Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Did anyone have any trouble with fitting in airline seats or with belts?

I was coming on here to ask the same question!!

Did anyone have any trouble with fitting in airline seats or with belts?

I was coming on here to ask the same question!!

I did not. I purchased aisle seats so I would only ever have one person beside me. Definitely wanted to avoid middle seats. My weight at the time of my flights was 236, which may not seem huge, but I have VERY wide hips. So my main concern was to do with armrests and spilling over into other seats. I did that to a degree and was pretty embarrassed about it, but I did manage to technically fit.

We flew economy going down to TJ but booked first class going back. It was sooooooo worth it!

You headed down for plastics? I'd love to hear about your experience. If I ever win the lottery, I've got all kinds of skin I wouldn't mind saying Adios to!

I was headed down for 2 scheduled plastic surgery consultations and to meet @ufjireh. Key word being WAS- early on Sunday morning I had the 4th episode of excruciating right abdominal pain I had had in about a week and a half (don't ask me what I thought the first 3 times it happened was) so I finally went to the hospital because obviously something was wrong and I ended up getting admitted to the hospital Sunday night to have my gallbladder taken out on Monday. It was infected, full of stones, and all shriveled up (the ultrasounds techs description of what she saw. No one who looks at organs regularly should be looking at an image of something inside you and have a confused look on their face). I figured at some point I would have issues with it because that just seems to happen with most of us after weight loss surgery but this was just horrible horrible timing. Anyway now I'm home recovering instead of in Mexico for my consults. So sad, disappointed, and upset!! Although it's a minor setback in trying not to get too down about it. I was on major roll hitting the gym and working out and seeing great changes so I'm hoping this won't be a long recovery. I'm so sorry ufjireh. I hope you got my message ????. I know all will go well for you tomorrow because you are in amazing hands!!

@@back2barb78 Sorry about your gall bladder situation. Hopefully you'll have a quick recovery and can get back on track with your workouts and get your plastics consult ASAP.

For those of you who did not go with the recommended company for supplements which Protein drinks/ powder did you use on your pre op?

Also do you mind if I asked how much weight you needed to lose before surgery? Did you start sooner? Wait for the pre op to lose it?

Thanks!

For those of you who did not go with the recommended company for supplements which Protein drinks/ powder did you use on your pre op?

Also do you mind if I asked how much weight you needed to lose before surgery? Did you start sooner? Wait for the pre op to lose it?

Thanks!

I took the Vitaleph Multivitamin (still do) and probiotic (now take insync) pre-op. I did not order the Vitaleph shakes, Calcium, or B12. I made my own Protein Shakes with Now brand unflavored whey isolate and sugar-free Torani syrups. For ready-to-drink shakes I used EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control with a little extra unflavored whey isolate added in (they only have 17g of protein and Lucia said 20g minimum per shake). For Calcium I take my grocery store's generic version of Citrical Maximum. And for B12 I originally was taking a sublingual, but during my 6 month post-op consult with OCC, they suggested I switch to a liquid, so I just started taking one I found on Amazon that's a spray.

Edit: As for pre-op weight loss, I was expected to lose a minimum of 5% of my body weight, but aim for 10%. I lost somewhere in between.

Edited by JamieLogical

Thanks!

I needed to lose 15-30 lbs. I did the recommended Atkins diet for 2-3 months prior to surgery, and lost 18 lbs. I started the pre-op diet yesterday. I'm using Premier Protein shakes from costco, and the Celebrate ENS drinks for Vitamins, since they were less expensive than the Vitaleph.

Dr Elias Ortiz? My date April 25th ..

Dr Elias Ortiz? My date April 25th ..

I'm with Ariel Ortiz

What day do you arrive? What Hotel and Hospital do they use? I will be in the Marriott Tijauna and the Mi Hospital..

I'll be at OCC on the Thursday the 26th, also staying at Marriott in TJ

Did you mean Sunday the 26th?

My bad I'm going in 3/26, I didn't realize my typo

Too bad was looking forward to meeting someone from on here.. But good luck and keep us posted.