Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started my 2 week mostly liquid diet today. I can't have any caffeine and I can't take aspirin or NSAIDs to deal with the headache. Feeling grumpy but I will get through it. Any suggestions? I wish I had stopped the caffeine earlier...

I had a little caffeine the first few days of my pre-op diet. The NUT told me not to worry if it helped me get through the diet. I made sure to have a little less each day for a few days, and then I was fine. And I took some Tylenol to help with the headache.

I am having problems with coffee already ... I have tried to have only Decaf for the last 4 days, and I have not had a headache, but I am so super tired, and sleepy without my little boost of coffee in the morning, I am not a coffee fen but have 2 cups every morning, and this is hard, I decided to have a drink of black coffee today, very strong at work, and just the sip, was enough I didn't want any more. i normally have cream and splenda, and that straight strong, was enough it was gross! I was hoping it would stop the craving and it did!

Started my 2 week mostly liquid diet today. I can't have any caffeine and I can't take aspirin or NSAIDs to deal with the headache. Feeling grumpy but I will get through it. Any suggestions? I wish I had stopped the caffeine earlier...

We can take Acetaminophen...hope that helps!

I don't sell the stuff, so don't consider this advertising...Advocare has an energy drink mix that's sugar free and has amino acids and Vitamins. It's called Spark. My favorite flavor is fruit punch, and it will give you a natural pick-me-up that you're missing from coffee.< /p>

i luckily was allowed to have caffeine in the form of tea, so i never really had to give it up, but the good thing is once its gone out of your brain its gone!

you can do it!

:lol:

I just had a coworker read me her spark label, it is sugar free but has caffeine. :(

Can you possibly replace the craving with a flavored Water? They make drink mix ins that are sugar/caffeine free. My husband is a big drinker of diet soda and had to stop it as well for his pre-op diet, and the flavored drink mix is his solution as he dislikes plain Water.< /p>

Spark has caffeine?! Sorry...

I drank a lot of Water to try and flush the caffeine from my system. It seemed to help!

Yep, I had caffeine withdrawal preop. It was horrible and I really thought I was dying. Made me realize caffeine is a heck of a drug. My head hurt and I was grumpy. But it was worth it!

2 days Diet Dr Pepper free! Today was harder than yesterday. Had nagging headache that seemed to minimize around 8pm. I'd rather do this before i start my pre op diet on 7-27. Good luck to all working on giving up caffeine.

I'm in day 2 of two week pre-op diet (3 shakes, small low carb, low fat meal & low fat dessert). I was not told to give up coffee (thank goodness!). I am worried about post-op however. Again, I was not told to give it up, but it will be at least a few days before I can have it. :wacko:

Now that I think of it neither was I. They said high Protein Shakes, sugar free and full liquids. I think my thought was to get over soda and caffeine before surgery since after surgery it would be more difficult for me. Today has been better.

Post op headache sucked. It made it worst. After I was over caffeine withdrawal it was ok. Stop caffeine the sooner the better. Tylenol helped!????