Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to sleeve in one surgery. Who's had it done that way? How long had you had your band? What was your recovery like? Any complications? Regrets?

problems with sleeve, hardly keep anything down - reflux is bad

@@Patrick M

sorry you are having problems post revision from the band to sleeve :mellow:

heartburn, gerd, not being able to keep food down :mellow:

doesn't sound like fun :(

has doc prescribed Prilosec or something to help get rid of the gerd???

you have talked to doc, he knows your situation

hopefully he's right about not being too concerned with your situation

it is a fact that some people do have heartburn post sleeve :huh:

some have it worse than others

did you have reflux problems pre sleeve??

good thoughts that your reflux will be helped w/meds

try drinking room temp Water, easier for many others to "keep down"

must keep trying/forcing yourself to drink

have some S/F popsicles

they won't count much towards water

but they might/should make you feel better (your mouth is probably dry :huh: )

dehydration is not fun :angry:

37 lbs down is great :)

sorry your problems have contributed/caused you to loose weight quickly :blink:

hope you get relief soon from your gerd and all your other issues :rolleyes:

good luck

kathy

Having my revisions, band to sleeve tomorrow. Very nervous and anxious. My fiance is freaking out too!! Pre-op diet has been ok, shrink the liver and all that, and BONUS - lost 10 lbs. :)

We'll see how I feel Thursday, but I feel confident that I'm doing the right thing for me.

Didn't know the band had a shelf life! Had mine done in 2006. Lost 50lbs, but gained it all due to "unfills" from obstructions. Hoping there is no internal issues when they get in there to take it out. Port hurts a lot most of the time. Will be very glad to get rid of that!!

Hugs to all! :)

I had drainage tubes, 3 of them, with a different surgery a few years ago. Actually went home with two of them. Once they are removed, any additional Fluid inside is just reabsorbed by the body. The only reason for the tube is to get ride of the excess fluids. When they start to slow down to a trickle, then you're gonna be fine! :) Good luck!!

Fortunate for me, my doctor does not use drainage tubes. I have my surgery tomorrow. :)

I will be having the band to sleeve revision in 1 surgery (in about 4 weeks).

I have had the band since 2010. I lost 115 pounds and felt great. Then came the complications. Had to have the band emptied and all of the weight came back. :(

I am so ready to get this band out of me and move on to what is hopefully a more successful weight loss surgery (fingers crossed).

So far so good! Not using the pain meds much as they make me groggy and constipated. But so far, I'm pretty happy with this experience.

Good luck!!!

Just had mine done together 3 weeks ago, the first 2 days were rough because of scarring, but all is going well.

Just had mine done 9/3. Having a lot of trouble getting enough fluids in. Doc said he didn't care about Protein right now, just push fluids. I had no problem drinking all that Water before surgery, but now water, juices, broth...all tastes yucky. Right now I'm eating ice chips for something to crunch. But only have about 12 oz of Fluid in me for the day. Don't know how I'm going to suck up more! Vomited up water earlier this morning so had to start all over again.

I finally found someone with my issue. My band has been in since 2010 and it slipped. I am getting surgery 10/7/15. How are you feeling?

I finally found someone with my issue. My band has been in since 2010 and it slipped. I am getting surgery 10/7/15. How are you feeling?

Good luck with your band to sleeve revision! You'll do great!! I hope to be pretty soon as well.

Thanks for the support!

So far so good! I'm barely using the pain meds and liquids are going down fine. Slow and steady!!!!

Hoping every one has as easy a time as I am having!!!!

Hugs!!

Would have liked it all done at the same time but my dr requires a three month wait period between the two. I even got a second opinion and was also told it had to be done in two surgeries. Just had my band removed on the 29th and looking forward to the sleeve in September! Really glad to hear though that the one and done has not caused complications and I wish you luck!

My surgeon also requires the 3 month wait between band removal and surgery. What was the band removal recovery time and experience for you, please?

I understand that safest was is a 2 part procedure... band removal very easy...no recovery time at all, like go back to work after 3 days.....I pushed to have it done all in one procedure and did 8/31. So far so good. Nausea after eating (maybe too much) pureed most of the time is my only concern. Going back to work 8/16.....