Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in July

Welcome to the July thread!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend, maybe an extended weekend due to the Holiday.

Let's keep losing, this is our 4th mouth out since banding!

hi juli,

i liked your post in "marchies in june" about really focusing to get off these plateaus. i've been working my butt off at the gym for the past 2 weeks and the scale hasnt moved.

i decided to get the scale out of my house (my sister-in-law is holding it for me) and focus more on my food intake. it's been sloppy of late.

so i'm going to start journaling.

i also havent posted in awhile but keep up reading posts. i am going to start posting again....it really helps to "commit" (i hate commitments ha!)

thanks for starting the july thread.

joanne

Josie

That's a great idea to get the scale out of the house. It can cause us to focus on the numbers and not on the nutrition. I'm trying to focus this weekend too. I want to see some change on the scale. I'm not ready to move it out of the house tough. (I have a little scale addiction, shhhh don't tell.)

I'm a FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal user. It takes a little getting used to but I do like it for tracking my calories. You might want to check it out.

I want to chat a minute about NSVs.

Yesterday I took my daughter to see Ratatouille, and I plopped down between the arm rests and fit. It took me a minute to realize I didn't raise them before sitting. I was like, "wow, that's cool".

Last week I rode on an airplane for the first time since November. I didn't need an extention. Truth be told there were two inches to spare too on the belt!

And this one is killer. I'm a single mom with shared custody, I have my 5 y/o daughter every other weekend, some weeknights too. I either take her to the pool or walk around the zoo for my exercise on our weekends. But for the first time EVER I've asked the neighbor girl to babysit for a few hours so I can get in a two hour bike ride. It's worth $10 to me, and Zoe just loves the girl. Isn't that crazy!? I'm actually a little proud of myself.

:D Cheers.

Juli

Just checking in on this first day of July!!! Time is really flying and I can't believe we're 4 months out already! I'm sure everyone has their own personal goals in mind for this month. I seem to be consistently losing at lease 10 lbs a month sometimes more so my goal is to lose another 10lbs during the month of July. I'm thinking about taking advantage of the personal trainer at the gym I attend, but he is soooo cute!!! I'd feel more comfortable if the guy was ugly...isn't that crazy?!?! Anyways, it's only $15/hr and I think once a week might really make a difference.

Welcome Back Josie! It's good hearing from you again!

Congrats on the NSV's Julie!

Welcome Lee4Love! I'm glad you've joined us. I remember talking to you while you were waiting for your surgery date. Congratulations and continued success!!!

hi

tammy: thanks for the welcome back. i was keeping up with everyone by reading posts but i wasnt posting. i dont know why? but maybe posting and getting to know everyone....you sort of have to commit. and/or you have a responsibility to the group.

i think i'm past those issues.....

i'm not sure how old you are but i have the cutest trainer. he lives in houston. he's 28....and a really good guy. he's really good too..he trains some professional football players here...

if you are ever here in houston ...he's single....i can introduce you ha!

juli, can i tell you...the NSV's really mean more...even tho' we tend to focus on the scale.

the airplane seat and the movie seat victories are HUGE! it's so nice to not have to worry about our butts spilling over. the USA airlines are usually discreet about extensions. one time i was on a plane in india and the flight attendant shouted from the front asking if i needed one.

needless to say...i wanted to open the door and throw her out. ot better yet...ask her for 2 extensions so i could strangle her with one ha!

also your daughter probably liked being "babysat" . i remember when i was a kid i always felt it was special.

i'm going to use my clothing size as my indicator.....i'm trying to anyway..lets see how i do staying off the scale.< /p>

i was in a rehab for eating disorder at one time and they wouldnt let me see the scale. i had to face backwards...it was such a mood changer for me.

anyway...i just spent a few hours weeding. (i hate gardening) this is my day off from exercise but i feel i got a little in with this.

for july....i'm commiting to 5 days of exercise per week. right now i'm doing 6 but need a little wiggle room

anyway have a splendid sunday!

Happy Monday everyone.:tired

Really, I'm checking in with those who tried to dig a little deeper this weekend to shake the plateaus. How ya'll doing?

I did move off of the 247 mark by one pound. :whoo:I'm happy because I sat there for 11 days. ELEVEN DAYS! That's insane considering how much I exercise. But it seems to be how I'm losing this weight. It's my third 10 day or longer plateau.

You'd think I should give up the scale...not gonna happen. :rolleyes Someone has a little problem not weighing herself. I'm making up for YEARS of not stepping on the scale, ever.

So Janine, Denise, others? How was your weekend? Are you feeling more successful?

Do tell. :)

I've decide that the band is kinda like being married. I have to figure out how to keep all the excitement and the thrill of a new marriage. I THINK THE HONEYMOON IS OVER.

Ok so I entered before I wanted to. I really need to figure out to keep up my excitement and thrill that I felt right after I got the band. I will make this work, no divorce from the band for me. I have got this far now the work begins

Happy July everybody!!!

I bought my first pencil skirt in a size 18 and it fit on Friday I wore it to work today and I cant keep the waist part up because it's so loose!!!!!!

And I got a size 18 jeans that fit pretty good some day's I can do 16's some days I'm a great 18....:tired

As far as food went this weekend didnt get much in :)

Friday drank 2 bottles of Water didnt eat all day, wasnt hungry at all!!! tried to eat 2 chicken strips I ate half of 1 and it hurt so I quit....I went a got 2 granola bars and ate those that was it for Friday! :phanvan

Saturday went a little better I ate a very small salad and 1 stuffed mushroom from Olive Garden and I made lemonade with splenda it was great!!!!;)

Sunday church! food half a cup of yogurt, half a bowl of greens with turkey meat and 2 hand fulls of mini carrots with ranch dressing!!!;)

I will try and weight myself sometime this week hopefully the scale with at least move to 239 at least!!!:paranoid:paranoid

Happy July, friends! So glad everyone is doing well (despite the plateaus--aren't they a bummer???). Those NSV's are awesome. Send some my way, would you?

I had my fourth fill last week and do feel a bit of restriction for the first time--mostly when I don't chew enough or take too big of bites. The dr. told me to call and see if they have a cancellation for later this week if I want another fill before I leave town for 3 weeks. Hmmm, what to do? I really can't decide. Although I want a fill, I am nervous about getting one on Thurs or Fri because then I can't try solids until Sat or Sun and I leave Monday at 6:00 a.m. I hate wasting 3 weeks with not being tight enough but I'm nervous about having problems (haven't had a PB YET) and being on the other side of the country. Advice? I'd love to know what you guys think.

I haven't lost at all for three weeks. Discouraging for sure. I exercise five days a week and keep track of my calories on sparkpeople.com. I'm eating between 1,000 and 1,200 most days, although I had three days last month that were 1,800. I really wanted to be in ONE-derland before I went to welcome my two new little grandsons to the world (one in Connecticut and the other in New Mexico). Unless I can break all my previous records and lose 7 lbs. this week, it ain't gonna happen.

July will be an interesting month for me--3 weeks of vacation with my daughters as they give birth and adjust to being first-time moms, my father in gravely ill health with colon cancer, and we're selling our house while building another and making all the decorating choices, etc. Crazy. Hopefully the timing on everything will fit beautifully together and I'll sail through July with joy, grace, and peace--and lapband success to boot.

Have a great month, everyone. Love and success to all! Karen

Hey Momlambert-

You do have a big month ahead of you. Keep us updated as much as poosible. I'll be thinking about you!

Tia-

You've got to love the clothes are too big feeling! I'm sure you look fantastic. Make sure you're taking a multi Vitamin, considering you aren't eating much.

Carol-

If you find a way to keep it fresh let us know. I don't think Cosmo has an article on how to keep WSL new and exciting like it does for sex with your man. If they did, I'd subscribe!

TammyJ-

Hire that personal trainer! You'll be so glad you did! You'll be feeling downright athletic!

Josie-

She did love the baby sitter and I loved the bike ride! And yeah you for getting out and weeding the garden. I'd rather eat glass than work in the yard, you have my sympathies.

Happy July everyone!

Hey Ya'll!

I got an email from lbtalk today saying I haven't posted in a while. Sorry. Summer has been so busy. I try to pop in and read the threads and check in on everyone.

I am finally under 200! I went to Kohl's yesterday and bought some new tops and rewarded myself with some new workout shoes. I'm glad I saved all my size 18 shorts! I've purged all my 20/22's yeah!!!

I'm having a hard time eating. It hurts and I'm sliming a lot. I got a fill about 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden it feels tighter. Gotta love those Protein Shakes and Bariatric Advantage Vitamins. My hair is falling out like crazy. I'm going to try to be better about chatting!

Everyone is doing so great!

Trina

hi marchies. have been so busy and haven't posted in a while either. wow most of you have gotten fills! how exciting. i haven't gotten any yet. i still feel very comfortable with what i can eat and the length of time i feel full. so why mess with it if it's working, right?

i'm eating between 900 and 1200 calories a day and hit the gym for a couple hours a day, 6 days a week. the gym is really my salvation now. it has such a great atmosphere and if i knew my body could take it, i'd work out there for 5 hours a day, lol.

the weight loss has been steady, thank god. i never thought i would be aggrevated by baggy clothes, but boy i am! for the most part i'm still wearing the same clothes i had before the surgery. it's pitiful looking too because i'm 87 pounds skinnier and they hang on me. i bought new pants a couple weeks ago and they are so baggy now that they are almost unwearable. it's so surreal. when i look in the mirror i see myself as the same before surgery. if the scale wasn't moving i would never have thought i lost a pound. it's so odd.

has anyone had any luck with thinning down their arms? i lift weights but they dont' seem to be shrinking. :P maybe tae bo?

good luck everyone. i look forward to reading ur posts...ur all very inspirational. :D virginia

Hi Everyone

I saw my doc last wednesday and she didn't want to fill me. I had lost 5lbs in 6 weeks. She was fine with that. I thought it was very very very slow. I haven't lost anything in two weeks. I also haven't been exercising as well as all of you. I'm jealous, and I'm definately taking in more calories also. Around 1400-1700. I told that to doc, but she was still happy with the weight loss. She had originally told me she wanted me eating 1200 calories. When I go back in a couple weeks I'm not sure whether to ask for a fill or not. What do you guys think?

Today is Sleepy Tuesday!!!

So for some reason I got so creeped out last night because I can feel my port really really good now. Although it creeps me out I cant stop touching it!!!!!

Oh Juli - lunch - Baked potatoe with cheese and sour cream a lil Soup

dinner - I ate a whole Turkey Burger patty yesterday with grilled onions & ranch dressing & a bowl of cream of wheat, *Im on my period*

Today

Breakfast _ ??

lunch - ??

dinner - Another turkey burger with onions and ranch dressing

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!!!!