Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

The girls did not need the pain meds cuz they were not having any serious pain issues. They did not need nausea meds cuz they were not have any of those issues. As for the antibiotics, we just felt more comfortable taking drugs that go through FDA. Again I am sure the drugs they offer were totally fine. For us the comfort level was to take drugs the we knew were acceptable in the U.S. Certainly not something that everyone has to do. I just wish we would have saved the $180 and forgone buying them in the first place. Other then antibiotics we purchased when we got back home, we didn't require anything else. Later, My youngest daughter started taking Nexium daily for acid reflux, but her insurance pays for that so that is a big help.

Everyone needs to evaluate their own circumstances and do their research. Then go with what meets your own personal comfort level. Being the fact that the oldest daughter is a nurse practitioner I am sure we were were more cautious then necessary.

Edited by jjinWA

Later, My youngest daughter started taking Nexium daily for acid reflux, but her insurance pays for that so that is a big help.

The antacid they gave me was just straight up 40mg omiprazole (Prilosec is the US brand name), so I definitely wouldn't have had any qualms about taking that, since that's a drug we're all familiar with in the US. I took the other meds as well, though I didn't have any significant pain once my drain was out or any nausea past the first day.

I have another question for you all...did you buy round trip airfare or wait to buy return flight after surgery?

I bought round trip. Why spend the extra money for separate trips if you don't need to? My return flight wasn't until 4 days post-op. If I had any complications that were gonna keep me in Mexico for more than 4 days, I'd have bigger things to worry about than a plane ticket!

Edited by JamieLogical

Just e-mailed a scan of my cashier's check to OCC! I think it's finally starting to sink in that this is for real! :D

Just e-mailed a scan of my cashier's check to OCC!  I think it's finally starting to sink in that this is for real!  :D

That was when it really got real for me too! Excited for you!

I thought it felt real when I bought my plane ticket. But when I went to the bank and emptied my entire savings account and got the cashiers check, then it got REALLY REAL! Seriously, that was more stressful than my shitshow trip to TJ with cancelled flights and musical airports or even the surgery itself.

I'm so confused! Maybe you all can shed some light. My surgery is 4/1 but we arrive day before (correct), then stay one night in the hospital. Wouldn't I go home on 4/3? They are saying 4/4

Night 1 (day before surgery)....stay at Marriott

Night 2 (day of surgery)....stay at OCC

Night 3...stay at Marriott. Went back to OCC second day after surgery to check drain site

Night 4...stay at Marriott. Back to OCC third day for drain removal and fluoroscopy leak test before heading to the airport.

My surgery was on a Friday and I left on Monday, so your calculations sound right. I'd call your coordinator and go over the schedule to be sure.

Edited by Kindle

Currently relaxing at the Marriott. This hotel is awesome!! Everyone is SO accomodating! Did my pre op tests earlier. I'm all set and scheduled for the first surgery in the morning!!!! I can't believe this is actually happening. I'm not nervous or anything. Just ready to have it done!!