Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to sleeve in one surgery. Who's had it done that way? How long had you had your band? What was your recovery like? Any complications? Regrets?

I'm scheduled to have band removed and revised to sleeve June 12th and I'm going through all these different feelings. Excited. Nervous. Ready. Not ready. Is this normal??? Dr. Clayton Frenzel is my surgeon.

Edited by KellarsMom

Very normal! And when you wake up on the other side you realize how glad you are that you did it! Hang in there!

Also. I did do it in one swoop. Very glad to be done. I had my band for 9 years. Doc said I was a mess but surgery went great! No complications. No nausea. 1 week later I could hardly tell I had surgery. Very glad I did it in one swoop.

I had my band for 11 years. Boy what a mess. I did lose 100 lbs. but there was lots if stuck food and vomiting. My band was removed and converted to a sleeve a week ago today. The Dr did it all in one surgery. No complications with the surgery. He did say there was a lot of scar tissue and he had to chisel the port out. I had an allergic reaction to some medication given in recovery which caused severe nausea until the next day. Once that subsided I was good to go. Went home the next afternoon and never needed pain meds for my abdomen at all. Unfortunately two days later I got a really bad cold and raging sore throat. That has slowed down my liquid intake. I am glad I had this done. I just wish I had not waited so long. I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by lexiemia

My band has been in since 2009. I am hoping it can all be done at once but I of course want him to do what's best. I'm just so nervous and reading has me a little freaked out...

I'm having my band removed and the sleeve procedure done on June 26th 2015. At first I was concerned about the two procedures done at once, but my surgeon is the best in Tampa bay and I trust his expertise. He did the band for me back in 2006. Wish me luck as I begin this new chapter! I am anxious , scared and happy all at the same time.

I'm having my band removed and the sleeve procedure done on June 26th 2015. At first I was concerned about the two procedures done at once, but my surgeon is the best in Tampa bay and I trust his expertise. He did the band for me back in 2006. Wish me luck as I begin this new chapter! I am anxious , scared and happy all at the same time.

Who is your surgeon? I had my band done in St. Pete by Dr. Renke and Dr. Grossbard. My revision was done in NC.

Dr. Rehnke is my surgeon.

Dr. Rehnke is my surgeon. How did your revision go? Hope you are doing well NewNewMe!

It went very well! It feels so much better than the band. I am so glad that is gone!

I'm scheduled to have band removed and revised to sleeve June 12th and I'm going through all these different feelings. Excited. Nervous. Ready. Not ready. Is this normal??? Dr. Clayton Frenzel is my surgeon.

Hi Kellarsmom,

I had my band to sleeve revision with a hiatal hernia repair by Dr. Clayton Frenzel on 5/18. The surgery was very successful and I've lost 26 pounds thus far. Dr. Frenzel and his staff are great and very supportive. They're always there to answer any concerns or questions. Feel free to reach out with any questions...you'll do great!! Good luck and see you on the losers bench ????

Thanks everyone!!!

Dream how long did you have your band? I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. Frenzel.