Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to sleeve in one surgery. Who's had it done that way? How long had you had your band? What was your recovery like? Any complications? Regrets?

Thanks everyone!!!

Dream how long did you have your band? I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. Frenzel.

I had my band 4 years to the date of my surgeries. May 18th 2011 (band date)

Hi there! I had my band in May 2011 and just had my band removed and revision to sleeve on May 29th in one surgery. Went great!!! Port was twisted and they had to dig it out so I'm a little more sore at that incision site....but not bad. Surgery took about 3 hrs, spent 2 nights in hospital. The worst part was that I couldn't pee so the nurses had to cath me a few times...Pain was manageable. No nausea...or complications. So glad I did it. I'm now down about 30 lbs since my preop physical. So happy!

Edited by Tkrk0325

Congrats! Sounds like you're doing great!!!

Thanks! Good Luck with your journey!

Banded in 2004 sleeved in 2013....one surgery no complications what so ever.

I just had mine done two weeks ago. Band was removed and the sleeve done in the same surgery. I was in the hospital 2 days which is what my surgeon does for all sleeve and bypass patients. I haven't had any problems and have been able to each anything I've wanted to this week without any vomiting or stomach upset. No complications so far and no regrets.

I have been more tired with this surgery than I did with the band surgery, but I'm also 3 years older. I had less pain and barely used any pain meds in the hospital and none once I got home.

I'm home recouping.. Still trying to feel normal and regain energy. Haven't needed pain meds since Sunday evening. Taking zofran because it makes me feel better lol.. Sore where my port was but its much better.

I had my band 10 years. I am 8 weeks post op. And though losing weight has not been happening like I would like. ..I am so happy to have that thing out of me!

I had my surgery done Tuesday. There was a lot of scar tissue and the operation took longer. I didn't have much pain or nausea. I feel fine now and looking forward to getting off of Clear Liquids. I was going to try to work Monday but was weak from the diet and I am going to work tomorrow after 8 days. I am so glad I had the revision surgery.

I took off a week and yesterday wasn't bad. Today I was actually more drained feeling. I find it harder to get my liquids in me at work, I get busy and sidetracked.

I had my revision done on June 24th and I am feeling great for the most part.I also had to get my gallbladder out so that was alittle more pain but not too bad.My question is-I also had to have a drainage tube put in,has anyone else had to do this an if so how long.Mine is in for a week getting it out on Wednesday,but I waswoindering if I am still draining what happens then? Has this happened to anyone in there procedure,Please share! Thank you

I didn't have a drainage tube. Others I know had theirs removed a few days after discharge I believe

I only had one for 2 days. :(

when you went back to get it out was it still draining?I am wondering what happens if it is?Thank you!!!