was lost in the first two months. I have been fighting off hunger like crazy, and my will power is slipping away! I had my 4th fill the end of June and still have not felt much. I'm currently at 2.25 in a 4cc band, I think.

I do put most of the blame on myself though~I haven't been exercising nearly as much as I should be. And I know that my eating habits are not nearly as good as they were the first few months either. But thats why I'm back, to get the motivation I need from all of you wonderful bandsters!!! So let the motivation begin......

Hang in there Paula!!!

I've only lost 34 and I think I've atually gained a couple in past week!

When I speak with my doctor about it he says that I need to remember that this is not a race, it's a life change. He says that it will all come together in the end.

Very well put Juli...you are right on the money. It takes more than the band and good restriction for all this to work. Being banded has changed my whole mind set when it comes to food. Sometimes, I have to remind myself to eat something. Foods I used to love don't even appeal to me anymore. I still like my sweets, but now one or two bites is enough to satisfy my craving, not because my band is stopping me from eating more (because we all know the junk goes down easily), but because I tell myself that that's enough. As far as exercise...I always wanted to be one of those people who felt guilty if I didn't exercise and NOW I AM!!! In my mind, the band will not work if I don't exercise. I know that's not totally true, but when I decided to get banded I also made the decision that exercise will become a permanent part of my life. It is not a option for me. I have to do it!!!

Hello Marchies!

This is my 4 month bandanniversary! The first picture on the left is me at 330 lbs and the picture on the right is at 265 1bs.

Denise :whoo:

post-215570-13813135255069_thumb.jpg

post-215570-13813135255289_thumb.jpg

Wow, Denise! Congratulations--you look great and are truly an inspiration. Keep up the great work!

LOOK AT YOU!!!

I only see one chin! Fantastic!

You're looking good! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here are some updated pictures. For those of you who don't know my Hubby is weird about my pictures being online so that is why all the chopped off heads.

I can finally see a difference in pictures. Look how much longer the shirt is!!!!

post-215774-1381313525686_thumb.jpg

Denise and Hazelbunny - you guys look great. Oh Juli - I noticed your little pic changed too, noticing some big differences!

Congrats Congrats All!!!

I just wanted to thank you guys and this website, it really has inspired me to get off my a$$. I always had an excuse not to exercise and I was talking to one of the health nuts at work yesterday; he told me to wake up earlier to go to the gym. And I did. Today I woke up at 4 30, went to the gym, jumped on the elliptical trainer for 45 min, burned over 500 calories, jumped in the shower and drove up to work. And I feel so much better! I'm sure I'll be tired until it becomes routine, but I've already planned to go the rest of the week. Instead of getting home, taking care of puppy, eating dinner, and then sitting on the couch procrastinating, I'm already taken care of. Its a great feeling.

One more thing - NSV. This may sound crazy, but if I ever went to a public bathroom I would always use the handicap stall because it was so much bigger. If I used a regular stall, not only would I be constantly bumping into something, I would have to pretty much stand on the toilet to open the stall door. Well, the handicap stall was in use last night so I went into a regular stall, and DIDN'T HAVE TO STAND ON THE TOILET!!! I just opened the door like a normal person. I was so excited. Ok enough about me!!!

jmc-

Great NSVs! Working out and not standing on the toilet! That's so great!

Hazel-

Even though you are headless, you look great!

Woot Woot!

hi everyone,

checking in....

finally feel like my food is in check again. whenever i have a good exercise plan.,...my food usually gets better because i always think "why am i busting my butt to eat junk"

my DR's assistant and i keep playing phone tag. i need to talk to her about what i can and cant eat. i can eat a whole choc chip cookie sitting down. but i cant eat good food sitting down...weird. i have to stand and walk around to eat any Protein especially. this has been from the beginning of my operation.

hi juli

jm...great NSV

hazelbunny: you look great.

denise....looking great too

have a good day all

Hello,I just thought I would be brave and post my 4month(well almost) progress pictures.I did not really notice any change until I took these pictures today.Please excuse the strech marks and scars!!!:)

collage4.jpg