Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had it before the sleeve and now at 18 months out teetering on it, trying to get it under control with diet and exercise

I know it is, I was taking several handfuls of pills and doing shots prior to surgery, I don't want to get back there, diabetes was my driving factor to get the surgery, all of my paternal family has it, lost a close Uncle who went blind and got gangrene, scared me

I have this evil disease. Diagnosed in January I took a month to try and change diet and lost a little but knew it wasn't going to make a difference. That day I called to make my first appointment with surgeon and started my almost 8 month journey. My sleeve is scheduled August 10th @ 1pm. My only problem now is the insurance still hasn't finished reviewing and the approval is still pending. I continue to plan for it and my surgeon was very positive it would be approved. Hoping to say GOOD BYE to Metformin forever!!

Omg yes the insurance sometimes takes time but keep positive!!!..also I take januvia and gly_buride because metformin was killing me I lost weight on it but I couldnt even keep Water down I am glad it works for you it works great on keeping those levels down.

I remember I was on Meformin 1000 MG twice a day, Glipi-Zide 10 MG twice a day, Januvia 100 MG twice a day, Invokana 200 MG, Gemfibrozil 600 MG twice a day, Valsartan/HCTX 320-25 MG, Lantus solostar, and insulin. Plus I have done Byetta & Victosa

$100's of dollars in co-pays for doctor's visits and medication plus supplements.

So how long after surgery were you finally rid of all meds? I also have sleep apnea with a cpap. I want to kiss it goodbye also!

I left the hospital off of them, which many I have heard did, some get weened off rather quickly

Great samelton68 I am happy you no longer need meds...rin52 I also have sleepapnea Im hoping after surgery it goes away I sleep much better but the mask is annoying ;(.

My Doc did say I would probably go home on NO MEDS! OMG the reality of that just hit me. He also said to check my blood sugar during pre op diet in case low I would need to decrease or stop the Metformin.

I have T2D; this is the biggest reason I am doing this.